Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Send Message on the X10 (How)

Author Send Message on the X10 (How)
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-02 00:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I must be stupid or tierd, been playing with the phone all day "but not texting and such" so now i press the
"Send message" icon then "new message" but i cant add any contacts i can write a message but there is no button for the phonebook and when i start to type a name nothing happens... the only way for me to send an sms/mms is to go to the phonebook and chose a contakt then send a msg..... in other words i cant take a picture with the cam and chose send to... bcoz i cant acces the phonebook from the new message meny...

Be kind to explain this to me?

Edit: in the Handcent app there is a phonebook link... but i want to use the SE/Android standard.
[ This Message was edited by: SKIBBE on 2010-05-01 23:29 ]
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-02 03:00
@skibbe- Use the phone in portrait.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-02 08:03
i had this issue too. apparently in landscape the phonebook entries don't show up but they will in portrait mode. maybe it'll get fixed in a firmware update. I'm using the HTC keyboard right now and it works in both modes.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-02 10:23
It works now

edit: removed the pictures-
[ This Message was edited by: SKIBBE on 2010-05-02 13:45 ]
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
unknown_x
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-02 11:22
¿What FW do you have? Mine works in landscape in SMS , emails, facebook, browser, etc.

It may be an stupid question but...have you clicked inside the text box to "activate" the keyboard? that's the only way the landscape mode shows it.

When you type the contact name it should show the number:

If not, just type it in portrait mode and you will see a lot of names appear while typing

About the album art thing, mine is getting all the albums, make sure you have your X10 charging and with wifi ON , if this doesn't work, go to aplications and delete all the mediascape data and cache and try again, if it still doesn't work empty your music folder, go to mediascape to see if it is empty, then copy your music again and try again.

[ This Message was edited by: unknown_x on 2010-05-02 11:06 ]
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-02 13:25
@unknown_x

i have the 16 thingny generic UK with swedish language

i did a hardreboot of the phone, and now i can type and get sugestions in portrait mode (and i honst thought there would be a + button or something to acces the full phonebook so i could mark several contacts at once if i felt like it not typing and browsing) but it's better than not be abel to nothing and the handycent thing works and i can learn how to use it more.

one more question, mms how does that work, on my old phones i have been abel to rotate and do som quick edets to the pictures like contrast and b/w and i don't get any options for wich size the pictures gets resiezed to i have tried 2 times and the picture gets like 18kb big... i mean if i send just one picture it can be up to 300kb in my network its 2010 and i would like to send some detailed pictures with my 8mp cam.. and specialy with a phone that is 2 years newer than my old one and.. yeah all my phones the past 6-7 years has been abel to chose the autor resize to like 320* 640* by default.
Update: i called sony ericsson today, there is no option for that but he notecied it and should give my thoughts to the developers.

i know a picture editor can do this but it takes time i would like to be abel to do this on the fly like i always have done.

Mediascape:it works with media go.. but i had to do some manualy art work, but that was expected.
does anyone feel like the trasferspeed is slow, its only like 5mb/s on my w960i i got atleast 14-15mb/s takes some time if you transfer a few GB.

Note: it takes fawking forever! this cant be any highspeed usb 2.0 connection... 2.5gb and 10% in 10 minutes.. thats like internet speed, will have to try and install it on some other usb port, but the same one gives me 15mb to my other phone and like 30mb/average to my usb disk

Note2: seems like it is calculating the mood/tempo of the song before transfer, that will explain the extreme time this take. i don't want to cancel it now but it will take aprox 2hours...
[ This Message was edited by: SKIBBE on 2010-05-04 10:45 ]
History
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi