Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > new satio update released (R2AK006)

Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 525354  Next
Author new satio update released (R2AK006)
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 13:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hm...

Okay then i dont know my movies extensions are .divx and avi files and it play them all. how do you check if it's encoding in mp4 ?? but keep the extension divx?

Drew
adnhk1
P990
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 17:20
Hello Everyone, I've read through the entire thread of 36 pages, and realised there's one bug fix that SE has finally fixed.

SE's Bluetooth Watch (at least the ladies edition) is now 100% working with the Satio! Bought the Allure Edition for my wife last Christmas only to realise it does not work with the Satio for every functions, except vibrating for incoming calls. Called up SE to lodge a complain about this, and seems like they are listening.

Now the watch works flawlessly with the Satio. Vibrate + Contact name display for incoming calls; Vibrate + mailbox icon for incoming SMS; ability to control music vol up/down; ability to skip ffw/rrw for music; ability to show music titles on the watch's LCD screen too!

Two Thumbs Up to SE for fixing this!

One thing which I initially hope SE has also updated, is the Flash Player, but unfortunately, it is still at the old version 2008 (version unknown)... Nokia S60 5th edition phones have already been updated to version 3.1 for N97, 5800, etc! Let's hope SE can listen to us and at least give us the latest version during the next upgrade, since we already knew Vivaz and Vivaz Pro are both running at least Flash Player 3.0 or above.
daz.g
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 19:21
hi everyone, first post on esato. I've been following this thread closely and still havn't upgraded the firmware yet - really don't want to lose the ability to hack ! Bit confused with whether it will still work after the update. Can anyone conclusively say they can still install apps needing a hack AND still use raafats vivaz mod ?? I don't want to take one step forward and one step back..... To be honest i've found my satio to be working great lately anyway but have heard good things from you guys about the new update...
kish
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 20:11
@daz.g if the phone is hacked before the update and you choose the option to update without resetting the telephone the hack remains and so does the vivaz standby screen. I have both working on my phone.

Check out raafat's blog

http://ihack3r.blogspot.com/2[....]-update-to-r2ak006-whilst.html
harvy2001
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 20:11

its a lame update without a doubt...................

so many things not fixed at all - what the hell are they playing at????????

by the time they fix it this model will be obsolete and satio 2 will be out
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 20:39

On 2010-03-12 13:40:34, DrewVL wrote:
Hm...

Okay then i dont know my movies extensions are .divx and avi files and it play them all. how do you check if it's encoding in mp4 ?? but keep the extension divx?

Drew

are you using the program to convert video before transfering to phone ?
The original question as I understand it was a request for an application that plays divx encoded movies on the satio
My answer - there isn't one yet - but maybe there is, can you enlighten us as to what you are doing....thx
micks2005
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 21:49
Hi guys, still waiting to get a clear cut response ... so for music it is the jukebox, but like which one, I guess there would be plenty out there so like which one to get and if you could post the link to it.

As well a good video player and a program that has all the codecs you could install on the satio to play your video files, hassle free.

Just a little note, satio won best cameraphone for the year 2009 & W995 as best musicphone for the year 2009.

Ciao.

Micks ...
RockHell
HTC Wildfire S
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 22:53
Still no sign of the 3UK update yet
RockHell (+12, -0) Ebay - rockhell-2007 ( 148 ) 100%
HTC One X, HTC Wildfire S
hammera
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-12 23:37
Not tried it myself but apparently DivX mobile beta runs but it's S60v3 so you need to install Virtual Keyboard as well.
maplingstori
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-13 02:19
I just got my Satio updated with R2AK007 .. I don't know whether I'm slow posting this.. but just to let you Satio users out there who demands/waiting/bla bla for the update.. So far So Good, they've added in WXGA Video Recording.. Sadly, there was no kinetic scrolling :/
mikely_28
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-03-13 07:31
After 3 days with new FW mine working very fine. All apps still working without any problem.
ricco_tan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-13 11:28
My fon is hacked. But I am reluctant as to wether should I mod to Vivaz first before updating the FM.
Any advise?
For those guys who has vivaz after update, how was it?
adcamb
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-03-13 11:47
Just updated mine. God it's quick! So much new software too. I guess all the people complaining that SE will abandon the handset have been plasantly surprised thistime.

Good work SE! SF^3 one day maybe?
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-13 12:58
This update only improved the phone performance. (Now its finally on the same level than the others). All the issues are still there ...even the predictive text problems (The only explanation is that nobody from SE use Satio) ! SE instead of solved the biggest issues, they only fixed what there wasnt a problem!
Ok this update is better than nothing but still very very far from impressive
Mavonox
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-13 18:33
I was so happy to see that they finally made the phone compatible with the blue tooth watch, it was very frustrating as the watch is relatively expensive and not much use without the phone. However this is not an added feature, it is what i expected when i first purchased the phone, same as an EQ for the music player, a decent facebook application and the sort of battery life i was used to with my other sony ericssons. As good as the firmware update is, it is only sorting out the phones issues, not actually adding more features. Better late than never i suppose.

Are there anymore cool Vivaz .swf background knocking about anywhere? One of the default background (the moving different colour balls shown in the advert) would be pretty sweet.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 525354  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic