Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia N8. Connect. Create. Entertain.

Previous  123 4 ... 171819  Next
Author Nokia N8. Connect. Create. Entertain.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 21:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
On GSMArena's blog they calculated that the N8 has a very large (for being a camphone) image sensor (link) - 1/1.9". That would explain the pretty good samples posted.

With the phone having a brand new OS I wouldn't think of buying it until at least 6-9 months have passed, to give Nokia enough time to fix the millions of bugs it is sure to have. In any case, I wouldn't buy this phone at all, or any other phone from Nokia either after having been very disappointed with two of their latest smartphones (N900 and E72). They really need to shape up to take away the bad rep they have today.
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 21:53

On 2010-04-27 21:23:38, norbi_nw wrote:
Who cares if the batery cant be removed.... At least i dont. I cant remember the last time i took out my battery for any other reason than changing SIM.

Can't swap battery if I use it too much and it runs out wherever I am.
Can't go for a longer trip without a care.

Replacing it at a service center just for an over-used battery is something I never want to do when something as simple as buying my own battery and replacing it takes an hour at the local shop.

Downtime is far too annoying sending it back, and they might damage your precious phone if I send it to some grubby unknown tech; this has happened to people before (receiving phones in worse condition than they sent them).

+
I like to keep phones for a minimum of 3 years, not 1 - 1.5 years. I still have my PSP after more than 3 years. I am glad it has a removable battery. I don't like disposing goods or changing them often.
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 22:18
This phone will replace my satio for sure if there is still no android phone with a decent audioplayer and a camara with xenon flash! I dont care if there is a lot of bugs in the beggining... it probably will be more usuable than satio is right now! lol. Just 2 questions about S3... Does it have finally smiles and conversation view on sms? and about flash wallpapers?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 22:20
Non removable battery well iphone anyone? It's nothing new I just hope Nokia are confident enough that if it freezes & you cannot turn it off then hell your buggered So they are saying the sensor is BIG
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-04-27 21:49 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 23:44
This is nice but it looks like it has dodgey buttons downs the sides again,
the X6 has a really shoddy Lock key and it looks as if Nokia have put the same shoddy keys onto this one too,
must be a cost thing or something!

lol and lets hope it comes dust free
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 23:45
It looks like the phone has the screen quite close to the surface which may mean no dust getting inside like the X6
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-27 23:52
yeah maybe but if it has shoddy keys on it the dust will get into the cracks you haven't seen how they have put the X6 together my last handset was put together very bad, large gaps on the USB and On/off switch!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 05:15

lol and lets hope it comes dust free

A controversial (but good) reviewer from Russia on the mobile-review site has already commented that dust got in.
kreacher
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 05:34
I hope the large sensor really delivers and becomes an area of competition amongst the companies. I've been waiting since my K790 for some manufacturer to tout image quality due to larger sensor rather than jacking up MP count.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 06:10
design is fugly. really fugly. worse than the satio's. will keep an eye on thìs, tho, with the omnia hd2 conceivably in the works, i know where my money will be going.
Luci'sPower
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 08:55
I waited for this type of phone for a long time ......this is the first all around phone (since N82) in the last 2 years that includes everything ..........great move for nokia this will sell like crazy
For those who believe no explanation is necessary, For those who don't none will suffice
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 23:55
There is no phone that comes even close to its HD recording quality, its absolutely fantastic. Check it out on youtube.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-04-29 00:17
i'll decide about the vid quality when i'm actually able to sample the device myself. until then, i take it with a pinch of salt.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-29 15:47
I have to agree with jj03! Some of Nokia's marketing statements are beginning to bother me on this phone.

They claim that this phone 'rivals compact digital cameras' and have posted 'untouched' photos and video recording of the phone. All this sounds just like excessive marketing and advertising in response to Eldar's scathing preview of the phone.

Until it is 'officially' reviewed and used I will take that with a pinch of salt also.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-29 18:25

Until it is 'officially' reviewed and used I will take that with a pinch of salt also.

I wait for official review and at least 1,000 user comments.
And that goes for every manufacturer, not just Nokia
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic