Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Bluetooth Keyboard and Satio

Author Bluetooth Keyboard and Satio
Andrej
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 19:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

I have somehow ordinary problem with pairing my bluetooth keyboard with my Satio but since this is not a Nokia phone I Am having problems with pairing. Keyboard came with drivers (for phone) on the CD, but the problem is that these drivers are only for Nokia phones. I found that these drivers are the same as on Nokia official site. The problem is when I want to install some of these drivers on the phone it gives me certificate error. Drivers are already signed by Nokia, I also try to sign them myself but the problem still exist.

So does anybody know how to connect bluetooth keyboard to Satio/Vivaz. It is a nice accessory since these two phone doesn't have physical keyboards.

Pairing this keyboard with a PC went with no problem. I also works perfectly.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 19:49
seems like you need to hack the darn thing. Because SE is so stupid to lock everything up on this phone. And we cant install other programs, while on the play-now everything is crap. SE just sucks. Try to hack it. It will work then.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Andrej
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 19:57
....this is exactly what I mean. I would hack the phone but I'm using the latest firmware which is unhackable if I'm right. And downgrading is not in my interests at the moment. :S
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-12 00:30
I had latest firmware for a couple of weeks but I felt my phone was more worth it if it was hackable so I spent another 2 weeks trying to get the damn thing downgraded and now I'm still not satisfied with performance. I'm debating upgrading but then I'll lose a few cool apps that I like but aren't really that useful in the first place.

F**K I hate ...

Even with the kokoro performance patch, I'm not happy with this phone. It is not just the speed, it is also the instability of this phone and the fact that it can't even make phone calls properly...WHAT THE HELL?
Andrej
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-12 08:02
Well, the only thing I can think of at the moment is to wait for the next firmware update (if there will be one?). I hope it will be at least hackable if not anything more. I don't have any big hopes, SE support is really lame for a last few years.

I see that SE realized that Symbian S60 v5 is a fail but at least they could give us some support for a couple of years.
[ This Message was edited by: Andrej on 2010-06-12 07:03 ]
Andrej
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 19:33
I managed to get bluetooth keyboard working with my Satio.
Yesterday I was playing with signing early mentioned Nokia bluetooth keyboard drivers. I found that the drivers consists of two parts - keyboard drivers and keyboard settings. At the time of my first post I didn't know it was possible to sign both parts. Obviously drivers was impossible to install but now I managed to sign both parts. After I did that drivers installed without any problems. Keyboard is now working fine except it is loosing connection from time to time but I think this is phone/firmware related bug.

I hope someone find this answer useful.
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-26 10:58
which bluetooth keyboard are you using? Is it the nokia one? Where can i buy it? Or any other good bluetooth keyboard for satio. Thanks.
| history 5110, 8210, 3310, P900/10,8250, 5210, 1100, 3220, GA628,T105,w810,K550, K610,W880,W910,P1,G900,C905, Satio, x10 mini, arc, XS, XZ, XZ3, XZ5P,XA2U
mimedk
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 21:12
Hi Andrej,
Could you please elaborate on "I found that the drivers consists of two parts - keyboard drivers and keyboard settings. At the time of my first post I didn't know it was possible to sign both parts. Obviously drivers was impossible to install but now I managed to sign both parts." How did you manage to sign the two parts? Did you split the file - how?
I could really use the info; I have a nice little Bluetooth keyb. - but haven't been able to make it work
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi