Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC unveils Htc Desire Hd and Htc Desire Z with New Htc Sense and htcsense.com

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author HTC unveils Htc Desire Hd and Htc Desire Z with New Htc Sense and htcsense.com
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-18 03:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-06-01 23:45 ]
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2010-09-18 22:39
Desire Z looks like the shizzle for izzle... HTC are on fire right now and seem to be going in a fantastic direction, good specs and a great user experience that seems to be improving well...

See what they have about when I'm due to change my Desire, but looking forward to seeing how they have done with the Z...
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 15:17
Link text...

Beats everything out there
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 23:54
I like how they have pinched the back of my Wildfire on that new HD Desire

nice phones btw Android is the way to go folks too
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-26 19:55
I like the fact the HTC Desire HD stores all the maps for navigation and rotates the maps to the way your facing giving proper directions.
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-26 22:06
I just watched the video... That mobile will be a success...

If only We could buy it from any carrier over here, that would be my next phone for sure...

Its a shame here we have mostly SE and some Motorolas and Nokias (Think N95...)...

I think carriers should start looking at other brands, like HTC and Samsung, and forget about SE for a while (until they sort out their logistics problem)

Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 09:41
The Desire HD looks awesome Hope the camera is improved from the Desire which was nothing more than average.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-03 01:01
Not long till it's out now
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-20 18:08
The HTC Desire HD is starting to be sold in the UK only it's not the Black as seen in the photo on the first page its the brown colour.

Apparently Black version is coming later to Carphone Warehouse, but when who knows.
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2010-10-20 17:33 ]
Northerner
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 19:31
I have my one from Tmobile. Its amazing and way better than my X10.

I was a bit concerned about the weight but you soon get used to it and it feels solid to hold. The screen and speed are brilliant.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 20:15
I am thinking of one of these soon looks impressive better than the old Desire. But with such a huge screen won't them pixels show up being stretched to such a size?
Phone?? What phone??
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 00:41

[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-06-01 23:45 ]
Northerner
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 01:14

On 2010-10-26 00:41:24, Toney_Ericsson wrote:

On 2010-10-25 19:31:42, Northerner wrote:
I have my one from Tmobile. Its amazing and way better than my X10.

I was a bit concerned about the weight but you soon get used to it and it feels solid to hold. The screen and speed are brilliant.

What colour is yours Black or dark Brown? I was trying to find this out from T-Mobile but they didn't have any in stock in the store here.

I've had a play on a dark brown one and yes certainly is better than my X10 aswell, the screens very good and not stretched or anything. The build quality is very good, it feels quality in your hand. I dont think its heavy either I think it feels well made and solid. Defo will need a screen protector as the screen is glass and not scratch resistant. I know this twin pack of screen protectors fits the screen perfect where other ones dont fit as perfect

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/ht[....]r-sp-p430-twin-pack-p26046.htm

Best price that I have seen is from Phones 4U at £449.99 sim free and Three even has it on Pay & Go at the same price but I think that is locked. Other places have it at much higher price at £460-70 and Carphone Warehouse is just as bad as Expansys at nearly £500 for sim free so best to get it from Phones 4U as its £50 less

All online places are selling the dark brown version as sim free but as yet haven't seen a black one as was advertised like at the top of this post in black. I'm interested to know what colour yours is as what version t-mobile are selling black or dark brown?
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2010-10-25 23:53 ]

Its dark brown but you could say it was black tbh. I don't have a screen protector but I understood it was scratch resistant?!? I would be surprised a device like this would not be, hopes!

The only downside is the online HTC Sence site which doesn't seem to work properly for me, I am hoping its still beta as it could be really good.

The Tmobile one I was sent has no Tmobile branding and I have just updated it now. Again its just an amazing bit of equipment.

Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 01:56

[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-06-01 23:44 ]
Northerner
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 10:30

I can't find out 100% sure if the screen is scratch resistant as there is plenty of yes it is and no it isn'ts on the net and also someone on xda has managed to smash the screen already. I suppose everything is scratch resistant to a certain point but when I had a play on a Desire HD a couple days ago I think I would put a screen protector on to be safe. I thought my X10 was scratch resistant but there is some hair line scratches even with it always being in a Noreve case that completely covers it.

Thanks for confirming the colour what t-mobile are selling. I know what you mean by its almost black, in some light it looks charcoal and in full sun light it looks a dark brown like in this video it looks charcoal with just the camera rim looking brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yKyZmEPjw

I'll probably end up going for the same colour as you as thats all thats available sim free and yeah it looks classy.

Have you played about with the maps yet? Something I'm trying to find out is are the maps completely free or is there some kind of catch where you have to pay for any premium services?

The screen definitely feels different to the X10 and I am sure it must be scratch resistant. I am not surprised someone has already broken the screen as I fear for dropping the phone from any height aluminium body aside it looks to have a rubber seal which should offer some protection.

Also the battery cover does not fit snug up to the body of the phone leaving a hairline gap, it’s only a minor gripe and doesn’t affect the phone or its look.

You have an app called car panel but I am not sure who supplies the map for this, if you don’t use Goggle then there is a “premium service” but I really don’t see the point. The Google Maps and Navigation are also included and I would 100% recommend the latter as I find it very good and it hardly uses any data. Combine it with this:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5467583.htm
and you don’t need a separate sat nav system. I would also recommend getting a car charger!

I am in the process of running in the battery and I can at the moment get nearly 2 days from a single charge and that’s using most of the functions.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi