Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > S312 IS BROKEN :cry: "ok/middle" button snapped off

Author S312 IS BROKEN :cry: "ok/middle" button snapped off
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2010-05-31 20:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Although I got my S312 a week ago it feels really nice in hand and really expensive but still like plastic, i do own a elm, x10. The Elm was just given new to me from Vodafone, so yeah and the X10 is my general phone, but I need my S312 as it is my spare phone or a phone that i use at times when the x10 is ruined (hopefully never) or im going somewhere where i would never dare bring my x10.

Its my spare phone and no being able to click ok/middle/select is annoying theres no point keeping the phone, so how to i place the middle button back on, i tried semi-super glue (like the ones you get in model sets) and that didnt work (just made it smell ) and i tried double sided tape, it worked but it fell off because the tape is slightly bigger and because it increased the hight about 1cm then it should be so when i click it it will fall off. How do i fix it, here are some shots.

Its snapped off like this:

and with double sided tape it pops up like this, causing it to snap off when clicked:

anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks -Ketan
[ This Message was edited by: phonecrzy on 2010-05-31 19:46 ]
Age is just a number.. Being 13 makes me no dumber than a wise old man
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-31 22:55
You could buy a new keyboard on ebay for i think €10 max (fake, but it's only a keyboard). Screw it open and replace it, can't be too hard. Glueing won't help cause it will fall off again and only damage the keyboard frame.
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2010-06-01 00:07

On 2010-05-31 22:55:27, domipost wrote:
You could buy a new keyboard on ebay for i think €10 max (fake, but it's only a keyboard). Screw it open and replace it, can't be too hard. Glueing won't help cause it will fall off again and only damage the keyboard frame.

for a phone like S312 its impossible to find spare parts, i've been looking for a while and no luck (on eBay UK since I live, well in the UK and I pay in £)
Age is just a number.. Being 13 makes me no dumber than a wise old man
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi