Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 263264265 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 00:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony will never die, not sure about though. Everyone at work has a Vaio plus, people can never turn away from Sony once they have experienced the quality. Some HTC and Samsung announcements tomorrow, maybe HTC with Beats (I've been waiting for a Walkman for ever and it seems like HTC listened instead) or some Windows Mobile devices. An Xperia X3 would have been nice, Microsoft looks after its own software so only needs to worry about the hardware even if it doesn't have the top specs. Nice design and decent camera are lacking from the current Windows phones, so why not give it a go?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 03:00
I think it's quite obvious that SE is moving closer to Sony than ever, especially looking at the new Sony reader and the inclusion of Android in upcoming devices.
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 04:24
Considering Nozomi is meant to be out soon, surely there will be an announcement soon (unless the Arc S is Nozomi and the 4.3" 720p screen has been false)

Also, the Walkman UI on that player is far superior to the Music Player on these Xperia devices. I do wonder if Sony took control of Sony Ericsson, would they have a more consistent UI experience?

I have wondered, with more Sony technologies appearing on SE devices, and SE devices appearing at Sony conferences, are they are slowly integrating them back into the company, and preparing to drop Ericsson?

Interesting times ahead.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-01 08:32
I think Sony can see what most in the tech industry can see, which is that in 5 years or less mobile computing, mobile entertainment and mobile phones are going to converge. In this situation Sony will start to have a massive conflict of interests, where when SE formed mobile phones were not interfering with Sony's other business now there are overlaps all over the place and Sony are having to hold SE back to save their own interests, prime examples are Xperia Play getting lower than expected specs in favour of the PSP, the lack of an all killer walkman and the refusal to let SE develop tablets.

The natural progression is for Sony to either sell their part of SE to Ericsson (or a third party), SE drop Sony from it's name and to go back to producing it's own handsets OR for Sony to buy Ericsson's share (or buy Ericsson) and bring it under the big umbrella.

The problem is Sony can't afford to out of the mobile market completely (as I believe in coming years the mobile device market will be about 5 times bigger than it is today), they probably aren't set up to go into their own phone manufacture immediately (so can't sell their SE share and get on with it imminently) and SE is a mess (so why buy Ericsson's part).

I think of these options actually the best option is to let SE die and during it's (maybe not so) long and drawn out death prepare to go it alone in mobile phones and hybrid devices. I think SE can see its end, it's got a maximum shelf life of a few years even if it started producing killer handsets and taking back market share. Sony and Sony Ericsson simply cannot both fulfil as much of the market as they want without being in each others' way. It was different when SE formed mobiles were mobiles, they didn't even have cameras, they were telephones without a curly cable, nowadays they're media devices, computers, cameras and sat-navs, everything Sony should have as their own and didn't think SE would take from them.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2011-09-01 15:12 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 09:34
@RickyD

I like your analysis except I think that either Sony or Ericsson WILL NOT make it on their own should they let SE die. The sad part is that Samsung and Apple are already so entrenched in this market that they are practically 'stealing' customers from everybody. Then there's HTC who are doing very well and look set to be part of the big three.

Now, how long will it take for Sony to get back in the game alone when you consider that Sony itself is bleeding badly. I have a feeling Ericsson will not get back in there on their own since the mobile division makes up around 10 percent of their business. They can leave off their patents while carrying on with business as usual.

Let's face it, Motorola are doomed already, LG is following in the same footsteps and SE is on the edge of that very same cliff. Nokia is a mystery at this stage but are not far behind SE and Blackberry are just behind Nokia.

The are only three manufacturers in it at this stage, ie, Samsung, Apple and HTC.

I like SE before any of them and should they die then Blackberry it is but should they also fail then there is only one choice for me and that is sadly Apple even though I'm uncomfortable with their way of doing things.

The two parents have no shot in hell if they go their separate ways! Sony needs to get off their high horse and let SE compete with all it has. There are positives to be gained from that in the long term.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 10:49
Ricky D is absolutely correct.

Sony Ericsson phones reach to Sony's cameras, MP3 players, tablets etc.

If Sony Ericsson release a dual core phone, it will be as powerful or more powerful then the Sony tablets.

Excellent camera demeans the Cybershot line.

Excellent music player demeans the Walkman line (especially now with Android being used).

Currently there is a massive juggling act, and it can really make them look worse for wear. The thing is though, these problems are not Sony specific. Samsung have obviously done a good job with the same constraints, and with the amount of Japanese phones with stunning cameras, it's pretty clear that Sony migth be playing this game a bit conservatively.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 15:25
Referred to massive juggling act above, suddenly after read it I wonder why Apple did successfully business with they own Apple A4 platform application on iPod touch 4 iPhone 4 and iPad.

Did I understand correctly please give me some idea on it?
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 15:47

On 2011-09-01 04:24:00, Platia1 wrote:
Considering Nozomi is meant to be out soon, surely there will be an announcement soon

Who said nozomi is meant to be out soon?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-01 16:57
@Dups!

Actually I think Sony have the potential to take on Apple & Co at the top of the mobile ladder. Only Apple, Samsung and Sony have the back infrastructure to offer full convergence devices and interactivity with other electronics around the home. HTC don't make PCs, laptops, TVs, PMPs, games consoles etc. Sony do, Apple have laptops and Apple TV set-top boxes too, Samsung have a sexy line of laptops out. Sony could be top 3, SE will drop out of the running sooner or later.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 19:30
I know dual core does not mean a lot but the thing is, to win the customers, SE needs to be with the trend. It's about business. I really don't think samsung and HTC deserve where they have understood what sells the most in the market and what people are looking for. They win the customers who want powerful hardware specs but the customers who do not understand feel this powerful hardware makes the phone on top notch. If you ask them what is dual core the don't know but they do know dual core is advance compared to single core which is true. It's just about getting the right product to the market at the right time. Nobody of us really want 3D on mobile as it's still not the right time, but we all know 3D phones are the future and is going to be brilliant ahead once it takes its place.

I feel SE is doing a great job right now with sticking to android and it's own unique market of Walkman and Xperia series but they also need to look at the hardware specs which wins numerous amount of customers, thus getting them into profits and coming with even more powerful and amazing devices.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 19:40

On 2011-09-01 19:30:34, Indiandawg wrote:
I know dual core does not mean a lot but the thing is, to win the customers, SE needs to be with the trend. It's about business. I really don't think samsung and HTC deserve where they have understood what sells the most in the market and what people are looking for. They win the customers who want powerful hardware specs but the customers who do not understand feel this powerful hardware makes the phone on top notch. If you ask them what is dual core the don't know but they do know dual core is advance compared to single core which is true. It's just about getting the right product to the market at the right time. Nobody of us really want 3D on mobile as it's still not the right time, but we all know 3D phones are the future and is going to be brilliant ahead once it takes its place.

I feel SE is doing a great job right now with sticking to android and it's own unique market of Walkman and Xperia series but they also need to look at the hardware specs which wins numerous amount of customers, thus getting them into profits and coming with even more powerful and amazing devices.

I don't know if I agree, I would say originally smartphones were a small market for business like people who required a PDA like device, with the majority having similar dumbphones. Now the market has changed and so almost everyone now wants a phone with a touchscreen, and because all most all market sectors provide this, you can get really basic touch screen phone, or a really expensive powerful one. Alot of the market don't need power, the most they use is facebook. iPhones are popular because they have become a designer product. It's fashionable to have one. I do agree SE need to get with the game and produce and dual core phone, but I believe this is still covers a small market who want such a feature, or find it necessary to spend a great amount of money for it.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 21:33
Nothing really that impressive from the competition. In terms of phones that is. HTC Titan is ok, but sucky resolution and os. Imagine it with android!
Tablets are pretty sweet. Would have been nice to see a sonyericsson one. Toshiba it is
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 21:44
Ooh and i just realised something about the rumoured hd display(720p) phones coming up. Considering they will be running android ice-cream sandwich, which is to unify phones and tablets. Kinda makes sense right?
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-09-01 23:23

On 2011-09-01 15:47:28, rog wrote:

On 2011-09-01 04:24:00, Platia1 wrote:
Considering Nozomi is meant to be out soon, surely there will be an announcement soon

Who said nozomi is meant to be out soon?

Leaks of Japanese release schedule's for NTT DoCoMo suggested it would be out at the end of this month (which seemed a little early but the general idea it will be in the next batch of NTT DoCoMo handsets seems fairly accurate)

Perhaps they are false. Makes for a fairly disappointing rest of year if true however.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2011-09-02 01:05
Samsung has neutered all competitors at IFA in Berlin!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 263264265 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic