Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > few questions from end users of x10 from ex-iphone users

Author few questions from end users of x10 from ex-iphone users
drgopoos
P990
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 01:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i am planning to get x10a . As a current iphone user , can some of the ex iphone users give me some feed back

1. Email use

2. internet browsing

3. Calendar and office applications

4. navigations software

5. lock screen info display ( my iphone jailbroken and i use have lockinfo- Best app ever on any phone )

Please this post is not meant as an iphone bashing platform.
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2010-05-12 06:27 ]
seminole81
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 13:55
Why don't you just renew your next contract and get a X10? Then compare with your iPhone with it and decide what you like better. Then sell whichever one you don't like. Or just go play with one in a store?
howdoinnyc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 15:22
See replies below:

On 2010-05-12 01:13:15, drgopoos wrote:
i am planning to get x10a . As a current iphone user , can some of the ex iphone users give me some feed back

1. Email use : Better than iPhone

2. internet browsing : different but pleasant, takes a few days to get used to only missing the multitouch for zooming

3. Calendar and office applications : on par

4. navigations software : different, not as fast but good enough when you get the hang of it

5. lock screen info display ( my iphone jailbroken and i use have lockinfo- Best app ever on any phone ) : I used to have lockinfo as well. Nothing like it here, the lockscreen is as clean as can get (time and lock slide). I am assuming you could get apps to fix that. I downloaded a few of the apps I had on the Iphone (Chomps/BiteSMS, live weather, ... ) and even if I did miss lockinfo a little I must say that the X10 is not a let down compare to Iphone.

Please this post is not meant as an iphone bashing platform.
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2010-05-12 06:27 ]

In the end the Android platform and Xperia X10 does not feel as fast as the iPhone (and god does it take time to get used to Mediascape for music) but I am very pleased with the switch and find Android a more promising, open platform... If you like to tinker with your phone and customize it then Android is perfect.

Only real let down might be on the games/apps side, the Iphone definitely wins on that one (especially on the games).
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 21:58
On 2010-05-12 15:22:52, howdoinnyc wrote:
In the end the Android platform and Xperia X10 does not feel as fast as the iPhone (and god does it take time to get used to Mediascape for music) but I am very pleased with the switch and find Android a more promising, open platform... If you like to tinker with your phone and customize it then Android is perfect.

Having played extensively with my dad's iPhone 3G2, I find there's little difference in the percieved speed of the two phones, though the display on the X10 is far better.

As for video playing, try bTunes. It's an Android iPhone media player ripoff, that works quite well.
[ This Message was edited by: saltorio on 2010-05-12 21:20 ]
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a | Android 1.6 | Baseband: 1.0.31 | Build: R2BA026 (Root)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi