Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Opera Mini 5 official discussion [Latest is 5.1.22296]

Author Opera Mini 5 official discussion [Latest is 5.1.22296]
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-08 14:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Updated the thread.

@Tsepz_GT thanks for the output. will test it in a bit.

sheesh! too busy in school...
"Tell me what you have and I'll tell you who you are."
K700>G502>N82>GT-S5360>U20i>Innos D9
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-31 16:57
The Opera Mini team made an update release on July 27, 2010.

From the OM Blog:
---
Minor Opera Mini 5.1 Update

By Marian H. Tuesday, 27. July 2010, 08:52:51
Opera Mini 5.1 Java and Blackberry clients have been updated to re-activate the dialogs removed by last week's minor server update.

To download this update, please visit http://m.opera.com/

As always, we welcome your feedback in our forum, and please report any bugs in our bug report wizard. Thanks!

Regards,
The Opera Mini Team
---

The version/build number is 5.1.21214

[FOLLOW-UP]
The OM team recommends Opera Mini users doing the so-called clean install when updating to the latest build.
1) Delete the current build of OM5.1.
2) To reset the phone heap memory, switch off the device, remove the battery and the SIM for a while.
3) Then reinsert the SIM and the battery and restart the phone and navigate to http://m.opera.com/ using your phone's built in browser.

NOTE: The so-called clean install seems like a useless ritual but it will prevent problems later on.
suresh86
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-31 18:37
it reloads page now even more often. Bad. But i am still using it.
eunice
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 23:56
Is there an opera mini that has auto refresh? so that i dont have to reload the page all the time especially during YM chat.. thanks for the help! ^_^
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-08-01 08:10
Okay thanks pinkboy for updation information. Just installed the new build.

Let me tell you my honest views about this v5.1. Opera has made a good version that is fast enough but one thing that i have observed is, you cannot load two or more web pages at a same time in different tabs. It would load 1st first then 2nd then 3rd and so on. While downloading big files, the browsing gets very slow. This was not the case with v5.0 or beta. We were able to load many pages at a sametime. I guess thats why v5.0 was bit slower than v5.1

We have to pay something to gain something.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-22 17:36
Thank you very much guys for the feedbacks!

Today, I'll suggest that we should also discuss Opera Mobile 10™ for Sony Ericsson™ Satio™, Vivaz™, and Vivaz Pro™.

Press release for the Opera Mobile™ 10.1 beta for Symbian/60™ Smartphones
---

Put your mobile on the map

Opera releases first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for S60 phones, welcomes testing and feedback

July 15, 2010 — Oslo, Norway

Nokia smartphone owners rejoice! Opera today released the first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian Series 60 phones. Opera Mobile 10.1 beta features accelerated speed and geolocation capabilities. Download the beta directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next.

The best features in Opera Mobile 10.1 beta all reside under the hood, with the powerful Presto rendering engine, Vega graphics library and Carakan JavaScript engine bringing the same engine power to mobile as on desktop.

Support for geolocation puts you and your mobile on the map, so that web services such as maps and travel applications can offer you tailored, relevant content. Your privacy is important, and you decide if and when Opera Mobile will share your location.

Beat the summer heat with these cool features:
  • Opera desktop features, like Speed Dial, Opera Link, password manager, make it easier for you to surf on the go, by reducing the time and effort it takes to get to a website.
  • Tabbed browsing, a virtual keyboard, kinetic scrolling and auto-rotation to landscape make browsing with Opera Mobile easier and a lot more fun.
  • When the network speed makes browsing tough, turn on Opera Turbo. Use our servers to compress webpages on the fly and more than double your browsing speed.

What we say

“Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is a new upgrade, including the latest rendering technologies to boost browsing performance on Symbian Series 60 phones,” said Dag Olav Norem, Vice President, Mobile Products at Opera Software. “Millions of people already use Opera Mobile on their Nokia Series 60 phones and we hope many of them will help us test this new beta.”

Availability

Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is available for smartphones based on Symbian/S60, 3rd and 5th editions. The beta is free to download directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next . To find out more about Opera Mobile, go to http://www.opera.com/mobile/

We love feedback and use your comments to help us improve our products. Please join our forum to submit comments: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=74
---
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2010-08-22 23:54 ]
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-02 09:33
And there is another update a few weeks ago (apologies for the very late update).

---
Opera Mini 5.1 Java Update
By Marian H. Thursday, 18. November, 14:22
The Opera Mini 5.1 Java client have been updated.

General:
- Users on some Russian operator networks experiencing download issues can now use the Opera Mini download manager again.

To download or update to this latest version of Opera Mini 5.1, visit http://m.opera.com/ on your phone or http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/pc/ on your PC.

As always, we welcome your feedback in our forum, and please report any bugs in our bug report wizard. Thanks!

Regards,
The Opera Mini Team
---

Have you guys tested it?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-03 01:40
Downloaded this version now. Wondering if it fixed the bug of double posts or reloading the page again.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-03 03:36
The post editor of the Esato mobile version looks a bit wider using this build.
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-03 07:48
@tranced, re bugs: nope! Got worse when within a low signal coverage are. Re wider post editor: noticed that too.

This version is optimized on feature phones. I got a chance to compare its performance in two phones, a N82, and a G502. It's much faster in the G502.
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-03 13:42
Quote:

On 2010-12-03 03:36:59, tranced wrote:
The post editor of the Esato mobile version looks a bit wider using this build.\\n

No! Laffen widen it. It also looks like that in OM 4.2.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-03 17:13
Oh yes, I'm trying it using Opera Browser too.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic