Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Can Satio record in HD?

Author Can Satio record in HD?
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 20:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
can the Satio support HD recording, if so why don't developers make an application that will allow it to support HD recording
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2010-01-28 17:42 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 20:51
processor may not supported but if they wanna they can do it
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
danman7_200
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 00:59
the internals in the phone will just about allow hd video recording as it is exactly same internals as Samsung I8910 but even with that phone, frame rate can be a little low sometimes. I think this is why In the new Sony phone they have bumped up the clock speed a little past 600Mhz to give it some extra ooopmth!
AstraLaVista
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 11:34
Then we just have to overclock the Satio
Ericsson T10, Ericsson T20, Ericsson T20, Siemens SL55, Sony Ericsson K750i, Sony Ericsson K750i, Sony Ericsson K850i, Sony Ericsson Satio
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 13:21
I dont know why do you wanna such thing on satio... i have both satio and a omnia hd ... all i can say is that satio have better quality by far. Videos on omnia hd are only bigger thats it (but i still have the first firmware because in Portugal, samsung didnt released any update till now )
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-31 00:31
@miguel..the hd recording on the i8910 is better than the video on the satio. its clear to see. i hope u mean d1 comparisons..
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-31 01:11
i recorded the same thing on both devices and then transfer them to pc and watch them in it.... The video recorded by satio was clean with no interferences,the colors are vibrant and the sound was a bit lower. The video recorded by omnia HD was about double of the size and the sound was louder but terrible, the colors were good too but i think the part of the video with less light satio did better...and now the bad part and this is why i preffered satio: Omnia HD dropping frames and this is very noticible causing some interferences in the video. This is a thing that not happens always but its a shame.

And now that we talk about omnia hd camara i have another big complain... when you transfer the pictures to a pc and open with windows image viewer, all the pictures are stretched to a square size. They are ok if you open with other program (photoshop, paint etc) and you will need to save them again with one of this programs if you want to see them correctly on the windows image viewer. Its a bug (Both from windows and samsung) but its another shame..
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-31 08:20
i know what u mean. its happen'd to me once, but for some reason it doesn't nw. btw, get yaself over to i8910forum and check the custom firmware thread. the latest release has MASSIVE improvements to camera, and recording video, kinetic scrolling, effects through the menu's. the changelog is huge. alota people say its the best firmware. period.
Raafat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-31 12:51
It may be possible, wait till the Vivaz comes out so that we can compare firmware. The OMAP 3430 natively supports 720x480 recording but the i8910 has shown that it can be pushed to 1280x720. However the camera lens refresh rate may not be fast enough to allow smooth 720P recording.
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-31 20:41
Yeahh i know but this is samsung duty and not hackers... In my country samsung even 1 firmware update released so all the bugs still there. Fortunally my problems with omnia can be avoid, fixed, or are not so annoying like satio.
Still, in the next couple of months i will get rid of one of them and it will be the phone that still not received any update by that time or the one with less changes. Its difficult to me to choose who´s best so this will be the only way
Next phone to take its place.... dont know maybe a nokia since nokia at least provide far more support and updates to his S60... or maybe an android phone (x10 since SE still my favorite brand)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi