Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia E72 - a nice choice?

Author Nokia E72 - a nice choice?
vivid white
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-12 09:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi everyone,

A quick run down, I currently have an iPhone 3G which is a company phone and I am in the next week or so leaving that company and moving on. My new job doesnt include a company phone so I will be getting myself a new contract phone.

Looking around at whats available and the E72 has caught my eye, I had the original E71 and loved the device but not sure whether the E72 will truely replace my iPhone.

I have recently found myself getting a bit fed up with the iPhone and really have been using it as a standard phone rather than a multimedia device.

Few quick questions then:

- Are there apps available for E72?
- Does Nokia update the device? (e.g. like the iPhone gets constant updates)

Any other information would be great as well.

Thanks

James
Formerly Known As SEP990i
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-12 10:13
Apps for Symbian are in abundance and Nokia is constantly updating firmwares of their devices. So, it is a good choice.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-08-12 10:38
The E72 is a great choice of phone if you loved the E71 then you will love the E72 even more and there are Tons of great Apps on Nokia's www.ovi.com and yes updates do come through every now and again And the 5MP is camera is just amazing beats some higher MP camera phones quite easily

vivid white
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-12 11:41
Thanks for the replies. It does help when making a decision especially when your going to be stuck with a phone for 18 or 24 months. It's a long time.

Any other feedback would be great, I have read reviews etc on the net but I still like asking the lovely people of Esato.
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-13 01:50
it's a good choice for sure...
lot of apps can be installed on it,
battery life is good, you can watch 3 movies in one day, sync email, minimum txt and call.
still battery last..

Don't be so quick to judge me, you only see what I choose to show you.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-08-13 09:35
I have the E72. I tried it as an alternative to iPhone 3GS.

- The hardware is very good, apart from the weak battery cover which has a very poorly designed lock making the cover come off all the time.

- The keyboard is one of the best I've used on any phone but entering text is frustrating if you enable auto completion and spelling correction. This worked much better on SE's P990i (which also had a better keyboard IMHO) and G700.

- Camera shoots really excellent photos but the camera app is an annoyance since it forgets all settings every time you close it. Video shooting is not so great.

- Sound quality is excellent for music but the music player is very basic.

If you have used an iPhone for listening to music, watching videos or surfing the web then the E72 will take some getting used to for sure...

Nokia does release firmware updates but not very often. The latest update which was released in April, added some new functionality and fixed a few minor bugs but also added a bunch of more serious bugs. Read the thread on this at Nokia's support forums here.

There are apps available for the E72 but not as many as for the iPhone. If you want to see yourself then go to the Ovi store and select the E72 as your mobile using the 'Select your mobile' link in the upper right corner.

I'd recommend the E72 only if you need a pure business device.
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2010-08-13 08:46 ]
jhonson
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-08-13 20:03
Yes I have used E 72 mobile phone and it is a very nice choice. I like it very much and there are so many features I like in this phone. And they are as bellow :

1) It provides SMS, MMS, Emails etc.
2) It uses WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML browsers.
3) You can download the games from the Internet.
4) There are so many colors available like white, Zodium Black, Topaz Brown, Amethyst Purple etc.
GameGeek101
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-13 23:20
Yep,the E72 is a great choice and a smart business phone. Camera quality is gud aswell as full Qwerty keys to asist on mail,great choice
vivid white
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-15 09:36
Thanks for the great replies everyone, i have been out and brought the E72 but its taking me awhile to get use to it. I have a question though and hopefully someone will be able to answer it.

On the iphone when i was contacted to wifi it used the wifi connection for everything automatically until i was out of the wifi signal zone and then it would use my data package.

The E72 seems to use a mix which is getting annoying, when i got to go on the internet it always connects via orange gprs even though im sat right next to the router and wifi is enabled on the phone.

How can i tell it to always use wifi first no matter what and orange data package second.

Thanks
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-08-15 11:00
Try going into Settings, Connectivity, Destinations, and then highlight your Wi-Fi access point,click Options, Default Connection. Hope that helps, but i must say S60s handling of access points isnt so great,you will still come across some apps that still ask which to use.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
vivid white
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-15 22:26
This helped. Thanks for that. Slowly getting use to how different it is to the iPhone.

On 2010-08-15 11:00:37, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Try going into Settings, Connectivity, Destinations, and then highlight your Wi-Fi access point,click Options, Default Connection. Hope that helps, but i must say S60s handling of access points isnt so great,you will still come across some apps that still ask which to use.

vivid white
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-15 22:31
Here are the pictures of the little beauty I brought. I also got my girlfriend the Blackberry Bold White as well which she has been after for awhile.

Time_Spiral
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-28 11:31
How much is the nokia e72 vivid white?
I will invest in the Stock Market
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-01 06:14
Here is where is he's selling his Nokia: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=197981
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-09-05 06:06
The E72 is a wonderful device.
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi