Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > weird charging problem? told this was normal?

Author weird charging problem? told this was normal?
lostbear
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 14:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just purchased a brand new sony ericsson t715 3 days ago. before i went to bed i charged it when i woke up the next day 10 hours later i checked my phone and the battery icon in the top right hand corner showed it was still charging and it had the lighting bolt symbol. i checked the battery status and it said it was 99% charged. the weird thing is when i unplugged the charger from the phone the battery symbol in the top right hand corner was full? so to test it again i ran the battery down to 60% by talking and using the camera. so i charged it again. it got to 100% then I left the charger plugged in 20 minutes later the battery status went back to 99% and the battery icon indicated it was charging by the green bar moving. so i thought the phone was faulty so i took it back to the store and complained to the technician and the manager and they said that this was normal. they refused to replace it and said there is nothing wrong with it!! are they lying? what do you guys think?

just it seems to me once you charge the battery and it reaches 100% and you leave the charger plugged in after 10-15 minutes the battery status drops to 99% and is stuck there no matter how long you charge it. the battery indicator would show that its charging. weird huh? im used to nokia phones and no nothing about sony ericssons. is this normal? if not how do i fix this? thanks!!
[ This Message was edited by: lostbear on 2010-07-23 13:29 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 14:28
This issue is "normal" in phones. You don't need to worry about it. I once had a K200 with battery indicator being charged when it wasn't plugged in to the charger. My gf has this sometimes in her C702.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
lostbear
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 14:39
i dont mean to offend you but i think you misunderstood what i said. you charge it. after it gets to 100% and you leave the charger plugged in it drops to 99% and just stays at 99% forever no matter how long the charger is plugged into it. the green bar in the top right hand corner would still indicate that its charging. its just with the charger plugged in it stays at 99% and the the battery icon with the green bar would still be moving from right to left.
[ This Message was edited by: lostbear on 2010-07-23 13:45 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 14:55
Ok ok. It never gets to 100%. That's know too. If you give a search to the forum you'll see what I'm saying
lostbear
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 15:12
im new to this website and had no luck with the search option. the only post i could find that had the same problem as me was my own post! lol. i also looked it up on google and nothing. so plz can someone explain to me why when charging it goes to 100% then when the charger is still in it drops to 99% and wont go back to 100% and why the battery indicator says its still charging no matter how long its plugged in to the charger! thanks guys.
[ This Message was edited by: lostbear on 2010-07-23 14:16 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 15:22
For example this: Battery loads to just 98%
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 15:50
when the battery indicator has a lightning icon over it, it means it is plugged into a charger, it doesn't necessarily mean that the phone is still charging, when the battery icon is already filled with green color i think it is already done charging, It is normal for as tranced said not reaching 100% sometimes, as long as it is near a 100% i think its fine. I too came from nokia then to sony ericcson, found it wierd the first time but found out it's normal Just check if your battery still lasts the way it should
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
lostbear
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-24 11:00
no when i mean "its still shows its charging" i mean the green bar hasnt finished filling up yet. there is just a little bit to go. its just stuck there with the green bar still moving and when you check the battery status its stuck on 99%. yes the lighting bolt shows that the charger is plugged in BUT the green bar hasnt finished goin all the way. it just keeps moving. its just telling me "hey i havent finished charging" even though you could leave the charger plugged in there for hours on end!
[ This Message was edited by: lostbear on 2010-07-24 10:04 ]
o-hell-o
W508 Grey
PM
Posted: 2010-07-25 16:59
I am aware of this problem. I think the best you can do (and as i have done) is to close down the phone - then charge it for a couple of hours or over night. That will make the battery hold much longer.

Edit: My w508 phone battery did charge to just 98%. After one time doing the above, made it go up to 99%. I am testing for the second time at the moment and hopefully it will reach to 100%.
[ This Message was edited by: o-hell-o on 2010-07-25 16:04 ]
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-25 17:25
Its normal and has been extensively commented on for over 5 years now so its suprising that you've said you didn't get anything when you searched. You will always get the animated battery icon when the phone is on even when it's full. It has an overcharge protection circuit. Turn the phone off with the charger plugged in and let it charge until you get the prompt saying its finished. Turn the phone back on with the charger still plugged in and leave it. Sometimes works but its nothing to worry about. You lose between 2 and 4 percent just by turning the phone on anyway.

This message was posted from a WAP device
o-hell-o
W508 Grey
PM
Posted: 2010-07-25 18:13

On 2010-07-25 16:59:57, o-hell-o wrote:
I am aware of this problem. I think the best you can do (and as i have done) is to close down the phone - then charge it for a couple of hours or over night. That will make the battery hold much longer.

Edit: My w508 phone battery did charge to just 98%. After one time doing the above, made it go up to 99%. I am testing for the second time at the moment and hopefully it will reach to 100%.
[ This Message was edited by: o-hell-o on 2010-07-25 16:04 ]

As i said above. I tried now for the second time and now it reached 100%
TTT
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-07-25 18:32
I don't think the phone can sense if the battery really is full charged. 2nd guess is that it charges to 100% and then stops until 95% or something before it starts charging again to not ruin the battery.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi