Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio vs Vivaz

Author Satio vs Vivaz
deswin93
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 12:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
im curious to know which is better?? im using it as my compact digital camera when i travel, a good music player which enables to put lotsa songs in it.. The satio has a good 12 mp cam with a xenon flash n video light with a 3.5" screen. Besides that, the Vivaz has HD recording and also 720mhz cpu.. i hope SE will cm out with 12 mo with hd recording phone
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 13:28
i would say the satio is better the camera is amazing and there should also be a software update coming out for the satio which will give it features the vivaz has

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

There is currently not a great deal of information on pricing for the new Vivaz, and the upcoming Satio update may include some features included with the Vivaz, however this has not yet been confirmed. Any updates with regards to the Vivaz and Satio update will be documented on the website.

this seems like they will give new Satio feature as if they were not going to give features they wouldn't have of said, 'the upcoming Satio update may include some features included with the Vivaz'.

also the vivaz has a faster cpu @ 720Mhz whereas the satio has a 600Mhz this is the big difference as the cpu for the vivaz is higher as it has to deal with hd recording

i will still go for the satio as it looks better than the vivaz and because of the camera and the media player
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 13:44
xenon flash, nothing else..................if my camera does not have a xenon flash then it is useless, otherwise i'd have to carry a digi camera plus phone, it just negates to point of getting a phone with a good camera, I want my phone to be a total replacement for camera not half way.
Christoforo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 16:49
flash is good for pictures but the vivaz has hd. this is very confusing choice for me also.
corez
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:02
Get none of them. Symbian sucks. I have had my Satio for a couple of months now and Symian seems like a dying ship. Get an Android instead ....
I learn more and more about less and less, until i know everything about nothing.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:19
For me personaly the Vivaz is better,why?
Larger battery
Curved design
Its much lighter at under 100g
3.5mm jack
HD Video recording,with Auto focus
Larger ROM than Satio
And it just generaly fixes most things that were wrong in the Satio eg. No longer having to deal with that awful oversized and outdated Fastport.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 23:19
I got rid of my Satio due to the size and the Symbian OS which I found rather user unfriendly I believe android will be a welcome upgrade
Christoforo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-16 00:00
is symbian really that bad. ive only had an iphone and never a symbian phone. dosnt sound that good for the vivaz anymore
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-16 00:56
Maybe VIvaz.. Satio is to Slowwwwwww...

Satio will be mine last Saymbian phone.. never more symbian
---------------------
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2010-02-16 00:57
Well, my Satio isn't slow at all. And if you're coming from the iPhone, I doubt you'll like the OS very much. Honestly, the only good part is SE's customizations (camera, media and panels).
maplingstori
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-20 17:32
both Satio and Vivaz are good..
-Vivaz (good for HD recording)
-Satio (good for Photography)

-Differences
Satio - Laggy (understood, I have one but hey, atleast Sony's paying alot of attention regarding the bugs and trying to fix them, and who knows, the next update could change the whole aspect of a Satio)

Vivaz - Yea, no doubt, it's not as laggy as Satio but Photography wise, it will never beat the Satio, why? (Xenon VS LED, which is awesomer) xD, but Vivaz rules in HD video recording..

-Don't say the Satio sucks, it's actually all about your preferences, Iphone doesn't suck because it has been coded properly, the OS is perfect. ever thought of "what if" the Satio and Vivaz have Iphone's OS? You know, i know..
I rest my case.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-02-20 18:05
@maplingstori
Isn't Vivaz good for photgraphy? And isn't Vivaz as laggy as Satio?

I do not agree with you regarding the Xenon vs LED issue. If you are talking good light conditions, neither Xenon or LED is good. Xenon is slightly better. But it is still a poor mans light. 9 out of 10 images captured with a mobile phone are taken without a flash anyway.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi