Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > Unlimited 02 Data (again)

Author Unlimited 02 Data (again)
gregpot2000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 18:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ok, so what really is going on here? I just rung to change my tariff, and told the lady I had seen a letter posted on here from someone that got warned by 02 for going over the limit, but yet she was still adamant that no usage limit or even fair usage cap existed, no matter how much I pressed the matter and said I had actually seen a scanned document!
Her only response to that was that this person may have been on an outdated tariff from years ago before it was introduced.

SO can anyone clear up once and for all weather this limit actually exists on tariffs now a days?
Greggy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 18:51
I would suggest that if the goverment . Was so evasive with the true facts. Telling half truths. Or just acting dump. Theyd be out on there ear. The payngo customer services are clueless with regards internet matters

This message was posted from a N82
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-16 19:31
I used O2 Pay monthly Simplicity for many years without a problem, then in September last year I signed up to a 12 month contract remaining on Simplicity, it was 2 months after that I started getting the letters and texts and actually cut off.

It took many a phone call of many hours talking to many people to get the actual figure the data is set at, being 250MB surprisingly enough despite 2 managers confirming the figure neither of them were prepared to put it in writing, I wish I had recorded the calls but without their prior consent it would have been futile.

It's a pity the government can't put their foot down on mobile companies selling 'unlimited' data with limits or should I say 'fair usage policies' like they did with ISP's a few years back.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for my data, but when you are miss sold something it hurts a little, even if O2 were more upfront and actually displayed the figure for their limit as Orange and T-Mobile do it would be better for consumers trying to make informed choices.
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 19:37
forget O2 im with three uk pay as you go i top by 10 a month and i get the monthly Internet add on for £5 it gives me 2GB of allowance thats right it gives me 2GB of allowance not 250mb
gregpot2000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 19:41
HI There

I have seen your letter, this is why everything is so confusing for me

I have had a look at their website, and the policy I have just signed upto and it does clearly state "unlimited", so surely they dont really have a leg to stand on sending you letters like that? I know it says
"◦to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
◦in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. "

But to be honest I wouldnt expect them to write to you unless you had gone over 5gb or something, which most of us will never do on a mobile, but they are stupid to say that 250gb would adversely impact service to other customers, especially in the days of modern smart phones.

Data Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and Blackberry Bolt On Terms for mobile web usage
1.The Web Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On allows you unlimited use of Telefónica O2 UK Limited‘s Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
◦in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
◦to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
◦in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
Wi-Fi Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On Terms for Wi-Fi usage

•The Wi-Fi Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On allows you unlimited use of The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network (and for iPhone users the use of the BT Openzone Wireless LAN network) for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
•BlackBerry Internet Solution from O2 Unlimited allows you to send and receive as many emails as you like, surf the web using the BlackBerry browser and via O2 Active WAP browsing, get unlimited use of Yahoo!® Messenger instant messaging and download satellite navigation services in the UK only. On non RIM manufactured devices (BlackBerry Connect devices) web browsing depends on the browser you use. Some devices use O2 Mobile Web which is charged at an additional £1 per MB. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
•in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
•to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
•in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers or customers of The Cloud.
If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Wi-Fi Bolt On from your account or disconnect your SIM or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-16 20:00
Oh for god sake.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 20:21
it's been renamed oh dear can these threads be banned? I got an answer DON'T BOTHER WITH O2 THEY ARE A CRAP DATA NETWORK ANYWAY
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-03-16 19:22 ]
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 20:45
I asked an O2 shop staff member about this a couple of weeks back when i was trying to get a Satio on PAYG (already knowing the answer anyway).

For once i was completely shell shocked by what he said. He confirmed there is and always has been a fair usage policy on all O2 data plans. Why did this come as a shock ? because usually network staff members do not know a damn thing. But this guy knew all about the network, and more importantly all about the phones he was actually selling. Maybe he was a mobile phone geek ?

But back to the point, if you ask anyone from O2 nine times out of ten they havent a clue and simply say there is no such limit. There is. Its a fact. He knew it and for once i found his depth of knowledge refreshing since i already knew it. You'll get the odd doubter or member of O2 try to tell you there isnt but they're either misinformed or misguided.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
number1
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-03-16 23:03
A couple of years ago o2 cut me off at 200mb, there 3g coverage was awful i just changed networks, if you want to use alot of data then go with 3UK , they will give you 125mb free just for topping up each time, and £5 buys 1gig for the month, or if you want to use more they have mobile broadband packages up to 7gig you can buy with your credit.
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-17 11:45

On 2010-03-16 20:45:52, etaab wrote:
I asked an O2 shop staff member about this a couple of weeks back when i was trying to get a Satio on PAYG (already knowing the answer anyway).

For once i was completely shell shocked by what he said. He confirmed there is and always has been a fair usage policy on all O2 data plans. Why did this come as a shock ? because usually network staff members do not know a damn thing. But this guy knew all about the network, and more importantly all about the phones he was actually selling. Maybe he was a mobile phone geek ?

But back to the point, if you ask anyone from O2 nine times out of ten they havent a clue and simply say there is no such limit. There is. Its a fact. He knew it and for once i found his depth of knowledge refreshing since i already knew it. You'll get the odd doubter or member of O2 try to tell you there isnt but they're either misinformed or misguided.

Lol, so let me get this straight, you've heard one thing from everyone else at O2 and something else from ONE guy in an O2 shop, and you believe him because he gave you the answer you wanted to hear? Yup, that sounds like a balanced decision to me.

I don't even bother to argue with threads like this, you're all so hillarious it just makes me smile to read this BS now.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-17 11:52

On 2010-03-17 11:45:34, Daedalus85 wrote:

I don't even bother to argue with threads like this, you're all so hillarious it just makes me smile to read this BS now.

Even with the physical proof I have posted you still deny that there is a limit ('fair usage policy') on the data usage, you are either blinkered or enjoy making a fool of yourself.

I know there are plenty of people out there who enjoy using a lot of data without being cut off, I did for well over 12 months before I signed up for the 12 month contract.

But the FACT remains there is a limit, that limit has been confirmed to be at 250MB as that is when the text message is triggered and I subsequently get cut off, this has been confirmed by a number of staff at O2.

If you are so sure of yourself and your information is the only information we should be hearing, please explain why I keep getting cut off and put your money where your mouth is and pull a few strings and get it sorted so I don't get cut off again, or simply let us who are affected by this limitation try and sort it for ourselves without your ridicule and accusations that we are making it up.....
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-03-23 12:21
@ Daedalus85 - No not at all. I believe it to be true through personal experience and the undoubtable proof given by O2.

See the thing which really gets to me is people like yourself. I have no problem with your opinion but for some reason you know otherwise to myself. I've come across this quite alot, regarding O2. So im coming to the conclusion for some customers the unlimited data might be unlimited, whilst for many others it is not.

Possibly unlimited for long term users but for anyone signing up they have a limit. Im guessing ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic