Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Xperia X2 - supposed for Business users

12  Next
Author Xperia X2 - supposed for Business users
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
X2 was advertised as a phone for business users, so I bought it almost 2 months ago. I won't discuss all stability and performance issues as I hope they will be solved with next update (MR1 was a healthy step forward, not enough however). My biggest dissapointment arrive when I try to pair X2 with my car audio/hends free system (All Mercedes Benz models since 2005 to the latest ones are equipped with the same one - option code 386 + Bluetooth remote SIM Access profile module) and guess what ... it didn't work ! The reason ? Xperia X2 lacks rSAP - remote Sim access profile.

No, it's NOT the Windows Mobile 6.5 issue - ALL HTC phones from HD2 to every 2-3 years old models have installed natively and work flawlessly with Mercedes cars. All NOKIA phones (including the simple ones, not only smartphones) also have rSAP profile and work/pair without a glitch. Even the iPhone have it and also works !
But not Xperia X2, who's market target are used to be a business users! Guess what - pretty signifficant share of so called business users drive Mercedes cars. So even if they bought Xperia X2 either by mistake or because they were happy with their previous Sony Erricson phone - all of them (me included) face the dilema of what to replace: The car or The phone ?

Guess what most of them will decide...
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 21:27
The slide down continues. Come on SE fans, help this person resolve this problem, he has my sympathies, look at the amount of forum posts these days, less and less, perhaps we are now looking more and more at the alternatives.
Mr486
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 22:28
My X2 works with my Ford Mondeo 2007 also for SIM data via bluetooth - yes it takes some time to browse the +1000 contacts but it works. My P1i did not work with this car though - the system is produced by sony by the way

Have you checked for any third party application - if you are a nokia user you need special software for my ford...
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 08:58

On 2010-04-07 22:28:27, Mr486 wrote:
My X2 works with my Ford Mondeo 2007 also for SIM data via bluetooth - yes it takes some time to browse the +1000 contacts but it works. My P1i did not work with this car though - the system is produced by sony by the way

Have you checked for any third party application - if you are a nokia user you need special software for my ford...

Yes, I have check with several third party application (several .cabs from different HTC models) - unfortunatelly it didn't work (despite cabs were installed successfully). I guess X2 bluetooth chipset have some differences - as example one of the cabs work natively with X1, but X1 was a 1:1 copy of HTC Kovsky. I really wonder how your X2 work with Ford Mondeo as X2 DO NOT have rSAP profile at all - probably it just use Mondeo audio as regular bluetooth handset - so you can hear the voice calls, but this it NOT full rSAP functionallity which is something complettely different. With rSAP - you phone goes in sleep/standby mone and "borrow" his SIM to the build in car phone system so car use his expernal antenna, his own amplifyer, phonebook/e-mails are synchronized etc etc... It's whole new functionallity (a great one!) but to use it - you need either NOKIA or HTC phone...
It is important and very convenient function if you are businesmann or executive who travel a lot...
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-10 10:55
@TimeKiller

Be nice to yourself.
Save yourself time and frustration.

Smash X2 to the wall and purchase a proper device.
HTC, whatever.

Really, it will be easier for you.
a w a r e
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 11:40
I never thought I'd see the day when doministry is fed with SE!

They sure know how to piss us off, don't they? I, personally, think SE have found the OS they will be great on and that is Android.

However, and since Microsoft has decided to be strict on hardware on windows phone 7 maybe SE will come good.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-10 12:02

On 2010-04-10 11:40:41, Dups! wrote:
I never thought I'd see the day when doministry is fed with SE!

They sure know how to piss us off, don't they? I, personally, think SE have found the OS they will be great on and that is Android.

However, and since Microsoft has decided to be strict on hardware on windows phone 7 maybe SE will come good.

Hehe as we know each other here for years

Yes! I never thought I will post something like that!

But they finally found a way to piss me off.
This is beyond anything - they are SO RUDE!!!!
a w a r e
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 12:09
Sorry for your troubles, man.

Hopefully, the phone will be a joy to use when the 6.5.5 is available next month assuming you will still have the phone with you cause you really sound like you've had it with it.

Good luck!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-10 14:28

On 2010-04-10 12:09:19, Dups! wrote:
Sorry for your troubles, man.

Hopefully, the phone will be a joy to use when the 6.5.5 is available next month assuming you will still have the phone with you cause you really sound like you've had it with it.

Good luck!

WM 6.5.3 actually....

Well I absolutely don't imagine struggling another 2 months
with 600 Euro device!!!
No way!

I think SE is reaaaaaly crappy manufacturer.
Something is really wrong inside.
The more I watch more surprised I am.
The unconsistency of their decisions and quality issues
are astonishing.

I actually wish them die this year
and release some market space for REALLY passionate manufacturers.

SE is just a dumb f**k right now.

P.S.
I bet the same crap situation will sooner or later come to X10 too.
a w a r e
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 15:18
^ after just your experience the X2? You should've tried K850, you would be feeling VERY nervous to get another SE, like i am,anyway lets wait and see how vivaz and X10 go.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-10 17:27

On 2010-04-10 15:18:27, Tsepz_GP wrote:
^ after just your experience the X2? You should've tried K850, you would be feeling VERY nervous to get another SE, like i am,anyway lets wait and see how vivaz and X10 go.

Pity I didn't buy that long time ago haha

I'd know better which fckn sh..t to avoid!

I hope will pass way this year, really!
a w a r e
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 14:00
I created a Facebook-group for those who are unhappy with their X2 and it's quality & performance. Please join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 17:16

On 2010-04-13 14:00:46, rene wrote:
I created a Facebook-group for those who are unhappy with their X2 and it's quality & performance. Please join: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269

Joined!
a w a r e
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-18 21:42
@doministri - It's a good advise, however I trade it (X2) with my wife (She loved the design and hardware keyboard) and take her NOKIA 5800 which pair smoothly with my car and besides hardware keyboard have all the other features so it's a good temporary solution until I find my new phone, but this time I promise my self to be more careful...

@rene - sorry buddy, but I don't use facebook at all therefore can't join (otherwise I'd like to). Almost everybody I know is using facebook and almost all of them are wasting a lot of time playing that stupid games there... so I promissed that I won't do it
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-27 12:55

On 2010-04-18 21:42:33, TimeKiller wrote:
@rene - sorry buddy, but I don't use facebook at all therefore can't join (otherwise I'd like to). Almost everybody I know is using facebook and almost all of them are wasting a lot of time playing that stupid games there... so I promissed that I won't do it

LOL! Yeah, facebook is a real time-wasting site if you start playing around with those games.. I don't do that..

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi