Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 152153154 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Will probably be announced next time around.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 21:42

On 2011-02-14 20:47:07, goldenface wrote:
Will probably be announced next time around.

After Couple of Months??
any specific Quarter
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 22:14
@smclion102

Not sure. I'm guessing there would be a summer announcement so not this quarter or the next. I'd say June at the latest going by previous year but, who knows.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2011-02-14 21:16 ]
Gok
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 22:23

You go SE - arc's in my hand in a couple of weeks!

that fast? Where are you located? Isnt Arc scheduled for April? I Assume its late April? But I hope its early April or even better March.
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 22:25
so far i think sonyericsson's stuff at the mwc is some of the best. the galaxy s II doesn't even have an hdmi port does it? and its pretty boring looking. lg's stuff looks like it was cut from stone. motorola...blah. so for me, the arc is looking nice right now.
where's htc by the way?
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 22:26
the more you fanboys encourage that done a good job the worse it will be for you in the long run. by encouraging this line-up as "great" or "perfect" will mean will feel comfortable and make sales based on fan loyalty alone. the more you holla and piss at them the more they'll be pushed to break into the next frontier. so dont be afraid to show some disappointment guys, no need to show this brave face.....

its good to show some disappointment, will kick into high gear hopefully for the next round
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 23:03
do you have any idea on a more precise release date? by saying March i have a feeling they mean 30th March
amardeep
Sony Xperia SX
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 23:06
I was hoping to see the mini successor too, it might have been my first Android phone, dependent on pricing. I want something small-ish that is easily pocketable, not too expensive, but with a 480x320 screen so that it will run Android apps reasonably well. A 3"-ish screen sounds about right for me. I had a look at the pictures of the supposed new Mini Pro and have just about convinced myself that it is smaller than the new Pro, not some early prototype of it (using the SE logo and Xperia branding on the back for scale). So I guess there is, or was a new mini in the works, but it doesn't sound like there's an obvious event coming up when it would be unveiled ? I hope it's not cancelled, but in any case it'll probably be too late for my purchase plans.

All the angst about the Arc is amusing ! Perhaps viewing it as a mid-to-high end device, not an ultra high-end bleeding-edge device will cheer people up. There's nothing wrong with that, though obviously it would need to be priced just a little below the real bleeding-edge stuff (or rely on design and camera quality to stand out). Still, it's not the kind of device I'm shopping for, so maybe I shouldn't stick my oar in !

One thing I am mystified about is all these calls for 16MP cameras on a phone, my high-end compact camera has 10MP (and a decent lens). 10MP is more than enough for me, especially as I mostly look at the pictures on a 1600x1200 pixel screen. I would happily accept fewer MP on a phone with it's limited lens.
[ This Message was edited by: amardeep on 2011-02-14 22:15 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 23:27

On 2011-02-14 22:26:58, zub wrote:
the more you fanboys encourage that done a good job the worse it will be for you in the long run. by encouraging this line-up as "great" or "perfect" will mean will feel comfortable and make sales based on fan loyalty alone. the more you holla and piss at them the more they'll be pushed to break into the next frontier. so dont be afraid to show some disappointment guys, no need to show this brave face.....

its good to show some disappointment, will kick into high gear hopefully for the next round

you do realise that there our people outside this forum that buy phones as well...

you say people are deluded, why? What you want will be different to what some one else wants. Doesn't make them deluded.

I think we can all see that is slightly behind, if you go by processors alone. But is it really that big a deal? For some, maybe, for others, not! At the end of the day, looks play a major part (more so than the internal hardware, I worked in sales for a number of years so know full well what sells more), and the Arc in particular, will sell well because of that.
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 00:54
hey im sure the tech in the xperia range is more than enough to "do the job" on their respective platforms but what really gets me is slowness into the market. i mean come on, lets look at this properly. these are down right 2010 specs, why is it taking so long to release phones with this type of hardware? its been around for ages. just look at the desire HD.

i just think it is unacceptable for a company to try and compete in such a market to be so late to the game. these phones should've been released in Jan latest IMO, then they would've been "perfect". but dont worry im not arguing the fact that they wont be able to run smooth or do what they're meant to do, its just...... why..... why so late???

look at LG, announcement then soon release in Jan/Feb with new tech, look at samsung announce then release same month (promised) with new tech AND GINGERBREAD.

what has learned from last years debacle? only thing in my eyes and the only thing is that they are releasing with the latest firmware, i say latest but 2.3.3 is coming out, so again their lateness is hampering them. what was stopping them from releasing earlier? the hardware? please, it was around for ages, the software? please gingerbread was out for a while. so why? why dont you ask these questions from rather than praising their sub-par performance?

this is the time when the fanbase should be collating and asking serious questions, so they can properly improve on the next time. not this this happy go lucky bull crap all is good perfect phones best in class shit, come on guys.

dont you fanboys want to ask the same question? i just dont get it. maybe its just me that feels this way....
[ This Message was edited by: zub on 2011-02-15 00:11 ]
Michalis3
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 01:00
Reduce the screen size of Neo to 3,2-3,3 inches, replace the glossy finish with a matte plastic, like the Vivaz Pro and I'm sold.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 02:33
@zub

I don't think themselves are claiming to be the best or able to compete with the big boys in the the super high end bracket, thats not what they are about at the moment. They have premium design and some will argue that the experience is what you pay for. The Arc will do well simply because it has a lovely screen and nice design, people will pay for that. I'm a HTC man and I love its functionality but its bland in comparison to offerings. Apple have been doing this forever and it works, iPhone 4 sold a ton even though you knew it had that antenna issue like, 'WTF £700 phone with crap reception!'. You're correct about slowness to the market but, there is something there that makes people wait for the phone even if it is late. You could call it stupidity or fanboyism but, has that 'flava'. I don't think you can argue against that no matter how crap the phone is because people will buy it (unless its like the X2).
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 02:56

dont you fanboys want to ask the same question? i just dont get it. maybe its just me that feels this way....

i know what u mean...a part of me was wishing that something fantastic would be coming from this year...and from the consumer's point of view, i guess that is the xperia play! i mean, they must have been working on that for a while now and its something that noone else has or can do....one thing i also realised was that even google and samsung didn't exactly come out with the best phone for 2011 with the nexus s. in my opinion, that phone has 2010 specs as well, with only NFC added on. its what google thinks the specs of a phone should be with the right software to make a great experience overall. my hatred for touchwiz aside, i'm sure the galaxy 2 will sell in great numbers cos everyone thinks it is top of the line in everything, but i don't think there is anything that is outstanding in it.

@indiandawg
in response to your previous question, i honestly didn't like samsung's touchwiz interface. it felt like a child's toy and the usability just didn't feel as good as others. HTC's sense is great and was using that for a long time. But just like all things, I got bored of it and wanted to change to something different. Along came X10 with the UXP and it was great because as slow as it was at times, i thought it was a really good interface to use alongside android. Wasn't plain and boring like iphones.

Edit: totally agree with badassmam
[ This Message was edited by: winnerzero on 2011-02-15 01:57 ]
echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-02-15 03:21

On 2011-02-15 00:54:27, zub wrote:
hey im sure the tech in the xperia range is more than enough to "do the job" on their respective platforms but what really gets me is slowness into the market. i mean come on, lets look at this properly. these are down right 2010 specs, why is it taking so long to release phones with this type of hardware? its been around for ages. just look at the desire HD.

i just think it is unacceptable for a company to try and compete in such a market to be so late to the game. these phones should've been released in Jan latest IMO, then they would've been "perfect". but dont worry im not arguing the fact that they wont be able to run smooth or do what they're meant to do, its just...... why..... why so late???

look at LG, announcement then soon release in Jan/Feb with new tech, look at samsung announce then release same month (promised) with new tech AND GINGERBREAD.

what has learned from last years debacle? only thing in my eyes and the only thing is that they are releasing with the latest firmware, i say latest but 2.3.3 is coming out, so again their lateness is hampering them. what was stopping them from releasing earlier? the hardware? please, it was around for ages, the software? please gingerbread was out for a while. so why? why dont you ask these questions from rather than praising their sub-par performance?

this is the time when the fanbase should be collating and asking serious questions, so they can properly improve on the next time. not this this happy go lucky bull crap all is good perfect phones best in class shit, come on guys.

due to how the company cant please you people. all you need to do is move and and stop complaining. im sure if they wanted to make the lastest this or that they will. if you dont like what you get MOVE ON and stop complaining. its so annoying to see these comments GOSH
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
HYPER-X10
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-15 03:41

On 2011-02-14 20:29:49, zub wrote:
deluded.... totally deluded people here....

And loving it
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 152153154 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic