Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 149150151 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-02-13 21:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So when can we expect the minis?
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-02-13 21:38

DK300
The multimedia dock for the Xperia Play. For charging and listening to music.
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-13 21:48
actually those phones are okay
if providers are pricing them right(means - just alittle under the new competition) and if they get released in march, then i see some good sales for sony ericsson. the intelligent thing about these four devices, is that they seem to have the same hardware. so sony ericsson is actually reaching into 4 different niches without putting out a lot of money for the development.
but i am still more excited about the minis. the first mini series was a surprisingly good success for sony ericsson, and the second seems to continue the recipe. hp tries to follow with the veer and even apple seems to have realized that they are missing out on something. so thumbs up for the minis and the faster release dates.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-02-13 22:37
Video: Watch the Xperia Play press conference, relive the surprise!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/13/xperia-play-press-conference/
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-02-13 23:44
These devices are all good, there is something for everyone. The Xperia Pro is a nice device but I think the Neo is best overall. It has no drawbacks if you think carefully. Play is a niche product and needs strong games. Namco are on board so lets wait and see. Last year the X10 carried in terms of sale, you can see a more cautious approach this time. Yes the Arc is more expensive but at least the others are healthy and are guaranteed to sell if things get hairy. I see no reason to be disappointed.

With regards to insider info, you guys are all intelligent and you know that every company will be testing the latest tech. Yes there is a dual core and probably 16MP sensors available but why would they implement that now? LG are being very bold with the 3d device but its unlikely to see LG top of the sales chart. Dual core is a natural progression so it is being made and will come for sure. 16MP camera and pico projectors will not have people camping outside shops like iPhone launch days. They could make it but it would do nothing for them.

Its so easy to slip back into financial loss, you can't just pull out hyper spec devices because they could really hurt by the end of the year. A dual core Arc would be better than most devices but its not necessary. Trust me on one thing if anything, will improve on their sales and profit this year because of these more 'conservative' devices.

Think of the iPhone as a benchmark since its a cash cow. Most iPhone reiterations are similar, only certain aspects are improved but nothing revolutionary or ground breaking. Now, they may have to do a bit more because the OS is really looking dated and Android is strong. iPhone 5 won't have 16MP camera, dual core, 3d etc. It may have one of those things but not all.

Todays announcement shows that do have good hardware and nice ideas however, they don't want to mix with those super high ends because they don't need to yet. Devices like Neo have to be spot on for success, even will confess to you that the Play and Arc are not as important.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 00:03
i agree with you expect for the last point - i believe it is the xperia play that will provide them with high end of year results. they clearly want to hit the us market and have chosen the play to do so (super bowl ad). this is the one device in their portfolio that stands out from the crowd in terms of android smartphones, and could easily be a big hit if marketed right with good games.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 00:18
The Arc 8 MP camera with Exmor is shit... horrible picture quality, and wtf.. all models.. NEO, PRO, ARC have the same image sensor.. with same bad quality photos?!. If you compare Aino and Arc pictures.. Aino will be 10class over Arc, Neo, Pro in term of camera picture quality. The question is how true is the afirmation: "Ready for some hard facts? Try 8.1 megapixels. Or maximum aperture of f/2.4 (in short, this means that more light reaches the image sensor). Your Xperia™ arc has the camera muscles you need to get great shots" . In my opinion low light shots are awfull even daylight shots are extremely bad pictures full of noise and artefacts all over the picture.. so what's the point with Exmor R back illuminated senzor.. bla bla if pictures even in daylight conditions looks horrible?? much horryble than AIno or C905..

Even the Lg optimus 2x have much better camera and take much better pictures than XPeria Arc and family(Neo, Pro, Play) so where is that spark who was present in each product?! Much probably that spark had died long time ago.

Shame . I'm a fan but srsly.. true fans see this new xperia family an obsolete family with new clothes only.
Bravia engine... wtf..(we people aren't so stupid) where is OLED screen?? where is Gorrila Glass?, Bluetooth 3, Where is 8MP camera that takes decent pictures not that shitty pictures ARC takes.. Where is a single Droid with xenon not with that painful twinkle led flash..

I am extremly extremly dissapointed..

2008 fail for
2009 fail for
2010 dai for
2011... propably fail for
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 00:22
Will there be games specifically developed for the Play and not just that playstation suite which frankly speaking is just an emulator. It's very dissapointing to play/see the games not occupying the whole screen..

Also, were there ever a time when SE had two events in MWC?
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2011-02-13 23:26 ]
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 00:29
People.. you want to play games.. go buy playstation 3 and will save the money... becouse xperia play will be more expensive that PS3.. or you can buy the next NGP for sony.. not an xperia play with Adreno 205 GPU... and.. awufll portated games.. Maybe I'm wrong and for future I wish to be wrong..
oliver972
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 01:05
hello all,

Can you expect news for mini successor on the rest on mwc ???

regards all
echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-02-14 02:09
well dont know about you other fans of all the phones i had the t230 was the worst i have had t68i k310 k750 w810 and p1i. im more than positive that my next phone will be xperia pro...i dont like the design. im not a fan of curves but who cares atm i found an upgrade to my very old genuine p1i...
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 03:21

On 2011-02-14 00:18:16, koss wrote:
The Arc 8 MP camera with Exmor is shit... horrible picture quality, and wtf.. all models.. NEO, PRO, ARC have the same image sensor.. with same bad quality photos?!. If you compare Aino and Arc pictures.. Aino will be 10class over Arc, Neo, Pro in term of camera picture quality. The question is how true is the afirmation: "Ready for some hard facts? Try 8.1 megapixels. Or maximum aperture of f/2.4 (in short, this means that more light reaches the image sensor). Your Xperia™ arc has the camera muscles you need to get great shots" . In my opinion low light shots are awfull even daylight shots are extremely bad pictures full of noise and artefacts all over the picture.. so what's the point with Exmor R back illuminated senzor.. bla bla if pictures even in daylight conditions looks horrible?? much horryble than AIno or C905..

Even the Lg optimus 2x have much better camera and take much better pictures than XPeria Arc and family(Neo, Pro, Play) so where is that spark who was present in each product?! Much probably that spark had died long time ago.

Shame . I'm a fan but srsly.. true fans see this new xperia family an obsolete family with new clothes only.
Bravia engine... wtf..(we people aren't so stupid) where is OLED screen?? where is Gorrila Glass?, Bluetooth 3, Where is 8MP camera that takes decent pictures not that shitty pictures ARC takes.. Where is a single Droid with xenon not with that painful twinkle led flash..

I am extremly extremly dissapointed..

2008 fail for
2009 fail for
2010 dai for
2011... propably fail for

On 2011-02-14 00:29:18, koss wrote:
People.. you want to play games.. go buy playstation 3 and will save the money... becouse xperia play will be more expensive that PS3.. or you can buy the next NGP for sony.. not an xperia play with Adreno 205 GPU... and.. awufll portated games.. Maybe I'm wrong and for future I wish to be wrong..

finally. its good to see that at least one fan has the balls to speak the truth and realise it.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 04:09
@zub
so you, and some others, may think SE is behind the game. So what? Do we need you to post about it 2341 times? No, didnt think so. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But theres no need to post it more than once really.

All this is subjective of course. What's good for one may be cra* for another. If thats the case, then so be it.

I think everyone knows SE is a little behind the ball at the moment. Personally, I dont really care. Dual core doesnt give me any advantages. I dont need 1080 video, or better gaming. And the stuff about improved battery life, hrrmmm, thats been said plenty of times before, and imho I dont think it will improve much, if any at all. For that to happen we need some fresh new tech in batteries!

edit: The platform for dual cores is still not mature (obviously) In terms of software, apps etc.
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-02-14 03:36 ]
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 04:15
good show by SE. Xperia Arc and Play will be huge hit..

Arc for the design, and best camera module we've ever seen in Android based smartphone. The low light picture is very nice which is very useful for phone based camera (thanks to the exmor R sensor).

Play, will be good for games and will distinguished themselves from other Android-based smartphones.

in general, SE has managed be different. It ain't the same Android as others.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2011-02-14 03:51 ]
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 04:21
- sorry repeated post -
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2011-02-14 03:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 149150151 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic