Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio Text Message Light and Vibration

Author Satio Text Message Light and Vibration
Darkn3ss
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-24 20:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all again!

Something i've noticed and can't seem to figure out. Usually when my phone is on silent and i get a text, the phone vibrates and the green LED flashes to notify me.
However since last week, and for no apparent reason, it no longer vibrates or flashes the LED while in silent mode!
I've checked the silent profile settings and all seems well... Can't work it out!?

Ta!
PawCat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-24 21:39
There is a bug where if you change the location of saved messages from C: ( which is the phone memory ) to E: which is the memory card the green led stops flashing . Not sure if this also effects vibrate though....

check messages - options - settings - other - memory in use
Darkn3ss
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-24 22:31
Dude you're awesome. thanks! I did indeed change my save location, just changed it back et voila!
Thanks again
PawCat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-25 00:05
Good news. Glad it worked out
StreamJunkie
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 21:59
Just had the same bug happen to me, however I've always had my messages on my E: drive, and always had the LED alert.

However I switched the sound files I used for alerts from E to C, and now no matter what I do I can't get the LED alert back unless I switch my messages to C.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Just noticed that vibrating alert isn't working now either.
[ This Message was edited by: StreamJunkie on 2010-04-07 21:00 ]
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 22:25
I have noticed a bug in the same area. I have changed the save location to E: simply because there is more space left on my 16 GB memory card than there is on the phone memory, but sometimes, it switches back to C: by itself.
StreamJunkie
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 22:33
What I dont understand, is it was working for me fine a few days ago.

Others are saying it's a bug, which confuses me, as the previous week I completely wiped my phone to debrand and install the fresh firmware, so any bug I should have inherited.

But as I've said, the LED & vibration whilst messages were on E was all fine & dandy up until the other day.

EDIT: I've reflashed my phone, and it's still the same. The vibration & LED alert works for Emails & Configuration Texts, but not regular Text Messages.

Starting to wonder if I'm wrong and it didn't work, but don't see why I'd notice something not working if it had been like that all along! =)
[ This Message was edited by: StreamJunkie on 2010-04-08 02:14 ]
eve_
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-30 16:29
Hey i am eve and i vame from germany i can not good english but you has written this text ...

There is a bug where if you change the location of saved messages from C: ( which is the phone memory ) to E: which is the memory card the green led stops flashing . Not sure if this also effects vibrate though....

check messages - options - settings - other - memory in use

..and i done this and the vibration doesnt works .. um do you know who this work? thank you and sorry for this bad english
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi