Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

Previous  123 ... 313233  Next
Author Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 19:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I really love this phone. First shots with my new toy and im very very pleased with the sharpness and focus. Many shots i just fired away today but the focus seems very accurate. This is very important for a mobilephone cam i think.

The Led ofcourse sucks and maybe gives some help in less than 1m away but i didnīt expect otherwise. I felt the HTC Legends led was a bit stronger but still quite useless on longer distances.

Colours are a bit "pale" in auto and i personally like a little bit darker pics and some more "punch" to them but this is so easy to adjust afterwards in pc or on the phone using the photoshop app

If we lover the Ev adjustment to around -0,7 / -1.0 the story is very different and the pics gets darker and more lively colourwise.

Taken through car window.

Here i used ev -1 to get some more "punch"

Ev 0 here, might have been better with ev -0,7 but still ok

tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 19:31
Awesome!

Can you do some night shots?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:03
Amazing quality pitzon, but photos taken by you always show great quality, despite the camera
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:20
Matt you were right. Pitzon's pics were better than someone else' I seen on here which means the photographer matters
Phone?? What phone??
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:23
Yeah, it wasn't the iPhone

Waiting for night shots
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:27

On 2010-04-07 20:20:28, Bonovox wrote:
Pitzon's pics were better than someone else' I seen on here which means the photographer matters

Yep

Waiting for night shots

Me too, it'll be interesting to see how the camera deals with low light, i bet it's gonna perform quite well with not much noise, like most recent cameras
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:36
Thanks guys, but i donīt do anything. Just p & s

See if i can manage some low lights, i just updated the thing so now all my settings and contacts and apps are history and i must spend some hours again to customize it. On this area SE have tons to learn from Apple

rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 21:25
Anyone notice that as soon as you turn on image stabilisation the post processing is all blurry and horrible close up.
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 21:49
Havenīt noticed that because i donīt use it, only my steady hands

Ev -1 on most pics, huge difference compared to auto

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-09 22:55
Nice pics Pitzon but what application you are using post image processing? i mean you are using some editor program image here appears as ACD and you know tell me that firmware you using in your x10? One more thing have you experienced any app camera for android? current firmware is 1.0.B.0.5_12307 is the same that your?
Anyway Awesome pics
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 22:58
I guess he used the ACD to resize the pics.
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 23:21
Ofcourse my pics are unedited and straight from the phone. It would be dumb to edit pics here and improve them i think.

I just rezise them in ACD See to 1024x768 to make it a bit more user friendly. I think this is an "enough" size to judge the image quality quite well.

The only edit i made on these above is the registration number on the Green car. I didnīt want to show everyone that because itīs a little special car.

I uploaded some of the originals here http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?make=SEMC&model=X10i

I have the 1.0.16 firmware.. R1FA016.. Well the latest i guess

I have only found the photoshop app and i have played around with it a bit. Works quite well and you can adjust some things. Often the pics gets a little bright as i said and it can make a difference to darken them a tiny bit. But if you want to edit pics there is nothing that beats working on the computer.

Trickois
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 22:03
Pitzon:

These photos are great, especially the Focus RS and the keyboard.... I am really pleased as I have heard mixed reviews about the cam on here, and love my C905.

Please do post som low-light/nighttime ones soon, as this is now my only concern, due to the photolight solution.

Thanks.
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 23:12
I donīt think the x10 stands a chance compared to the c905 even in bright conditions outdoors and so but it seems to be the best Android cam so far in good light.

The led totally sucks as i said earlier. Maybe will do some difference on extremely short range and macro shots but i havent tried it out that much. The Legend has a much stronger flash but itīs hard to get nice shots with that one also because it has such problems focusing in the dark. Itīs much better than the x10 and quite useful but not even close to a xenon flash like c905, n82, c901

I rate the x10 as totally useless regarding flash photos. But the thing is that i personally rate all led-flashes as quite useless anyway in reality. Even the n86 sucks in real life situations and is only useful in "non moving scenerys". The problem is that led uses a long exposure time and gets all people blurred out like ghosts if they move. With a real xenon flash you get shorter exposure times and you can really use your cam on partys and situations like that.

Personally i prefer good quality in well lit situations above semibad results in all conditions. Itīs a matter of personal taste i guess. I love the x10 and the big screen, the web experience, youtube in good quality and so on.

I dont know if the flash will improve in the future with 2.1. I have read somewhere that it isnīt possible to control the flash in Android 1.6. If the led is the same as in Legend, N1, Desire i think we will se the same result the day firmware gets updated but i have no clue.

x10 a few meters distance

x10 close around 1 metre

Htc legend does the trick. This is a very seldom thing to happen though that it focuses well. Maybe 1 of 7-8 of the shots gets this well focused but still lightyears better than x10.

domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-11 00:41
Wow Pitzon, those are pretty great pics
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic