Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia is the more green company of 2010

Author Nokia is the more green company of 2010
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-27 02:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nokia stays in 1st place with the same score of 7.5. Overall, Nokia does best on the toxic chemicals criteria, followed by energy, and does least well on e-waste issues. Nokia scores very well on toxic chemical issues; all its new models have been free of PVC since the end of 2005, and all new models of mobile phones and accessories launched in 2010 are on track to be free of brominated compounds, chlorinated flame retardants and antimony trioxide, therefore achieving its goal to phase out these substances. However, despite Nokia's support for further restrictions for chlorinated and brominated substances in legislation, it fails to score for its position on the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances in electronics) Directive, as it does not openly support restrictions on at least PVC vinyl plastic, chlorinated flame retardants (CFRs) and brominated flame retardants (BFRs) in the next 3-5 years i.e. in RoHS 2.0.

http://www.greenpeace.org/int[....]ics/how-the-companies-line-up/
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2010-10-27 04:24 ]
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi