Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Some questions about the iPhone 4

Author Some questions about the iPhone 4
piroga
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-10-19 11:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello fellas, im glad i found this forum "again", i was a member here a couple a years ago when SonyEricsson T300 was a brand new phone , In 2007 i bought an iPhone 2 from the states, it was never sold in Sweden.

Couple a days ago i ordered a brand new iPhone 4 and i have some questions regarding the features that already exists on iPhone 2.

* Is there any improvement regarding iPod function. Is there any new features, has the sound quality improved? Speaker/headphone wise.

* How much better is the retina screen than the iPhone's 2 screen, iPhones 2g screen is still according to me by far better than any sony ericsson or nokia screen.

* Is there a manual equalizer on the phone.

* How is the camera in real life comparing to Apples presentation.

whentheleveebreaks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-19 12:19

On 2010-10-19 11:40:32, piroga wrote:
Hello fellas, im glad i found this forum "again", i was a member here a couple a years ago when SonyEricsson T300 was a brand new phone , In 2007 i bought an iPhone 2 from the states, it was never sold in Sweden.

Couple a days ago i ordered a brand new iPhone 4 and i have some questions regarding the features that already exists on iPhone 2.

* Is there any improvement regarding iPod function. Is there any new features, has the sound quality improved? Speaker/headphone wise.

* How much better is the retina screen than the iPhone's 2 screen, iPhones 2g screen is still according to me by far better than any sony ericsson or nokia screen.

the ipod is pretty much exactly the same but with the genius thing built in.

the retina screen cannot be compared to the original, or any other screen out there at the moment. is awesome.

no manual equaliser

the camera is excellent, pretty much as they described it in the presentation, except in low light levels.
Posted from an iPhone
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-19 12:55

On 2010-10-19 11:40:32, piroga wrote:

No difference in iPod Music function.

Retina display is sharper... although if you didn't know they had a new display, the jump isn't as big as you'd expect. Knowing that they introduced a Retina display makes it psychologically sharper even if the perceived improvement is minimal. Most people uninformed of the new screen rarely notice any difference unless it's pointed out. I like it a lot... and I think Apple was very smart investing in this tech over any other tech. The most common comment on the screen by regular users I talk to is "It's brighter"

No manual equalizer, predefined as before

Camera is better in low light... although introduces a lot of gain noise... at least it CAN pump up the gain significantly.

The antenna problem is spotty... I know a lot of people that experience it... and I can replicate it as well... but depending on how long you stay on the phone you may not even notice it.
piroga
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-10-19 17:50
Thanks for all your answers!
And i know the hype about the iP4 is just to much, it isnt that better than for example, Samsung Galaxy S. Or other smartphones, and that Apple presentation with that bald guy talking how revolutionary the FaceTime is, is just hilarious, i could make videocalls with my old SE Z1010.

Biggest reason that i bought the iP4 is that the phone is real nice and it has a decent mp3 player built in. All other features are just bonus.

Thanks again.
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 01:17
For some reason Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone 4 have always been compared with each other and some say one is better and some say the other is. i think both hadsets are great in their own way and it's up to the user to judge which one works best for him
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi