Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Podcast manager advice

Author Podcast manager advice
robertoi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 15:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi everyone -
Still experimenting with my new xperia X10, and one thing that Ive been getting a bit irritated by is the way the media player indexes all the files on the sd card - irrespective of folder location.......which Ive sort of sorted by using the .nomedia files, but its a faff.

A new issue Ive noticed is that in order for a podcast to appear in Mediascape's 'podcast' list, and not in the music list, it has to be in a specific folder ( /sdcard/music/podcast ) - its not enough for it to simply have podcast as the genre tag.

If I use SE MediaGo to subscribe to podcasts, and then sync with that, it puts them in the right place. However, I'd prefer to download podcasts direct to my phone over wifi. Ive tried BeyondPod, MyPod etc - but they dont seem to allow you to specify where they save downloaded podcasts - and hence the podcasts end up in the music tab.

Can anyone recommend an alternative that allows you to specify folder podcasts get saved to??

Many Thanks,
Rob
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-18 15:44
Never listen to podcast but a simple file explorer like astro you could move them after you have downloaded them to the folder you want?, not perfect but a sulotion non the less
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
robertoi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 17:37
Thanks - thats what Im doin at the moment - but Id prefer it if U had an app to manage them for me - eg deleting them after a certain length of time etc...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi