Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > XPERIA X2 Strange contact sync bug/problem?

Author XPERIA X2 Strange contact sync bug/problem?
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 16:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Rene, if you sync contacts from your PC/MAC, can you check the following with your MR2 update.

The bug or problem or whatsoever I find quite annoying is, that I have assigned profile pictures in Address book on my Mac. When I click on that profile pictures on my mac, they show up in full res. But when I sync the whole address book to my X2, and go to dialer, pictures show up very small, in a rounded square, example is here:

Picture synced from computer's address book

But, if I select contact in that dialer and click on Menu/Assign Contact Photo, and select the same picture I used on my computer, I get this picture to fill the screen up - just like that:

Picture applied on Xperia X2

Same thing is when you are calling, in first case you get this small ugly square in a dialer:

Picture synced from computer's address book

But in second case (applied the picture from WinMo device) the contact picture nicely fills the screen, needless to say that this looks much nicer to me - and i guess that would be anybody elses opinion too.

Picture applied on Xperia X2

I tried same thing with MissingSync / Sync Mate on MAC (Address Book) and over ActiveSync (Outlook 2003) on Windows computer, and I got the same squares everywhere, so I guess this is not a third party program issue.

Could you check this thing and add it to your bug report, I'd really like to see this thing working as it was meant to (with picture filling up the screen) and not just with those ugly squares. Or maybe, if anybody knows any solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, today I found my phone was dead again. Hour after that I got a SOD again, 2 hours later I got another one, but this time I made a 8 minute call...and thats after few days of stability (I applied all the possible suggestions/tweaks, use Windows Default Today, removed all panels). If this goes on, I think I'll replace that phone for something else, lost all the trust in it. But to replace it, have to wait one month and a half to come back home, so...it just sucks at the moment...
[ This Message was edited by: ingenus on 2010-05-03 15:30 ]
Seek peace...
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-03 22:07
Hi!
I'm currently testing this, but it seems to take ages to sync the phone with outlook.. I sent anyway your link to SE in case they have not seen this before.

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 02:46
This might have something to do with outlook contacts having an image of a maximum size. Remember that the X2 display is pretty high res and this might be an issue if the contact info has a "thumbnail" image.
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 09:28
@rene, thanks for that!

@prodjsxb, yeah, but the same goes on with MAC's address book, which has larger pictures. In fact, I noticed that pictures coming from mac look a bit better then ones from the outlook, so that might be it.

Well, I got the idea right now, maybe are some differences with versions of Outlook, the 2003 version I have on a XP the contact pictures box has realy small thumbnails, but then in Microsoft Entourage 2008 (Outlook for MAC) when you click on a profile picture, it opens up in a full resolution, does not matter what the size. But the problem is, Entourage contact photos can not be synced to Xperia, not supported yet.

Can you please tell with which versions you tried that (try with some newer ones), and when you try, please apply contact picture about 1000 x 1000 px, so that we see the result.

Seek peace...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi