Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 293294295 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-13 13:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Perhaps that 'hinge' is an opening for helping remove the back cover.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
shaoran
P1
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 14:43
a new brand logo maybe...just feel it's a sony's design anyway without ericsson at all...
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 15:11

On 2011-10-13 14:43:11, shaoran wrote:
a new brand logo maybe...just feel it's a sony's design anyway without ericsson at all...

Hmmm... you may be on to something here. I initially thought it was weird that the name and logos have been cover up but dismissed it.

Clearly this is more of a Sony design than SE as we have stated and maybe this is just Sony and not Sony Ericsson.

Could this be what you were wondering about, goldenface? You wondered if Sony were working on phones in preparation for the takeover, this really is unlike a Sony Ericsson design.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 15:36
Well when you take into account the time it takes to develop a handset it wouldn't surprise me if Sony have indeed already developed their own prototype Sony mobiles in preparation for any eventual change of ownership - just a thought.

The picture might just have the normal logo scrubbed out, and further down on the battery cover, it does look like the normal Sony Ericsson logo scrubbed out - you can almost make out the start and end of what looks like 'Sony Ericsson'.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2011-10-13 14:52 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 16:31

On 2011-10-13 15:36:04, goldenface wrote:
Well when you take into account the time it takes to develop a handset it wouldn't surprise me if Sony have indeed already developed their own prototype Sony mobiles in preparation for any eventual change of ownership - just a thought.

The picture might just have the normal logo scrubbed out, and further down on the battery cover, it does look like the normal Sony Ericsson logo scrubbed out - you can almost make out the start and end of what looks like 'Sony Ericsson'.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2011-10-13 14:52 ]

Eh, sorry am I missing something here? So lets just get this right you think that Sony has taken it apon themselves to develop their own prototypes so that they'll be prepared if they do buy Ericsson out? I can't really see that as sustainable at all, considering the fact that these after all are just talks which have gone on before and could still easily collapse as it has done in the past. Then Sony has wasted it's money developing these phones? Also obviously the speed at which technology changes why would they develop phones for the 'eventual change of ownership'? When these phones if just kept for a couple of years will end up being outdated. Not to mention the fact that if Sony was to be producing these for itself, that would be totally unacceptable in the current joint venture and show a complete lack of commitment to making Sony Ericsson work, which could then be argued that they are to blame for their downfall.

Also if Sony has been planning this for a while, why did they then after many years of discussions realise the Xperia play under Sony Ericsson if they knew in a year that they would buy them out? Surely they would have held off until then?

A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 17:02
@adsada

If there is a tentative agreement between the two parties then yes there could be a prototype around.

Let's see, the Ericsson T68i laters became the Sony Ericsson T68i. Then there is the T610i which was going to be an Ericsson phone as but after the agreement between the two parents it became a Sony Ericsson.

I can make examples from Siemens and later BenQSiemens also.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 17:11
@adsada

Like I said - it was just a thought.

It was written into the original JV agreement that both companies should still able to produce their own mobiles should they wish to do so. Mobile development is an ongoing process, there are endless prototypes being produced which never make it to market.

I would be very surprised if Sony hadn't considered the prospect of a fall out with Ericsson only to find itself not prepared for such an eventuality.

For the sake of development, both companies must have their own mobile R&D departments.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 17:20

On 2011-10-13 17:02:57, Dups! wrote:
@adsada

If there is a tentative agreement between the two parties then yes there could be a prototype around.

Let's see, the Ericsson T68i laters became the Sony Ericsson T68i. Then there is the T610i which was going to be an Ericsson phone as but after the agreement between the two parents it became a Sony Ericsson.

That's different, in those cases they just rebranded the phone because it was around the time of joining the joint venture. Just now it is implied that Sony has already given up on SE and is producing its own phones for itself for when (if) they do buy Ericsson out. Now if this were to be true as I've said it would be crazy to do so because as much as they want it they cannot be certain Ericsson will allow it, and if talks do fail and they continue the JV then they have just wasted money developing a phone which will not go to market. I just don't think this is a reasonable thought, but we will see.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Hsiao
Xperia Play Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 17:57
http://weibo.com/sebbs

Ray 2. 6-7mm
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 18:06
Ray is probably their new design language.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 18:08

On 2011-10-13 17:20:30, adsada wrote:

On 2011-10-13 17:02:57, Dups! wrote:
@adsada

That's different, in those cases they just rebranded the phone because it was around the time of joining the joint venture. Just now it is implied that Sony has already given up on SE and is producing its own phones for itself for when (if) they do buy Ericsson out. Now if this were to be true as I've said it would be crazy to do so because as much as they want it they cannot be certain Ericsson will allow it, and if talks do fail and they continue the JV then they have just wasted money developing a phone which will not go to market. I just don't think this is a reasonable thought, but we will see.

No, what I am saying is that if Ericsson has agreed to sell its stake to Sony, certainly the rumours suggest that that is the case and the sticking point is the price or value of the stake, then Sony can go ahead and make their prototype(s) in anticipation of the deal being signed. It is not to suggest that they have no faith in SE but to prepare for continuity.

I guess time will tell, so let's see what happens.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2011-10-13 17:10 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 18:16

On 2011-10-13 17:57:41, Hsiao wrote:
http://weibo.com/sebbs

Ray 2. 6-7mm

Now they are pushing it! 6-7mm is breakage point and I don't want a phone that thin.

But then, the W880i was very thin and well built, hopefully this is built similarly to the W88i by using metal and plastic accents.

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 18:46
That is not just thin, it's emaciated. If the current rumours are to be believed 2012 is shaping up to be quite interesting already.

6-7mm sounds impossibly thin - look at how thin a 3.5mm jack is.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-13 19:33

On 2011-10-13 01:59:05, FMW300i wrote:
I know spy pics never do justice to the actual phone, but whatever that is, it looks very un-SE. Too block-ish and not following design.

T610 T650 K600 ...
i really really hope that they are finally introducing some swedish design again
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-10-14 02:20
Though it looks nothing like design, I'm all for new/different styling, as I think the 2 designs recycled over and over for 2011 was starting to get a little boring: Arc/Neo/Pro/Play & Ray/Mini/Mini Pro/Live/Mix/Txt. [Active looks like Samsung or LG designed it.]
Anyway, I'm sure this 'W23' will look great in official pics....
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 293294295 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic