Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE T715 Inactive USIM On 3 Network

Author SE T715 Inactive USIM On 3 Network
hiddenapple
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-30 07:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i live in aus and i have SE T715. im with 3. on prepaid. when i woke up today it said where the "3" symbol is meant to be "Inactive SIM". called 3 and they said your account isnt barred or anything and everything seems fine on our end. so i turned the phone off and turned it back on and wala it was back to normal again! the sim is only 1 month old! it hasnt said "inactive sim" since! weird..

another thing is i couldnt make phone calls a couple of hours afterwards. the signal bar was on full but the "G" symbol in the top left hand corner disappeared and wasnt replaced with anything. so i turned my phone off and turned it back on and guess what? back to normal!!!... again! it only did it that one time and same with the usim message only once. hasnt played up since! it just seems turning the phone off and turning it back on fixes it.

there are three things that can be causing this 1:the sim card 2:the phone or 3: the network. what do you guys think!?!??
[ This Message was edited by: hiddenapple on 2010-08-30 06:48 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-08-30 14:58
How good is your signal? Also sometimes when signal is weak & your phone is in sleep mode it may drop off the network this can happen also if the network is busy & your phone is not being used hence it becomes inactive which is very annoying. When you turn it off & back on it effectively refreshes the sim on the network. If you are expecting a call or texts this can be annoying. Either that or it is an old or faulty sim. Has this happened using 3G or when switching over to Orange GSM network(roaming)?
Phone?? What phone??
hiddenapple
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-31 00:27
its happening when using 3g. if it is the sim card wouldnt it mean it wouldnt being working at all?!?! and it cant be faulty its only 1 month old.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-08-31 02:03
I very much think its not the sim card. Is your 3G signal strong? If not its probably dropping off 3G and not latching onto GSM this is a problem with 3UK imo. I have also found that using the 3 network Nokia phones get a much better signal than Sony Ericsson. In my area on 3 I can get full 3G signal using any Nokia. Put the sim in a Sony Ericsson its terrible.
Phone?? What phone??
hiddenapple
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-31 02:15
thank you for replying! the signal is weird. by that i mean i stand still in my house and the signal keeps changing by itself. one minute its full strength then its only 1 bar then 3 bars then 4 bars then back to 1 bar then back to full strength again! what do you think of that? is that normal?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi