Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Tutorial: How to turn off camera sound/focus sound

Author Tutorial: How to turn off camera sound/focus sound
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-02 11:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, for some new Sony Ericsson phones (I know the W995 has this problem for sure) there is no option to turn off the camera sound or the focus sound, even when silent mode is on. Here I am going to guide you through a solution to overcome this.

What we are going to do is replace the sound files for the camera sound and the focus sound with a sound which is silent, using A2uploader.

1. Download this .rar file I have uploaded with 3 sound files, namely camerafocus.3gp, camerashutter2.3gp and camerashutter2_rer.3gp

2. Currently you can choose the following sounds
1. Camera shutter
2. Bear can opening
3.Tennis ball
4. Laser

The files in the .rar have been created to replace the Beer can opening sound, however if you want to keep this one, then change the number on the end e.g to replace the Laser sound the two files would be camerashutter4.3gp and camerashutter4_rer.3gp Although please note to replace the Camera shutter sound the number on the end is not 1, but is no number at all e.g. camerashutter.3gp and camerashutter_rer.3gp

3.Now you connect your phone to A2uploader (see Tutorial on main website for how to do this) and go to tpa/presets/system/sound and drop all 3 files into this folder. If you want to keep the sound you're replacing right click on it and click 'read' this will create a folder ph_out with this file in it.

4.Shut down A2uploader, switch on phone and bobs your uncle!

You can also add other sounds, I created a Gavin and Stacey one here but I will happily accept requests for others.

Hope this helps!
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2010-05-02 10:16 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 05:53
no need for replacing camera sound in A2, just insert customize_upgrade.xml script and then you will gain another option: shutter sound off . Sorry i can't write these script here due forum script limitation
Please visit My GALLERY
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 06:00
OK...if you want to try these script..download it and put into tpa/preset/custom/
Link: download here
Please visit My GALLERY
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 10:36
!!! haha thank you, that's such a simple alternative...

although this still works for people who don't want an auto focus sound, as that off button only turns of the shutter sound?

Edit: This didn't work when I tried it... Do I have to remove anything first? like the customize.xml already there?

cheers
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2010-05-03 09:56 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 11:47
someone here was ever ask this script before and he said it work like a charm. Did you put it in right place using a2uploader?
Please visit My GALLERY
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi