Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia X6 Dust in Screen

Author Nokia X6 Dust in Screen
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 21:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey All. Had the X6 for a few weeks now didnt like it at first but now its turned me around battery life is amazing! Anyway a few days ago ive noticed specks of dust under the phone fascia in the screen im not happy about this so was wondering what I should do? Is anyone else got this problem here
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 21:28
Is this the type of annoying dust that's only visible in outdoor light or right under bright lamp? I have had this problem on so many phones not just Nokia from Samsung to & it really is annoying. If you have only had it a few weeks then ask at the Vodafone store see what they say. They will either tell you to go away & it's not a manufacturing fault or they may exchange. Try it ya don't ask ya don't get. Maybe it's just that model that's prone to it. My Nokia 5230 has so far none. Maybe sometimes certain phones are not sealed properly you may get a replacement & not have any dust. I had this problem with the Nokia 6700 & Phones4U actually swapped it cos I said I am paying for a premium device @ Ł170 yet masses of dust is inside & it really spoils the screen plus it was brand new. The replacement had no issue with dust so that previous one maybe had not been sealed right around the screen but manufacturers need to sort this issue.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-04-20 20:34 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 21:41
Ye take it back, had no idea that could happen with a touch display TBH, thought they were properly sealed.
Bono
You got a 5230? How are you finding it? Lol, thought you were still enjoying Elm?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 21:53
I had my Elm stolen by kids in hoods outside my work place in broad daylight. So I got the Nokia as a replacement for now it's great except for the cam. And yes it can happen to a touch screen it happened to my Samsung Jet. The dust gathered in the right bottom corner & it was alot It's my first Symbian phone that has had not one crash or restart quite impressive & it's fast. Everything right down to the build is great just rubbish cam.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-04-20 20:57 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 22:04
Oh,sorry to hear that Bono, look at the brightside,it wasnt at gun point like how it sometimes happens here.
Nothing more annoying than dust under the fascia,ruins the display quality, my W900 had that problem,and my N81 had the same,but Nokia replaced the whole front cover.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 22:09
Last I had this with was the c510. But so many phones have this & it's nasty I think Kerry you should return it & ask them. Show them in the right light where the dust shows up more. @Tsepz_GP I can imagine that in SA getting robbed @ gunpoint from what I have heard. The kids knocked me over when they snatched it outta my hand & I cut my right hand I even decided not to have insurance & then it happens You know the phones which get alot of dust under their screens? Blackberries are terrible for it. I know 3 people with different ones & the dust is terrible. My 5230 without dust
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-04-20 21:19 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 23:11
Hmm I don't wanna go back to the vodafone shop again
but what i'll do is contact the eForum about this, I don't understand how dust can
actually get into the phone tbh unless it's getting in through the speaker part,

I know other phones with this problem the Nokia 6280 had it,
but that was easy to pull appart and sort, but i don't wanna be thinking about opening my Nokia it may void the warranty if i do that, im stuck with till next year and I don't want it looking like a old wreck within weeks lol

ive done a seaech on Google for this problem looks like others are experiencing it to!!!!

the Dust is that annoying dust yepp
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 23:16
Yeah well dust I guess is dust Anyway I never thought you don't wanna go back to the store cos they have already sorted you out with alot of stuff. I remember the 6280 terrible phone It already had dust right out of the box I think you should mail Nokia & let them know to seal their bloody screens in future. It must be getting through an opening
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-04-20 22:20 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 23:26
yeah maybe I should put some sellotape over the sides
yeah last time i was at the Voda store i was in there for over a hour

I don't wanna go back again

btw if I get another wont that also get dust in it?
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 04:13
In a Dutch phone related forum I've found several posts of X6-owners, complaining about dust, one of them had the phone for two weeks.
According to a member of that forum, working in a phone shop, this is a known problem, so people should bring their phone to a Nokia Service Point, there's a Service Bulletin, about this problem and how to fix it :

Identification of fault or service case
Dust was found between the touch panel and LCD. In some cases the display gasket has been broken due to wrong tape removal method and causing the dust intrusion.

"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 16:58
Yes you have the right to get Nokia to sort it out. Open up the phone put proper sealings around the screen and get a mini vac inside. Its obviously an x6 problem cos still so far i have no dust under my Nokia screen.
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 17:27
Our two N97's don't have any probs with dust either, one of them is only two months old, but the other one is seven months.
I remember, some of the first 5800XM's also had dust under their screens, we've bought ours a few months later and it never had any dustproblems.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 18:13
Ive seen many people on forums with the same problem too,
tomorrow ive gotta go and waste my time feeling embarrised moaning about dust to
vodafone im not happy,

I think the dust is getting in thru the on and off button,
as it seems to start of in the cornerthe the bigger bits make it to the middle,
thing is you can see them more clearley on a white screen they show up black, looking like dead pixels lol

im not slagging the phone of I think it's got a amazing battery life as it lasts me all week without a charge!
Vodafone have said send it in for repair anyway so i'll do that tomorrow...

why can't bloody phones work fault free nowadays,
there driving me mad and wasting my time lol when i could be doing something heaps better GRRRR!

Ps, ive also sent a email to Nokia on this and have stated they need to know of this problem lol
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 18:24
Kerry love just go do it dont even think about being embarrassed. Its your right you have signed a contract and as far as i read here its a bad manufacturing fault. You have rights to change it or have repaired. I never put up with poor shit from what i buy or what a store tells me. Maybe its like Sony Ericsson phones certain manufacturing weeks have bad poor workmanship and that my dear is what is stated in warranty. I know a guy on radio wm here on his consumer show and believe me he knows an amazing amount of things the average consumer does not. He sorts out many many problems and has embarrassed many companies.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 18:29
Okidoke so i'll sort it out tomorrow then
Nokia have done a phone like yours in a N97 style have you seen it ?

it's a Nokia C6 it's on there website
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic