Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio touchscreen problem

Author Satio touchscreen problem
se_p800
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-01 20:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey all.

For the past month or so I've been having problems with my satio screen. It seems that a small part of it it permanently pressed down, making it difficult to navigate, and especially text (it's over the letter "U" so it constantly types that letter ). Sometimes it's worse than others, sometimes it isn't even a problem at all. As my wallpaper I have a pool table with the balls in the triangle and I can clearly see where the problem is; over one of the balls the ink is all wavy and ripply. Is there anything I can do without having to replace the screen? I got it in October I think so, when it just came out. Is there any chance I can get it replaced/fixed for free if I can't fix it myself?

I've tried putting a sucker thing which sticks onto the screen then pulling up and that seems to fix it temporarily, and I've tried applying pressure on other parts of the screen which again acts as a short fix. But before I know it the problem seems to be back :/ It's rather frustrating.

Thanks
Like playing Call of Duty?

Then sign up to www.forumwarfare.com!
eltoffer
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 04:30
is your satio like this

http://www.se-satio.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2243&p=13822#p13822

it was mine and i fixed it temporarily cus a few week after the fix my screen was DEAD, if yours is like the link i could give you the "solution" i found
se_p800
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 04:47

On 2010-08-02 04:30:52, eltoffer wrote:
is your satio like this

http://www.se-satio.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2243&p=13822#p13822

it was mine and i fixed it temporarily cus a few week after the fix my screen was DEAD, if yours is like the link i could give you the "solution" i found

Yes it's like that but no where near as bad. The wavy ink only takes up about 1cm squared of the screen. What was your "solution"??

Cheers

eltoffer
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 05:32
well tha bad news is my satio star with a little pressure points and the it was in all the digitizer as you can see, the solucion wast to take off the front par of my satio (where the digitizer is) and put it into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes if that doesnt clear the pressure point try into the freezer for 5 mins then take it off and let rest for 20 mins, that worked for me, i know it sound very stupid and even dangerous but it is not and really worked for me
se_p800
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-02 17:04
I would be willing to try that. I did look into taking the front part off, but looked like I needed some weird ass screw driver to get some of the screws out :/

eltoffer
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 17:13
you need to use screwdriver TORX, and only need to unscrew four screws
Q86ARR
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2010-08-02 22:37
Mine has done this a couple of times now. Usually clears itself, but is very annoying when it happens. I emailed SE and they sound it sounded like a software problem and I should check for updates!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-30 11:03
Standard form reply. Don't accept that reply - take your handset to a service centre and get it fixed under warranty.

stephyglover
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-04-13 21:40

On 2010-08-02 17:13:03, eltoffer wrote:
you need to use screwdriver TORX, and only need to unscrew four screws

Hi, i've seen the problem with the screen and I have the same one, except mine is nearly as big as my screen.
I also have problems that my "conversations" freezes. My unlock button is faulty, sometimes my screen wont work even though it's unlocked, and i have to press the unlock button again to get the screen to work.

I've actually had the screen replaced 4 times, and it comes back with the same problems.

The other problems were fixed with the first replacement, but i had it replaced one last time, and they all came back. Now I'm out of warranty and can't get it fixed again

I was about to reset all the software but my satio now wont backup on "pc companion' so I dont kno what to do.
Can anyone help?

Steph
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-05-12 01:25

On 2010-08-02 05:32:53, eltoffer wrote:
well tha bad news is my satio star with a little pressure points and the it was in all the digitizer as you can see, the solucion wast to take off the front par of my satio (where the digitizer is) and put it into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes if that doesnt clear the pressure point try into the freezer for 5 mins then take it off and let rest for 20 mins, that worked for me, i know it sound very stupid and even dangerous but it is not and really worked for me

That does sound pretty unusual But since his was only 1cm square it would be better if he takes it to a professional so as not to risk further damage. Great info though
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi