Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > W995 - Can't use flash themes?

Author W995 - Can't use flash themes?
Arno_Nym
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-05 18:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi there,

I hope that there is someone who can help me. I've got a SE W995 with GENERIC SonyEricsson R1HA035 firmware. I just updated the firmware with SEUS.
The problem now is - before and after I installed the new firmware - that I can't use flash menu (or desktop). I can apply all the default themes ("Circa", ...) and they show the flash standby screen. But none of theme shows the flash menu. And the option "From design" in "Desktop layout" is disabled. When I try to choose it, the mobile tells me that the design doesn't support a flash layout.

The really weird thing now is, that I already had a look into the "/tpa/.../desktop/flash" folder and saw that all the flash layouts are in the right place. Even if I copy new ones (and add the corresponding themes via PC Suite) I can't let the mobile display the flash menu.

It drives me crazy. Would be really great if someone could give me a hint or solution.

BTW: SE support tells me, that it might have to do with the restrictions in the firmware I got from the provider. So I told them it's not a provider firmware, it's their own.

Regards
centur
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-05 18:43
You must put theme (*.thm) in TPA > USER > THEMES
And don't forget to edit in theme.xml file:

Arno_Nym
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 11:48
Thanks for your advice. I would like to try it, but I can't see what I should edit in theme.xml file.
I think you mean I should add a line like

< Desktop_forbidden Type="File" Source="Foobar.swf" />

where Foobar.swf is the correpsonding flash menu. BTW: Can I use only the filename or do I have to add a relative or absolute path?
[ This Message was edited by: Arno_Nym on 2010-02-06 13:44 ]
Arno_Nym
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 13:14
Thanks again for your hint, centur. But it didn't work. Still the same problem. Does somebody know which Firmware would work? Maybe it's really the firmware?!?
At davinviteam.com I could purchase a new one. Which would you recommend?
mewgim
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 10:38
you are just doing it wrong.

follow part 1 of this tutorial

http://www.se-stuff.net/help/flash-menu.html
Arno_Nym
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-11 20:00
Thanks mewgim. I debranded my mobile. I couldn't believe it wasn't an original firmware. But it seems that it was a branded one. Thank you very much.
groovepeppy
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-12 17:12
you can have flash menu in all se phone with swf support, i mean if it can use swf for the wallpaper then you can use flash menu aswell. in your case they made the phone unable to use it but you can make it done with some customize_upgrade.xml
but now you got it working so congratulation
Black Sensation Z710e - Black Apollo 9360
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi