Forum > Network operators > Europe > The Replacement phone

12  Next
Author The Replacement phone
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-28 05:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Last week I took my Tocco Ultra into Vodafone for repair as it was not holding the charge and running out extremely fast within 4-5hrs from full charge even tho I just sent a few messages and browsed net between intervals. So in the wk Voda text telling me the scoop on myphone it got there then came back Wednesday, so I went to collect it yesterday Saturday, and was told it hadnt been fixed there was alot of notes on it and the adviser said he needed to wait till the other lady who dealt with me was in to findout the scoop on it, he also said it could need replaced with a new one lol! My eyes lite up when he said that, if im given a replacement handset is there anyway I can ask for something different to the phone ive already got? The tocca is a nicephone but im unsure why it needs a brand new battery every 6 months lol any advice fire away peeps

Edit...

Vodafone have told me that I can either be sent a New Tocca Ultra in the post, or I can go into store and choose another phone there allowing me to upgrade early
[ This Message was edited by: Miss UK on 2010-03-29 12:47 ]
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-28 08:53
Probably not because that model is still available on the market. They are not obliged to give you something else but you could try. Try pointing out that the same problems happen each time. But i can see them saying no but you can try ya don't ask ya don't get as they say. Just tell them you have had the phone for a while now and if you have a new one the same thing will more than likely happen again. Ask for an iphone lol and good luck i hope ya get it but if not at least you will get a new one.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-28 19:34
That iPhone is far to much Bono, I wont be asking for a exchange for one of them lol! I was kinda thinking of asking them for one of there 360 handsets, they have 3x nice Samsung handsets in there shop! But if its a no I can make do with a new tocca lol!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 13:48
Im gonna miss my tocca
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 16:59
Ah bless ya. I know when you have had a certain phone for sometime i guess it becomes a companion. Not that i would know i never keep one phone long enough. By the way them 360 Samsung phones are of nice quality but some reviews have said the menus are confusing. It might be just certain people though you may be ok with them. They look nice decent features and gorgeous screen quality. Good luck.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 04:25
After looking at phones of different shapes n all I went for a X6 nearly had a 360 Samsung however battery issues with my Tocca clearly put me of emm for now haha
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 04:36
Good choice, hope you'll enjoy it .

It's a good thing, you didn't pick one of the 360 phones, in case of the 360 H1, I've read many complaints about the software, slow, laggy and often freezing.
H1's hardware seems to be o.k., though : good camera, beautiful screen.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 09:20
X6 is a nice phone, however when it comes to quality Samsung do it best Nokia seem to be in recession mode using cheap plastic check out that N96 from while back Samsung 360 phones are brill Marley, there v.fast would recommend u have a look
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 09:51
Ah the x6 nice one I would not mind that myself. Did you get the 16 gig one or did they not push it that far? At least you got a new phone. And yes I have no idea why Nokia keep building their music range phones with poor cheap plastic.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 11:12
Its the white one with 16gb, didnt know there were 2 of them till marley mentioned lol its a nicephone I thought I wouldnt find it annoying without a keypad but its ok! Im now trapped 24mths with it lol but ive got more mins and texts that I orig had! Voda are really good allowing me to change phone early, my tocca was a 24mth deal to but I had it 12mths! Apparently the battery I got buggered it up they think, even tho it said genuine to.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 11:20
I had a 5530xm a while ago i have no problems with Symbian touch while others say its confusing. I have no idea why i find it ok. Its pretty speedy now too. The screens are nice quality too on them phones although shit in sunlight. You have a good camera too on that.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 11:28
Personally its a N95 with a touchscreen to me B, its my 1st Nokia touch it will do me and atleast the battery should be better than my Tocca im guna miss that tho. If the Tocca had amazing battery life and more in built memory plus wi-fi it would be the best phone about!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 11:59
Yes indeed I loved my jet but it was not perfect but what phone is eh? Anyway I gotta go out now catch ya laters
Phone?? What phone??
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 16:56
They will, they did to me. Demand another phone and don't take the bollocks about the value of the other phone being more. I got it, they said a HTC Magic was more expensive than a Satio 2 weeks after it came out.
They wont, I repeat they wont let you have a BlackBerry or iphone because they are completely different tarrifs, and you wont have to renew either, say that one is faulty and you are not providing the service
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 18:19
Hi getting a phone of them was no problem luke I could ave anything but would have to play by the line rental lol voda rang me earlier offering a deal for my friends £10 tariff 300mins unlim text with a Samsung Genio slide anyone here want this deal? There ringing me back tomoz to findout if anyones interested!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi