Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > sony ericsson satio problem

Author sony ericsson satio problem
dazy31
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-04 13:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hiya guys,, if ive posted this in the wrong section i do appologise,,, basicly i damaged my phone (was a bit drunk an had a little fall) i smashed the l.c.d screen an damaged the slider lock button on the side of the housing,, any ways when i contacted my insurance company i found out that i wasnt insured with that phone,, i was still insured with my old phone,, how was i supposed to know to contact them,, anyways,, i got hold of a brand new l.c.d screen (£49) an new rear housing (£15).. fitted it all myself,, an guess wot,, it all came on perfect... but wouldnt unlock???? i remove all the housing again an on the circuit were the lock chip is theres a little prong on the side that slides in and out... well the plastic bit has snapped of completely... so basicly i need a new chip ???? but i havent got a clue were to get one from ?? ive looked all over the net for seperate chips an stuff but to no avail.. ive only had the phone since november.. ive tried a few local mobile repair shops were i live but they wont touch it.. any help would be most grateful ...
seldonbilly
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-20 08:29
I have a Satio which was always hanging up on messages and other apps., wouldnt connect to internet etc. Went to the SE site and followed the instructions to upgrade the operating system.Updated mine and my girlfriends Satio.. Both phones was MUCH faster after update.. Mine is the black one, and i had problems with slow and touch screen.. She have the red one.. No big problems. Only slow.. But now everything is much better..
tomalgaja
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-29 16:14
The Sony Ericsson Satio has enjoyed something of a rollercoaster ride. Released just in time for Christmas 2009, the initial batch was so appallingly bad that it was withdrawn from sale by all of the main UK retailers. Sony Ericsson worked hard to fix the bugs, and it seems that the latest version does what it says on the tin. We've modified our review to reflect the ups and downs of the Satio, but we're now confident that the phone works.

Lincoln LS
mrefc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-08 08:23

On 2010-04-04 13:59:01, dazy31 wrote:
hiya guys,, if ive posted this in the wrong section i do appologise,,, basicly i damaged my phone (was a bit drunk an had a little fall) i smashed the l.c.d screen an damaged the slider lock button on the side of the housing,, any ways when i contacted my insurance company i found out that i wasnt insured with that phone,, i was still insured with my old phone,, how was i supposed to know to contact them,, anyways,, i got hold of a brand new l.c.d screen (£49) an new rear housing (£15).. fitted it all myself,, an guess wot,, it all came on perfect... but wouldnt unlock???? i remove all the housing again an on the circuit were the lock chip is theres a little prong on the side that slides in and out... well the plastic bit has snapped of completely... so basicly i need a new chip ???? but i havent got a clue were to get one from ?? ive looked all over the net for seperate chips an stuff but to no avail.. ive only had the phone since november.. ive tried a few local mobile repair shops were i live but they wont touch it.. any help would be most grateful ...

my suggestion would be downloading a different app to lock the phone. then you wont need to use the slide lock. there are plenty around. i have an iphone lock on mine that unlocks with the 'slider' panel
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi