Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > How To Fix The Battery Life On The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Previous  1234  Next
Author How To Fix The Battery Life On The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Kenyo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-25 14:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Here is my tip, don't use juice defender, don't use task killers.
What I found did work, and does work consistently is that after a charge, immediately reboot your phone.
My battery time went up roughly 1.8-2X and many people has experienced the same thing.
Try and see if it works for you
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-25 15:00
I have noticed that if there is no decent reception and the phone spends more time and power looking, which really puts a drain on the battery... Can you not put it on 2G??? or even flight mode, if its a problem...

When I travel underground I tend to put it on flight mode, which has made a big difference... After hour journey with music on... I get to around 95-97% battery which I think is pretty good... If I don't then I get around 85-90% which is quite a bit more...
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-26 12:20
Flight mode will of course improve battery life but really we shouldn't have to be switching to flight mode all the time just to get the phone to the end of the day.
The colossal battery consumption and various WiFi problems tell me that the radio is in a mess on the X10

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-04-26 15:01
i've started carrying my Nokia DC-11 just in case the x10 runs out as it does go down very quickly in most cases...

Still love it though as its a great little phone once you debrand!!!! I also have Advanced Task Killer Pro so its set to auto kill when i lock the screen.
Trickois
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 13:19
Dear All,

I have just had a notification that my X10 has arrived and I can't wait 'til this evening so I can play with it.

I can't remember or see if there was a consensus as to whether or not the battery should have a full charge before switch on. My hopes are so high for this handset, I don't want to do anything that might mess it up..

Thanks,

RH
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 13:31
Congratulations!

I'm not too sure killing apps helps minimise battery use but I do recommend conditioning the battery with at least three complete charge / discharge cycles.

I found that because I rarely had the phone out of my hand ( ) the display was nearly always active and consuming power, so I didn't have a handle on how it lasted on normal use. Now I can see its lasting just fine.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-04-28 12:32 ]
Mwanyoko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 14:20
Hi guys, I have had the same battery problem and just been through the thread.

I found this Quick System Information on the market. I installed it and it gives me a choice to end some or all of the running processes, I did end them all and just kept the QSI open. whenever I run any app I made sure it's ended before locking the phone but still the QSI left running. I have noticed there are a few apps which runs automatically but managed to shut them up.

After 1 day, 5 hours and 45 mins since last fully charged and with basic phone usage (calls, messaging and a bit of internet browsing), I still have 31% of battery remaining.

I just thought it was great and thought will share the idea but am sure there's still some great ideas out there!!!

My came with R1FA016 on o2.

glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 14:24
I've tried mine with and without a task killer and to be very honest I can't say
I noticed any real difference !
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 14:46
@Mwanyoko

Thanks for the information. I'll try this out and report back too.
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 14:57
I have used juice defender... and have been testing over the weekend...

Without Juice Defender battery whent quicker...
Without Juice Defender and Task Killer the same as above...

With Juice Defender I have around 40% remaining in the evening... Most of the things I update manually and make a few calls, surf with 3G and WIFI... Keep 3G on all the time...

Best way I have found is using Juice Defender... which set properly does help out...
Trickois
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-28 16:06
Thanks for the tips guys, will make sure I plug her in and charge the battery fully tonight.

But hopefully I shouldn't suffer too much for not being able to resist having a play with the handset this evening..

Will definitely try Juice Defender too, as have heard others mention it..

Cheers

RH
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 13:40

On 2010-04-13 23:16:47, goldenface wrote:
Found this article posted on SonyInsider regarding the X10 battery life, and things we can do to extend it, apart from ensuring complete charging cycles. Hope you find it useful.

link.

that person in that link is not very well informed.
1) you DON'T increase battery life by discharging and then chargign it fully
2) you WON'T increase battery life by using task managers unless you use it specifically to kill off apps that are known to stay in the background (rather than go into cache memory) and use the internet or the sensor or whatever in the background. people seem to be under the illusion that freeing up as much memory as possible is a good thing and is going to increase battery life and speed - IT DOESN'T. it actually has the reverse effect by killing off apps that are going to use the battery far more - they're only going to use even more battery life by having to start up again
[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2010-05-01 12:42 ]
end0rphine
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 16:45
Was wondering how long it took other users to completely recharge their x10s. I've had mine plugged into the computer for 3 hours from complete discharge, and only recharged to 60% thus far... That's way too long isn't it?
TJMonkey15
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 17:29
I'm fairly certain (correct me if I'm wrong though) that the phone will charge somewhat significantly slower via USB than plugged into the wall. 3 hours to 60% may not be too abnormal.

The battery life on my X10 improved quite a bit just from turning off the GPS. I didn't realize that leaving turned on would eat much juice when I wasn't using any programs that utilized GPS.
Deadmon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 18:01
Cross posting from xda:

Got my x10a from Rogers last week, ran one full discharge on it.
Unplugged Monday morning around 7:40 am, and it finally drained Wednesday around 9 pm. That's an astounding 62ish hours! I disabled some background services, not many though. I had wifi on after work, (5pm to about 7am next morning), did some heavy surfing and app downloading, and even fiddled a bit with GPS and Google on Tuesday. I made about 4 calls in those 3 days, which is why it lasted longer than it should've, but I'm still damn impressed.

Overall the battery has been impressive for me (at least from reading reviews on forums) since day 1. I continue to fully discharge the phone everytime.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi