Posted: 2011-04-22 01:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i love mine:D:D:):(:O8):-?
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-04-22 03:25
I think, when it comes to design (cosmetic/appearance), SE is better than apple.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-04-22 21:43

On 2011-04-22 00:05:05, mriley wrote:
I think the design of the iPhone 4 was the best design and build quality ever seen on a mobile phone.
I'm sick of top range smart phones with crappy builds like glossy plastics, with the ridiculous amount they all charge for the top models, it should be premium in all aspects.

You're kidding me right? GLASS on both the front & back?! Other than recycling and getting out of user damage down the road what gain is a full glass back give the end user? What about corporate users? Oh yeah more in store purchases for consumers for device cases.

No phone should HAVE TO use a case for any reason other than cosmetics.
RIM/Nokia holds the record for build quality in several models over the years - not using cheap plastics either - plastics but not the crappy cheap kind (flimsy or brittle).

This IP4 is a great design, I love it too - but I just find I don't consume apps as often and I STILL have to be too careful with it knowing running through a subway token/ticket turnstyle with it in my front pants/jeans pocket could end up with a huge CRACk on the screen.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-04-22 22:49

On 2011-04-22 21:43:34, Prom1 wrote:

On 2011-04-22 00:05:05, mriley wrote:
I think the design of the iPhone 4 was the best design and build quality ever seen on a mobile phone.
I'm sick of top range smart phones with crappy builds like glossy plastics, with the ridiculous amount they all charge for the top models, it should be premium in all aspects.

You're kidding me right? GLASS on both the front & back?! Other than recycling and getting out of user damage down the road what gain is a full glass back give the end user? What about corporate users? Oh yeah more in store purchases for consumers for device cases.

No phone should HAVE TO use a case for any reason other than cosmetics.
RIM/Nokia holds the record for build quality in several models over the years - not using cheap plastics either - plastics but not the crappy cheap kind (flimsy or brittle).

This IP4 is a great design, I love it too - but I just find I don't consume apps as often and I STILL have to be too careful with it knowing running through a subway token/ticket turnstyle with it in my front pants/jeans pocket could end up with a huge CRACk on the screen.

The glass used isn't normal glass as you know, it's reinforced to whatever strength to make it tougher. The glass on the touchscreen breaks much more easily. The glass on all touchscreens will break without too much effort.
I haven't seen a single iPhone 4 with a cracked/smashed back from where it's been dropped, yet I've seen tons of previous iPhones with smashed screens, so this dropping and breaking was always a problem on the front of the phone, the glass back isn't the same so won't smash unless its dropped from a height onto concrete (as shown in that video)

Also, if you buy a phone that costs as much as this, why don't people just be careful when holding it, if you drop any phone there's going to be damage, and most phones have a cheap plastic build which won't give much damage protection either.
Id much rather have glass than cheap glossy plastic that ruins the feel of the phone, and thus the overall experience when using it everyday, if you pay premium; it should feel premium.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
dizzybee
Apple iPhone 4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-23 23:49
I agree, why should I have to have my phone in a case? The back of mine may as well be made out of asbestos as it's always covered with a case. Plus you pay so much to buy the iPhone and then have to spend another 20 on a case!!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 01:46
GSM Arena is showing pics of what the iphone5 might look like. And also Vodafone to release white ip4 next week.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 14:44
Possible iphone 5??
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-04-24 18:53
^ discredited and proved according to an updated post on macrumors site.

@ mriley, both the front & rear glass of the IP4 are "reinforced" which means that Corning Ware Inc created the glass. Its stronger to being bent (as highlighted in Apple's own videos): but how does this make any sense ... users are not likely to BEND the glass of their IP4 when dropped or holding it are they? !!? Its impact where its still just as week. I've witnessed drops and cracks (more like shatters) so I cannot agree with your experiences seen. That's ok though.

I still cannot stand the video release for the IP4 ... "Video calling is now REAL. Just so REAL." I've used it once on the IP4, once!

Great hardware; maybe the next IP5 will unequivocally impress me.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 18:57
I rarely used video calling before the iphone 4, but now I use it all the time via the skype app to my mum back home in oz, and she says the pics are really clear so I can show her the family, dogs, house and everything thats going on really easily
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 19:05
They say this is a more accurate picture of what the iphone 5 is likely to be design wise?

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 19:28

On 2011-04-24 18:57:23, masseur wrote:
I rarely used video calling before the iphone 4, but now I use it all the time via the skype app to my mum back home in oz, and she says the pics are really clear so I can show her the family, dogs, house and everything thats going on really easily

I only used video calling once on Vodafone but it was jerky & early days. From what I read Face Time is supposed to be much better in quality. @masseur is that free via Skype back to Oz??
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 19:50
using wifi only, yes its free
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 19:52
OK,I guess it's no doubt better quality over Wi Fi.
Phone?? What phone??
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-04-24 21:58
@Prom1
Yeah. I agree, it may be stronger to bending but the force is impact, which doesn't bend the glass just shatters it. It sounds good in marketing though

We need an iPhone 5 Rumours thread, those pics are just an iPod Touch with a bigger screen. I think the next iPhone will have the same design with a metal back, and hopefully a bigger screen. That's what the rumours are suggesting
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
dizzybee
Apple iPhone 4
PM
Posted: 2011-04-26 00:21

On 2011-04-24 19:05:12, julias wrote:
They say this is a more accurate picture of what the iphone 5 is likely to be design wise?

I doubt they'd give it an aluminum back though, really not practical on a phone, or an iPod for that matter. I'm not conviced by the photoshop, got the same picture on the screen as the iPhone 4. Pretty sure apple would make a new one...?

Considering ebaying my 4 and getting a 5 off ebay when it's released, depending on what the 5 is like. Do you think they'll be much of a difference in price?
iPhone 4
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 666768 697071  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic