Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > C902 dialup networking (DUN) tethering problems

Author C902 dialup networking (DUN) tethering problems
hatter
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-03 17:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I recently managed to grab myself a c902 to replace my k850, before they stopped stocking them. I'm trying to use DUN over bluetooth on it, and not having any luck. It's t-mobile branded firmware, I've had the extended lock removed to see if that was causing the issues.

Trying to connect from my PDA with *99***1# brings up the computer icon replacing the bluetooth icon and "Connecting" but eventually times out with connection failure/check your settings/contact your service provider. I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue, so can anyone confirm they're using DUN to connect through their C902 or if they've also had issues ?

Some diagnostics:
Connecting from a laptop using PAN with the phone and t-mob sim is fine.
Connecting from PDA using DUN with t-mob sim in my K850 is fine.
Connecting from PDA with orange sim in C902 gives the same errors as with t-mob sim.
The first APN is the one that came with phone, works with PAN, works with on-phone apps. I've also had t-mob and SE have their configuators send me it, they both looked identical, and failed the same.
I've given it a firmware update using the official SEUS though that's the latest t-mob branded rather than a properly clean image (R3EG004 prg12234452_TMOBILE_AS) ... not that t-mob seem to like the update service, as there's no OTA option in their firmware.

I'm changing ***1 as necessary to pick the correct network settings when swapping sims or supplied settings around, obviously. Not had any issues with this PDA and a raft of SE phones (T68, T610, K750/800/850) doing the same process with various providers over the years.

Anyone shed any light on this ?

thanks
centur
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-03 20:07
Maybe this is your problem:

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > USB > USB network type > choose Phone as modem
hatter
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-07 04:36

On 2010-03-03 20:07:35, centur wrote:
Maybe this is your problem:

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > USB > USB network type > choose Phone as modem

Unfortunately not. Setting USB to modem, to network, or disabling it all don't seem to make any difference to trying it over bluetooth.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi