Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > TomTom car kit for Iphone

Author TomTom car kit for Iphone
dougproctor
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-09 20:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anyone have this piece of kit and got it going with a jailbroken 16Gb 3GS with OS 4.0.1 on it please? I have sound but it will not pair with my phone, just says searching - this after a message that this accessory is not optimised for this iphone and the sound will be distorted and have poor gps reception.
I am about to send it back but before I commit to another, need to know it is compatible. Going back to 3.1.3 is not an option as it scares me witless!!!! Not easy and, besides, I quite like OS4 and have no problems with it.
Thanks guys, anyone help?
Doug
By the by, the carkit I got, although brand new to me, was about 12 months old going by a leaflet in the box so is it old stock and a new one might work with updated software for OS4?
[ This Message was edited by: dougproctor on 2010-08-09 19:49 ]
dougproctor
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-12 20:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No one have any ideas? I bought another on from Argus today and tried it in the car outside the shop. Got the same message straight away about the accessory not being optimised for this iphone with sound being garbled and gps reception not being good. Then no pairing.
This is a 3GS with 4.0.1 on it. I returned it and got a refund but would still like to have one.
Doug
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi