Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 286287288 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 19:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well as they are possibly planning the new Nozomi phone aswell as others so maybe not.
Phone?? What phone??
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 19:59
I've made this point before, but I believe the majority of people who own SE handsets do not realise it's a joint venture but rather just that ericsson is the sub brand of sony that produce mobiles, like vaio, handy cam etc. becuase everyone knows sony, but ericsson obviously isn't as well known.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 19:59
the sources seem legit (buisnessweek,reuters...), we can only hope that ericsson is resurrecting fast
it really makes sense for sony to rethink their joint-venture
10 years - and it didn't work out - time to stop it
sony has proven that they make better android hardware

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:14
Past 2 days I have kept trying the Sony Ericsson shop website but it always seems down Hope that's not a sign
Phone?? What phone??
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:14
Well atleast where I live, people do know that sony ericsson is sony ericsson and not sony's ericsson. Sony on their own were struggling with their mobile business, and ericsson was doing good until they had that incident creating shortages of their supplies..

All in all, I am sure if this was supposed to happen, then it would a week ago.. Otherwise, it would just be a big bad surprise, just like todays news.. R.I.P Steve Jobs ..

@Bonovox,

Their site does load here, try this link, maybe it will work for you too..
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/cws/home?cc=gb&lc=en
[ This Message was edited by: djin on 2011-10-06 19:16 ]
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:15
Yeah sony tablets are not technologically ahead of competition but everyone who reviewed them,talked about how great the user experience is,and how well integrated sony services are.To my understanding,those two tablets are just a warm-up,for things to come.If sony does one thing right,is upgrading their products with their next iterations.Also,dont forget how amazing vaio laptops are,how amazing cybershots/handycams are,how amazing bravia tvs are.Sony wants to merge all of their hardware to create one strong body,just like apple and samsung have done.If that is achieved,then sony has a high possibility of leading in the future.

Moreover,Sony Ericsson has always been,more Sony than Ericsson.Especially the previous 4 years,Ericsson was completely absent,when it came to bringing technologies into the company.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:17

On 2011-10-06 20:14:39, djin wrote:
Well atleast where I live, people do know that sony ericsson is sony ericsson and not sony's ericsson. Sony on their own were struggling with their mobile business, and ericsson was doing good until they had that incident creating shortages of their supplies..

All in all, I am sure if this was supposed to happen, then it would a week ago.. Otherwise, it would just be a big bad surprise, just like todays news.. R.I.P Steve Jobs ..

@Bonovox,

Their site does load here, try this link, maybe it will work for you too..
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/cws/home?cc=gb&lc=en
[ This Message was edited by: djin on 2011-10-06 19:16 ]

Oh thanks. I have that bookmarked but I also had bookmarked http://www.se-store.co.uk but it just says not found anymore. As for Sony Ericsson,Ericsson still to my eyes have massive influence on the Xperia designs. I can just see the Ericsson design in them all reminding me of old Ericsson phones a little
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-06 19:19 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:18
@jack00

Such rumours are easily picked up by reputable publications even if they may be complete fabrication. It is the original source that is in question here, ie, those who are said to be close to the story.

@adsada

Who exactly are those 'majority of the people' who don't know Ericsson? Ericsson was the successful cellphone manufacturer between the two parents and was clearly better known as a cellphone company than Sony the cellphone manufacturer.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:19
@nikos_se,
I agree and disagree, Everyone who has used the arc, would compliment it for its responsiveness, good looks and design and even its ui, just like the tablet S. But its not as big a hit as samsung s 2, becasue its not technologically advanced, just like tablet s. To be fair the S is still in ok because tegra 3 isnt out yet, but within a month or 2 it will be out, so that's the problem here with the S.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:20

On 2011-10-06 20:18:49, Dups! wrote:
@jack00

Such rumours are easily picked up by reputable publications even if they may be complete fabrication. It is the original source that is in question here, ie, those who are said to be close to the story.

@adsada

Who exactly are those 'majority of the people' who don't know Ericsson? Ericsson was the successful cellphone manufacturer between the two parents and was clearly better known as a cellphone company than Sony the cellphone manufacturer.

I think he means the general public these days may not know much about Ericsson not people on here.
Phone?? What phone??
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:23
@Bonovox,

Yeah the se store link doesnt work for me either, but you can buy from within the same site..
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:24
Ok cool
Phone?? What phone??
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:39
If a buyout does happen,all the prototypes that se has for 2012,may just get rebranded.The same thing that happened with ericsson portfolio,when the JV was created.Afterall,xperia is a really strong brand,especially in Japan,where xperia handsets are the top selling smartphones.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:41
No doubt they will be forced to make some sort of statement if the rumours are being reported so widely by the WSJ etc.

Rumours were flying around in the weeks before the 10th birthday, may be this new crop of rumours stems from there.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 20:44

On 2011-10-06 20:18:49, Dups! wrote:
@jack00

this clearly doesn't matter
if sites like buisnessweek reuters wsj are reporting something like this, it makes an impact on investors analysts ...
...money makes decisions
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 286287288 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic