Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > EQ for Satio out on Play Now.

Previous  1234  Next
Author EQ for Satio out on Play Now.
adnhk1
P990
PM
Posted: 2010-03-17 11:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Finally! One of my major complain to SE is that the Satio lacks an EQ (with MEGA BASS!) which is available even on all older generations of UIQ smartphones. Even though it is not integrated into the Media Player, at least the setting is saved once set, even after you quit from the EQ app (not Hide).

Am not sure what head phones most are using in this forum, but Mega Bass works excellently when paired with a HPM-64 (the ear phone with Bass Reflex wording on it). Just put on the ear phone with one of those cheapo little sponge that wraps around the 2 ear phones and you will be enjoying music with very decent bass. I find this better than HPM-82 (in ear type) and HPM-85.

Anyway, let's hope this is the first step in SE's effort to make Satio a much better all rounder device than initially released. Perhaps they may integrate this EQ into the Media Player in the next firmware release.

Enjoying Mega Bass music while typing this reply HaHa!
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-03-17 12:03
good solution and forward step from ... next i would like have modded this application.
bckku1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-17 12:22
this EQ also has effect on the video playing.
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-17 14:06
Yes, it is good and works well pretty much with all the sound or video devices.

I am now wondering (which I need to test in my next call) if this little wonder app also having effect on the voice calls. I think it should because it is somehow capturing the audio outout so irrespective of what app is using the audio output gets the effect of the EQ.

Anyone any thoughts on this ?
sunyee
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-17 14:46
Shldn't be.. Theoretically audio output from telephone and music/video is different. You could try though.. See if girls sound more manly with bass.
anders260
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-17 14:52
http://blogs.sonyericsson.com[....]plication-for-satio-and-vivaz/
Sator1973
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-22 02:24
Volume seems to drop in all settings. So to me it's not really usefull untill overall volume on Satio can be raised (a lot). Something like Soundmodlite (uiq3) would be very welcome here on my Satio. With SML on my late G900 even my largest headset gave me more than enough volume and great dynamics and quality. And, on topic, the equaliser made sense.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-22 12:47
surely it can't be that hard to boost the volume, I guess it will come eventually, would be willing to give a tip to the person that cracks it, I'm sure others would too
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-03-22 18:00

On 2010-03-16 20:40:18, gola wrote:
Doesn't work on my firmware

It works now
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-23 04:35
I remember when DB2020,DB3150,DB3210 was unhackeable...
All we can do now is be patient...
I hope soon anybody will post a solution for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Luhccas-U1a on 2010-03-23 03:36 ]
is a lifestyle!
Pigeo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 23:58
In reply to what adnhk1 said :

have you tried to use an HPM-82 or HPM-85 on the Satio ?

I bought an HPM-82 on ebay, but it doesn't seem to work correctly with my Satio.

(for the remote, the play button and volume buttons work for 2 or 3 times, and then they stop working at all ; and for the headset, it is not detected and thus the sound continues to pass throught the internal speaker even when the headset is connected)

I tested the same headset on my old k750i and it seems to work perfectly with it.

I'm wondering if anybody on this forum has tried to use an HPM-82 or HPM-85 on a Satio ? If so, could you please give us your results (did it work ? or not ?).

I find it very annoying to have to unlock the keyboard each time I want to set the volume up/down... And on SE's catalog there are no longer any cable stereo headset with a remote control and a Jack 3.5... what a pity... the only choices left are an expensive bluetooth headset or the also expensive HPM-88 (that has no Jack 3.5 btw).
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-15 07:51

On 2010-03-16 19:54:39, masada1971 wrote:
installed it but doesnt seem to change anything..no equalizer in media player,nothing...

Apparently, the media player does not have a plugin feature for additions like equalizer. That would be the place that I would like the equalizer to appear anyway. Maybe in a future FW release when the media player is upgraded.

Anyway, look in the "My Programs" folder, you will find the equalizer there.
alexherdea
W200 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-30 22:01

On 2010-04-14 23:58:32, Pigeo wrote:

I bought an HPM-82 on ebay, but it doesn't seem to work correctly with my Satio.

(for the remote, the play button and volume buttons work for 2 or 3 times, and then they stop working at all ; and for the headset, it is not detected and thus the sound continues to pass throught the internal speaker even when the headset is connected)

I tested the same headset on my old k750i and it seems to work perfectly with it.

I'm wondering if anybody on this forum has tried to use an HPM-82 or HPM-85 on a Satio ? If so, could you please give us your results (did it work ? or not ?).

I find it very annoying to have to unlock the keyboard each time I want to set the volume up/down... And on SE's catalog there are no longer any cable stereo headset with a remote control and a Jack 3.5... what a pity... the only choices left are an expensive bluetooth headset or the also expensive HPM-88 (that has no Jack 3.5 btw).

it's true, the same happend to me today, when i bought a now pair of HPM 82 and thet DIDN't work on Satio (same as ur's)
but i don't understand why? a few clicks work, and then suddenly doesn't respond
Could this be repaired by a new firmware or by a hack or smth?
Pato1011
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:27

On 2010-04-30 22:01:03, alexherdea wrote:

On 2010-04-14 23:58:32, Pigeo wrote:

it's true, the same happend to me today, when i bought a now pair of HPM 82 and thet DIDN't work on Satio (same as ur's)
but i don't understand why? a few clicks work, and then suddenly doesn't respond
Could this be repaired by a new firmware or by a hack or smth?

Curious... 2 days ago, i called Sony Ericsson Support in México and they told me that the HPM-82 only works on Walkman phones, that they aren,t compatible with Satio, i think that is for the different OS (A-100, A-200 - Symbian), i´m planning to buy some Bluetooth headset.

Greetings. Mike
Raheen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-04 07:08
can someone please download equilizer for satio nd send it to me by mail please
my email id is raheen248@yahoo.com
please this is not available for my country
please give me this favour....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi