Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio users - what is the status on your phone? are you happy?

Author Satio users - what is the status on your phone? are you happy?
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 03:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm curious to see how other Satio users are feeling about their phones right now, after a few developers have relieved us with some mods like the kokoro and BAM (THANKS SO MUCH), has it made your Satio experience better than before?

Maybe it will be clear with a template, perhaps you can copy the template and we can see how each other is doing and with that knowledge improve our own phones.

Current Firmware:
Hacked?:
Mods:
Satisfaction Rating 1-10:
Satisfaction Rating explanation:
Known Issues:
Final Comment:

As for me

Current Firmware: R1CA---0137

Hacked?: YES

Mods: Original kokoro mod

Satisfaction Rating 1-10: usually 4, sometimes 1

Satisfaction rating explanation: It honestly is difficult for me to like it even when I'm trying very hard to be tolerant, I'm struggling with my phone on a daily basis and I'm often left desiring other phones like the Iphone, Samsung Galaxy S, and Droid.

Known issues:
-Still slow and fritzy user interface (kokoro def. helped but it still gets confused and freezes on itself often. I'm thinking about re-upgrading back to R2K---006 and trying to go with the latest BAM and Kokoro mods)
-I'm getting horrible disruption during calls It is like I'm making calls on 0-1 bars but it's showing full range of bars the rings don't even sound like rings, more like rolls, as if you were rolling your tongue and talking to people is unbearable I just forgo even talking to people now and send texts.
-Back to phone confusion, it's always getting stuck on itself, even unlocking the phone is a hassle and sometimes takes anywhere between 3-7+ seconds to actually go from physically unlocking it to entering the menu screen. Even at that
-Bad audio recording and playback with stuttering videos

Final comment:
I'm going to see whats the best option for me right now but I'm so frustrated with the Satio and SE. I've invested>wasted so much money in this gimmicky machine...
[ This Message was edited by: Monaco on 2010-10-24 06:26 ]
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 05:06
Current Firmware: r2ak006
Hacked?: No. It was, but I guess I have not need to hack it. I just sign the few apps I need to install.
Mods: Tried kokoro 0.4 but something went wrong and the result was some wasted hours. I don't need any of those features anyway.
Satisfaction Rating 1-10: 7
Satisfaction Rating explanation: I like the UI and the overall phone experience. However, there are many things that I would like to have in Satio.
Known Issues: unimpressive battery life, still holds me like 4 days; Lack of 3.5mm; limited camera quality and functions; Almost no personalization in Satio's main desktop; would like to have it with more metal in the casing.
Final Comment: It is a stylish phone, with nice features and overall good performance, however the camera, which is it's main feature, should have been much more refined and many things we're forgotten for the "ultimate camera phone".
[ This Message was edited by: zide on 2010-10-24 19:38 ]
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 18:10
Current Firmware: R1AK006

Hacked?: NO
After back from service centre my software has change accidentally, so I can't hack them

Mods: Original

Satisfaction Rating 1-10: 5

Satisfaction Rating explanation:
+1 -my unit running fine as it expect
+2 -unit stylish design-wise and customizeed UI are way better than original
+2 -I'm satisfied with overall camera performance even it as some flaw but I can live with

Known Issues:
-2 -Symbian OS is not suite me as I expect before buy it especially when Andriod and iOS has build-up good range of apps Symbian can't compete with them and app UI did not attractive enough and it flaw for me
-3 -Worst and horrible supported after sale, Ever you expect will ditch they flagship after 7 months released
[I did not ask for any major upgrade ie HD video even hardware has capability, but I buy this mobile in 2009-10 why I have to use it in 2007-08 skin UI (Nokia 5800 as reference) ]

Final Comment:
my SATIO but it with my saved money and it become worse investment for me, I really did not expect dump out so fast when X10 has good reception.
treated this group of customers like an idiot, get some cash and leave them behind by seeing it did not worthy investment in Symbian platform.
so I did not have flavor with anymore after bad treated reveals and SATIO employ as secondary after iPhone 3Gs, other thing each of my purchase it should stick with me at least 2 years if I still handle my tolerant

just step back from flavor and now did not flavor with any manufacture, I still have time at least 2 year and half approx. to make next purchase decision.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 18:19
You guys should try android. Seriously. Ive read all your posts, and you all have something in common. You ALL just want a phone that works, and works well. Ive just changed from symbian after nearly tens years using it exclusively. Android is far from perfect right now, but its much better than where symbian is right now. I'm using the galaxy s right now, eclair, and i can honestly say, I love it. Sometimes change is good.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 18:22
You guys should try android. Seriously. Ive read all your posts, and you all have something in common. You ALL just want a phone that works, and works well. Ive just changed from symbian after nearly tens years using it exclusively. Android is far from perfect right now, but its much better than where symbian is right now. I'm using the galaxy s right now, eclair, and i can honestly say, I love it. Sometimes change is good.
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 19:57
my satio is total standard and still love it after almost a year of ownership.
my wife has a x10 mini and the ui is so much smoother and responsive.
i will probably get an android phone when brings out a model with xenon flash.
galaxy note8
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 20:04
Ever since p990i sucks. No one and I mean no one should buy anything other than a bluetooth from them. Every time I look at the Satio I just get upset. I bought one for my buddy and he loves it because he does not go deep into phones. It stinks even up against other phones using the same Symbian software.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Kurdy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-29 10:51
I was a big fan of Sony Ericsson, but Satio will be definitely my last SE phone. Goodbye SE!
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-11-03 17:07
wooohooo.lotsa haters here well i sold my satio due to financial reason(needed something else aka LED tv 8 months ago lol),bought it here from angello on esato and i had it for six months i did not upgrade firmware or anything and the phone was awesome,hi res vids played very smooth and cam was good enough that i did not use my point and shoot digicam for those six months!

I'm not an se fanboy or hater i'm just saying honestly my experience with satio.Only thing I did not like was that the cam sticks out a bit i prefer a flat phone so that it doesnt catch on your pocket etc.
oh and another thing I didnt like was the almost non existence of apps for it a real mission to get the apps I was looking for.
[ This Message was edited by: Falcon786 on 2010-11-03 16:09 ]
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-04 09:58
its easy to find apps..for me over 2500 apps and games.
google is your friend - and use 'strings' of coding it will help you
| history 5110, 8210, 3310, P900/10,8250, 5210, 1100, 3220, GA628,T105,w810,K550, K610,W880,W910,P1,G900,C905, Satio, x10 mini, arc, XS, XZ, XZ3, XZ5P,XA2U
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-11-04 18:35
string? dont understand sorry please give an example
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-04 22:47

On 2010-11-04 09:58:16, DarkKrypt wrote:
its easy to find apps..for me over 2500 apps and games.
google is your friend - and use 'strings' of coding it will help you

All of those hand-me-down Nokia apps are of poor quality and inefficient.
Sator1973
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-05 01:05
Current firmware: r2ak006
Hacked: yes
Satisfaction Rating: 4
Satisfaction Rating explanation: see issues
Known Issues: buggy mediaplayer (clicks now and then, volume way too low), bad GPS connection, camera would probably be better of with about 6mp, quality not good enough for large prints anyway (and SE, please stop this megapixel race, aggressive noise reduction and compression), slow interface.
Final Comment: Maybe mine was a bad copy (too). With hacking and installing KokoroMod and BAM there were some improvements. Last friday my X10 arrived, and ...... without rooting and/or modding, and still on 1.6, itīs a huge improvement compared to Satio. GPS works like a charm, mediaplayer is much louder with better dynamics (Iīm now using Astro, WITH equaliser), android interface is great (after some getting used to, didnīt need a manual), homescreen is like a real desktop.
I wasnīt going to get X10 because: too expensive and not trusting SE anymore. But somehow (they must have made a mistake) I could get it for 9 euros renewing my contract! Thatīs 279 euros in one year for a 200 min/month +unlimited internet contract , X10 included. You can imagine I couldnīt resist. My Satio is now back in its box. Damn you SE, you got me again.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
mikely_28
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-11 22:58
Satio is a big failure for SE. After they stopped working on new FW I sold my satio and I've bought...... YES!!! X10!!!!
After a month of using this phone I think that this is not SE phone!!! No crashing, no lagging, fine camera, great GPS and WiFi receivers.

Satio have got great potential, but SE failed with FW. That's my opinion.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi