Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > War to Blackberry

Author War to Blackberry
freezone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-20 06:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
In this days we lesten that phones services of Blackberry are forbidden in EMIRATES ARABIE for security raisons of country, and we lesten that KSA do the discussion with (RIM) for deleted the her securte of the phone Blackberry and others nations has a same problem (india,kuwait, indonesia) , And are you with personnel freedom or security of country?

This message was posted from a Mobile Phone

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com
[ This Message was edited by: freezone on 2010-08-20 14:09 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-20 08:44
Personal freedom, with a strong, observant but benevelent police force.
freezone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-20 15:36
Ok @wedge but How do you doing egalite with personnel freedom and security of country, i think that you must delet 1 choice thats means blackberry in war

--
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-22 03:07
No I believe the more everyone knows about eachother the less likelyhood of war... If government has to restrict free communications then it is usually because they are afraid of internal dissent, not war.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-22 04:13

On 2010-08-22 03:07:39, max_wedge wrote:
No I believe the more everyone knows about eachother the less likelyhood of war... If government has to restrict free communications then it is usually because they are afraid of internal dissent, not war.

Well said my intelligent friend, well said.

This thread does highlight a growing concern. Something almost laughable as these countries CHOSE to do business with RIM knowing FULL well the high pride of security that their BlackBerry business is renowned for. Very odd how in this world and age your KEY strength as a business can become your worst enemy. I'm beginning to wonder - especially since India finally conceded until UAE started up a fuss, their efforts for seeing data transmitted in BB's - if this all has something to do with Google, Microsoft, or even Apple pushing for a level playing field which kills BlackBerry's business.

We'll know if my hunch pans out in the next 3mths should Google/Apple make huge changes to their mobile OS security or offers more features and options that REALLY entice business' in these nations.

With the Internet becoming so prevailent the raw idea & notion of War - or better a World War should no longer be thought or sought after. We are a human race with different cultures and languages which enrich our lives. However, technology and the internet is reducing lower volume spoken languages into either exile or extinction ... and with those languages the cultures (no matter how rare and missunderstood), and most importantly herbal remedies and knowledge of plants that are highly rare in certain parts of the world. But that is for another topic.

I'm sure RIM will survive and they'll maintain their foothold on business markets that require IBM Lotus Domino, or still using Novell Groupwise; but if they don't step up their game the BlackBerry lineup for consumer market may just fade out - regardless of how useful it is and some unique features I still love.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
freezone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-23 22:13
@ So for me i think that deficult to key this prblm ,cos RIM by her product BlackBerry can't break the option of mobile security and it the only that have this option, so what the finaly key ...?

--
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-24 02:22
A difficult question. Ultimately I would hope all governments rule by fair and equitable principles, at which point all people will have no need to agitate for revolution, and government restrictions on secure communications will not be "needed".

Blackberry may need to look at ways of allowing tunneling via user configurable proxies to maintain BES connections in countries that prohibit VPN's. But they are unlikely to do this because there would be sure to be political backlash.

In the meantime, in many countries were protests are often organised in promptu by mobile phone to avoid detection by authorites, I say the Mobile Phone has become a liberator more than a repressor.

Despite the use of mobile phones in terrorists bombs!!

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-24 02:43

On 2010-08-22 04:13:56, Prom1 wrote:
Well said my intelligent friend, well said.

Likewise, my equally intelligent friend

I'm sure RIM will survive and they'll maintain their foothold on business markets that require IBM Lotus Domino, or still using Novell Groupwise; but if they don't step up their game the BlackBerry lineup for consumer market may just fade out - regardless of how useful it is and some unique features I still love.

I'm confident BB will find ways to value add to their platform to maintain appeal for consumer orientated customers, and likely this will be with a diversification of the platform into qwerty business handsets and large screen touch handsets for muiltimedia focussed devices. And a strong blackberry app market will no doubt arise.
freezone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-12-19 02:26
so,i think that they slove this prblm
[ This Message was edited by: freezone on 2010-12-19 01:27 ]
freezone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-11 03:04
but i dnt remeber the solution of this prblm ,someone give me how do they solve this prblm and thnx
[ This Message was edited by: freezone on 2011-01-11 02:07 ]
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-11 03:31

On 2010-08-24 02:22:26, max_wedge wrote:
I say the Mobile Phone has become a liberator more than a repressor.

Despite the use of mobile phones in terrorists bombs!!

Anything can be made into a bomb by an experienced bomb maker. And motorola and nokia have proven that even without explosives, their phones are good to go... Yes I'm being sarcastic.

I do not like that RIM blocked KIK messenger from App World though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi