Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC Desire Problems (Already)

Previous  12
Author HTC Desire Problems (Already)
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-05-25 00:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I was gonna say that I thought it had been blacklisted too previousley but i didn't want to upset you,
im so sorry to hear that hope you get your money back yeah, people need to be shot who sell blacklisted handsets on eBay it's not fair to genuine people who also use the site
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
James1000
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-25 02:01

On 2010-05-24 18:50:48, Caspa wrote:

On 2010-05-24 13:37:53, James1000 wrote:
Turns out the phone is blacklisted on vodafone, which means it has been stolen.

I found this out as I phoned vodafone from my contract number and was in the process of asking them if I could put my sim in the HTC and they could send the current settings to it, which I think would have worked.

As soon as I gave the girl the IMEI number of the HTC, she told me it has been blacklisted.

So we have contacted ebay and they are dealing with it, my gf should have her money back in 10 days.

It's a shame that I couldn't give a concrete explanation of what has actually went wrong here. But I'm guessing that because it has been stolen that the IMEI has been blacklisted, therefore no updated could be sent to the phone. Also another reason that updates would not be able to be sent to the phone is because it was being used on another network other than the original network.

I'm wondering if my idea would have worked by asking vodafone to send the updates via the vodafone sim. I suppose any vodafone sim would do this job, either contract or PAYG?

Nothing would work, the phone is blacklisted in the UK so as soon as it trys to get onto the network for a call or text the network say 'computer says NO!'... The phone will work outside of the UK though...

It worked for a while when she was in the UK. Then she went to Australia for 3 weeks and it worked there, but when she got back it stopped working. There must have been a little time between her buying it and the IMEI number being banned in the UK.

The guy she bought it from on ebay has been contacted and wants nothing to do with it. But ebay were contacted first as we knew the seller would obviously not play ball.

I'll maybe post his name on here if there is a section dedicated to that.
hulkhaugen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-15 23:06
Shit, i think i've been fooled myself, bought a htc desire from a guy on ebay, and now it doesn't work anymore. Strange thing though, because i live in Norway...
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-15 23:39
PayPal may be able to get away with ridiculous charges, but its for the benefit of people like you now. Quite lucky actually that you got it back.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-06-15 23:47
I don't like using ebay
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi