Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Q4 2010 for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Android 2.1 update

Author Q4 2010 for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Android 2.1 update
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 04:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Their having a laugh, that's a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait for an update!

Link text...

HTC here I come.

"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-08 04:50
i don't think Q4 is that long for an update considering what the X10 can do now.... there will also be an intermediate firmware update in the next few weeks to improve performance.

Waiting til Q4 isn't that long at all for a major update and the addition of HD recording. Im looking forward to that. Go ahead to the HTC... you're missin out on the gorgeousness of the x10.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 05:39
At the moment I don't need any update. But I'll take it if there is any.
erickson813
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 15:26
me to i don't need an update right now! it is better to wait than to rush out things.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 22:08
You can get the Sony Ericsson MBW series of Bluetooth watches working with HTC phones, Sony Ericsson can't even do that, absolutely useless.

And all the applications that will only work with 2.1, by the time Sony Ericsson releases 2.1 everyone else will be on a newer version as well and no doubt 2.1 will be the one and only update for the X10.

I'm not really impressed with the build quality of the X10 either, HTC have always made excellent build quality handsets and there even better now. The X10 just feels like a plastic piece of crap compared to HTC phones.

Yep definitely moving to HTC.
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2010-05-08 21:15 ]
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 22:51
It is good news... all depending on what sort of updates they give between this major one...

HTC aint that much faster in updating...

The HERO is still waiting for its 2.1 offical update... and how long has 2.1 been out for...

I have tried the Desire and the X10 and still choose to stay with X10 not cause it's a handset... as this is my first handset for over 2 years, was using a iPhone 3G then 3GS...

With the Desire it feels like all the HTC handsets with SENSE there are no real differences... The camera sucks the media department is too basic... On the X10 I like Mediascape a lot and the screen size... is great... Even a work pal said to me WOW that is an amazing screen... and he owns the iPhone 3G...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 23:02
Android 2.2 will be coming in Q3 or Q4. I'm enjoying 2.1 on my Desire and looking forward to 2.2. Maybe X10 owners prefer a wrinkly Madonna over a fresh young Megan Fox? It is shocking to pay so much for a phone and then give it such a late update which is old anyway. If sales start to dip, do you think that will even bother, they have ditched other phones in the past. The HTC Hero is an old phone with its successor on the market and still they have gone through the trouble of giving it a 2.1 update. Hats off to HTC, should take note.
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 03:28

@badassmam- Sorry yo be a party pooper, but wasnt the Desire supposed to include 720p video recording via a firmware update? As of now its SE who is doing it, so i wont say much about them. About the Android version, i dont have many gripes with my X10 to suggest that i would die without an update.
emuneee
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 04:28

On 2010-05-09 03:28:49, se_dude wrote:

@badassmam- Sorry yo be a party pooper, but wasnt the Desire supposed to include 720p video recording via a firmware update? As of now its SE who is doing it, so i wont say much about them. About the Android version, i dont have many gripes with my X10 to suggest that i would die without an update.

As far as I'm concerned, saying and doing are two different things. A lot of companies promise features in firmware updates, but only a few are properly executed....HTC and SE included. I hope to see this long awaited 2.1 update, but I won't be surprised if it never comes out
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 08:51
@emunee- Umm.. If you can give me one instance where SE has backed out of their word, i shall eat my hat.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 13:33
I also think this is lame from SE!

If they wanted to be late then July would've been nicer which means they would then make Froyo Q4.

Of course, if you bought the phone you are likely to come up with justification as to why Q4 doesn't bother you so as not to seem bothered by the upcoming Froyo which actually brings quite an improvement over Eclair particularly in terms of speed and fluidity.

So cunning are SE that they throw in HD recording to sweeten the delay.

Please...
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
emuneee
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 17:57

On 2010-05-09 08:51:33, se_dude wrote:
@emunee- Umm.. If you can give me one instance where SE has backed out of their word, i shall eat my hat.

My conclusion is based on the fact of SE's behavior. There are instances where SE has stated items in the past in spec sheets and other various official channels that after sometime just disappeaer or are retracted (DLNA support on the X1, multitouch on the X10) or just a lack of after purchase support...maybe I've been burned so I'm a bit biased. But like I say, I'll believe it when I see it, if it never happens, I won't be surprised.

Now there present behavior is world's apart from past behavior, but upgrading 2.1 is by far their biggest software upgrade in recent years, so I'm curious to see how this works out.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 18:05
You know 2.1 will be the one and only update the X10 will get. Newer Android versions from then will be forgotten and surprise surprise Sony Ericsson will make even more losses and back to the drawing board as it has been all along.

Sony Ericsson couldn't organise a piss up at a brewery going by the current state of affairs. My faith in them is totally gone.
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2010-05-10 17:08 ]
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 18:09
They have mentioned... (would need to find the link)

They would support there handsets better then they have done in the past... I suppose time will tell...

If they start supporting there handsets better and make them decent then I will surely be happy to hang with them, however if they don't then would definitely consider another brand... Dare I say APPLE...
[ This Message was edited by: SE-Naz on 2010-05-10 17:10 ]
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-15 02:46
jesus. Apple would be the LAST brand i would consider. Hell, i'd pick alcatel over them. F**k steve jobs.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi