Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Android but not Google?

Author Android but not Google?
karlsson
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 08:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hallo! I wonder,Where could I get Android app`s but not involve Google.I dont want a G-mail wich is required for access to Android market.(Beccause they peek in my mail).And is it possible to remove preeinstaled Google app`s from an Android devise like X10.I know that you cant on Googles own G1.And what exactely are for example Sony E permitting Google to download from your phone to their own servers.Like your phonebook on G1.(It`s sounds like conspirecy teories.But it`s not).They even download your visited url`s on the G1.And now the street view cars collecting your mac number via your wireless network so they could have an address to the Google quarryes.They want to pin point you for comercials, they say.(One wonder as we know they are sleeping in the same bed as NSA and CIA since 2004 and after the Bush era at least I dont trust the big democratic country in the west.It must be a wonderful tool to control and press political oponents).Is android an open os or is it complety controlled by Google.Could anyone bring light on this , or dont you care.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 08:54
also make Symbian OS and Windows Mobile OS phones too, you needn't support Android. Then of course there's always the iPhone and Windows Phone 7 devices...
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
karlsson
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 10:07
Yes I know,I´m using Nokia 5230 at the moment.Nokia has come a bit furter in symbian than SE(vivas)Cinetic scrolling and a lot more.But I really want to have that x10 mini if it wasn`t for Google.(just a matter of principles).I´m looking forward to some hack wich make it possible to remove those Google app`s.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 11:37

On 2010-05-23 10:07:16, karlsson wrote:
...(just a matter of principles).I'm looking forward to some hack...

Selective principles are also known as bias, but as you're a fan of every conspiracy theory going, I guess you're way beyond that.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
karlsson
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 11:56
Thats right! You need to embrace and cudle them.To keep them alive.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2010-05-24 18:05

On 2010-05-23 08:13:49, karlsson wrote:
Hallo! I wonder,Where could I get Android app`s but not involve Google.I dont want a G-mail wich is required for access to Android market.(Beccause they peek in my mail).And is it possible to remove preeinstaled Google app`s from an Android devise like X10.I know that you cant on Googles own G1.And what exactely are for example Sony E permitting Google to download from your phone to their own servers.Like your phonebook on G1.(It`s sounds like conspirecy teories.But it`s not).They even download your visited url`s on the G1.And now the street view cars collecting your mac number via your wireless network so they could have an address to the Google quarryes.They want to pin point you for comercials, they say.(One wonder as we know they are sleeping in the same bed as NSA and CIA since 2004 and after the Bush era at least I dont trust the big democratic country in the west.It must be a wonderful tool to control and press political oponents).Is android an open os or is it complety controlled by Google.Could anyone bring light on this , or dont you care.

Android IS Google I really cant see them allowing non Google variants of what is currently the best mobile OS available. I think you being just a little paranoid perhaps!or maybe your a communist in which case just give it up man it doesn't work!
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
karlsson
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-24 18:45
Yes. I´m a bit confused(paranoid).Or just tired on my self allowing people collecting verry privat stuff about my for money making purpouse.And not only me but my friends and family wich I comunicate with.It`s allright as long as law abbiding companies keep them.But what happend when the firm go bankrupt or decide to sell or a server crack.What happend when a non law abbiding company get hold of your personalia and decide to make some dollar from them.You must admit that there is at least a teortical reason to be concern.But of course,one is free to choise another os.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2010-05-25 13:36

On 2010-05-24 18:45:00, karlsson wrote:
Yes. I´m a bit confused(paranoid).Or just tired on my self allowing people collecting verry privat stuff about my for money making purpouse.And not only me but my friends and family wich I comunicate with.It`s allright as long as law abbiding companies keep them.But what happend when the firm go bankrupt or decide to sell or a server crack.What happend when a non law abbiding company get hold of your personalia and decide to make some dollar from them.You must admit that there is at least a teortical reason to be concern.But of course,one is free to choise another os.

I think you make a fair point,
Personally I am not bothered, my supermarket holds more information on me than Google ever could! but I do understand where you are coming from but Android is GREAT
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi