Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 297298299 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-18 21:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
droid razr looks sexy. i hope SE comes up with something comparable soon! the combination of kevlar housing, gorilla glass, and the rest of those specs is hard to pass up. almost makes me want to jump ship! come on SE! don't let me down!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2011-10-18 22:50

On 2011-10-18 21:54:15, moogoo wrote:
droid razr looks sexy. i hope SE comes up with something comparable soon! the combination of kevlar housing, gorilla glass, and the rest of those specs is hard to pass up. almost makes me want to jump ship! come on SE! don't let me down!

The specs are sexy but the phone is not. The Camera (hump) section in the back destroys the visual appearance of the phone. 7.1mm thin at the thinnest point but that hump is over 10mm.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 07:07

Already, from the leaked specs, (the) Nozomi is better than the Razr. I just don't see SE beating Moto when it comes to that amazing buid quality, that is just stunning and I should know as I still own and use the Motorola V8 which is matched by very few phones in build quality.

I am now waiting for SE to see the rest of (the) Nozomi but this Razr is now in my shopping list along with SE's next flaghip. Only one will be left standing.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 08:37

On 2011-10-18 22:50:02, DACHA wrote:

The specs are sexy but the phone is not. The Camera (hump) section in the back destroys the visual appearance of the phone. 7.1mm thin at the thinnest point but that hump is over 10mm.

Absolutely agreed!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 13:24
so did SONY sell of 8mp Exmor to APPLE instead to ?? Thats y no NEO with 8mp?? and they Introduced NEO V ??
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 13:45
after all these announcements, im REALLY itching to see what has installed for us...

It might not be as powerful as others, who knows, we'll find out soon enough, but it does not phase me as I wouldnt call me a power user like some who need the extra grunt!

Apart from that, one thing that always wins me over to is their designs.
Ylli
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 15:56
Sony ericsson on ICS for 2011 Xperia lineups from www.pocket-lint.com:

"Sony Ericsson is currently rolling out the upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.4 across its entire 2011 Xperia smartphone portfolio. This software upgrade will be available through a phased roll out in select markets. Beyond Gingerbread 2.3.4, we plan to upgrade our 2011 Xperia smartphone portfolio to the next Android platform made available to us. Official Sony Ericsson communication regarding software upgrades will be published on http://blogs.sonyericsson.com."
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 17:53

On 2011-10-19 15:07:23, aurelius wrote:

On 2011-10-19 13:24:19, smclion102 wrote:
so did SONY sell of 8mp Exmor to APPLE instead to ?? Thats y no NEO with 8mp?? and they Introduced NEO V ??

Yes, that's why Neo V has a 5MP sensor. Apple bought almost everything they could produce!

Agree. With 4 million units sold that doesn't surprise me they got out of stock.
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 23:45

Sony 8mp sensor for apple is different from that 8 MP sensor present in Xperia 2011 range. It is not the same sensor. Sony 8 MP for apple is much better. ALso apple uses high quality lens instead of plastic one present in xperia 2011 family
semo
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 01:08

On 2011-10-19 23:45:26, koss wrote:

Sony 8mp sensor for apple is different from that 8 MP sensor present in Xperia 2011 range. It is not the same sensor. Sony 8 MP for apple is much better. ALso apple uses high quality lens instead of plastic one present in xperia 2011 family

"Much" better I am not sure, just saw several comparisons of 4S and Arc and the results are mostly tied.
Are you sure the apple phone has glass lenses and not plastic?
Moreover for the plastic lenses, it hardly matters at the level of quality of such small sensors.

BTW Where do you get this info?
I hope not from the mobile-review site, they claim the same there.
And they repeat it over and over and probably they are the origin of this speculation, but they've been wrong or biased many times before.
In the past they were saying the same about cheap sensors in Vivaz, but still it had one of the best cameras in its class.
I wouldn't trust this info yet.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 01:27

On 2011-10-20 01:08:55, semo wrote:

On 2011-10-19 23:45:26, koss wrote:

"Much" better I am not sure, just saw several comparisons of 4S and Arc and the results are mostly tied.
Are you sure the apple phone has glass lenses and not plastic?
Moreover for the plastic lenses, it hardly matters at the level of quality of such small sensors.

BTW Where do you get this info?
I hope not from the mobile-review site, they claim the same there.
And they repeat it over and over and probably they are the origin of this speculation, but they've been wrong or biased many times before.
In the past they were saying the same about cheap sensors in Vivaz, but still it had one of the best cameras in its class.
I wouldn't trust this info yet.

Yup, it's pretty safe to say that the sensor in Arc and iPhone 4s is the same. Since Sony produces only one kind of 8MP Exmor mobile sensor, it has to be this way As for quality, I would say wait for GSMArena thorough comparison, I'm pretty sure it will show that pic quality is very similiar in these two phones.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-20 05:47
From the comparisons I've seen 4S just beats our Arc. Although it's not a straight sets win. It's what I would have expected as Apple work hardest on optimising their software/hardware relationships and the cam module is probably almost identical to Arc's (save maybe the type of glass to protect the module).

I think SE's problem is that they've added crap loads of compression and degrading post processing to help bring the file size so they can handle it ast enough to save to the card and give a better speed performance. By doing so they'v dug a hole because if they help their picture quality and lose the speed people will start to get upset.

Arc's photos are 80% of the time 'good enough' so most people won't notice a quality increase as they won't look so closely. People will notice a 0.5-1.0 second increase in time to take a photo though (which is what it might take to have 90% of the time 'great' photos) and I think the speed of the camera is something of a selling point for Arc.

Anyway, a better CPU, less aggressive processing algorithms/compression and perhaps a switch to totally internal storage will help the next SE flagship shooter.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 07:27
I would like to opine ...
First I think this topic relates to new releases from Sony Ericsson handset and not on whether a, b or c uses the image sensor or lens d, e or f! Ok?
Second point, I do not see why the insistence of you to say categorically that all Apple iPhone 4S use Sony image sensor!
This is a great untruth!
It has been widely discussed and published on various websites as (GSMARENA, PHONEARENA, CHIPWORKS and MOBILE-REVIEW)!
Only 25% of iPhones manufactured worldwide use SONY image sensor!
The remainder (75%) uses OMNIVISION image sensors!
And the reason is simple ... Sony has no structure to meet this demand after the disaster at its factories in Japan!
Want more proof of what happened to Neo?
Who won a downgrade in camera because of this!
So take this thought of your head!
Just as select markets (USA, UK, Germany, France and Japan) will have iPhones equipped with SONY image sensors, other markets in which the device will be marketed (included my country BRAZIL), the units will have image sensor OmniVision!
Fitting also point out that Apple is working with two different suppliers for all optical integrated with iPhones (the vast majority of iPhones use lenses GENIUS OPTICAL and minority LARGAN PRECISION lens use)!
On what occasion will be used either, so I have no idea!
Clarified that, I think not healthy to discuss why the iPhone has superior image quality to all Xperia Top Line 2011, because he does not use in full image sensors SONY! Big hug to all and please...
Let's talk about new products and services Sony Ericsson !
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 08:13
Well, Apple choice of sensors does effect Sony Ericsson's future choice of sensors. If Sony produces the max number of units they are able too, maybe we won't see a 8 or 12 Mp Sony sensor in the next high end phone. Especially if Guarulhos information is true and only 25 % of the sensors used in the iPhone4S are from Sony, i would imagine Apple to want that number to be 100% ?
Ravager
The tiny rabbit from outer space
cha-B
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 13:03
A photo taken by LT26i (Nozomi?)
https://picasaweb.google.com/[....]1522115/E3#5665168277609936210
[ This Message was edited by: cha-B on 2011-10-20 12:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 297298299 ... 362363364  Next