Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Earphones with mic for iPhone 3gs suggestion?

Author Earphones with mic for iPhone 3gs suggestion?
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 00:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys
right I need some advice here. I am looking for a good set of earphones with a mic for my iPhone 3gs. I bought originally apple's in ear remote earphones but they started to crackle when the volume was too high. Then the left earphone eventually died so I returned this back to the apple store. They suggested the sennheiser mm50 model I think it's called which is great. However the push to talk feature of the mic does not seem to work when you are listening to music and u want to answer a call. It only works when you are not listening to music. Which I find really silly. The apple one worked bothways with or without music. So I have the choice of taking the one I have now back and going back to the apple one hoping it works correctly or getting a refund and getting something else differet but don't know which one. It has to have a mic where it allows me to answer a call with and without Music playing.
stulou
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 00:51
I had a pair of Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket earphones that suffered the exact problems you encountered with your Apple 'phones.

Rather than waste my money on another pair of FMJ'S, I did some serious research and found that the 2 pairs of earphones that were getting rave reviews were the Bose in ear phones for mobile, and the Klipsch S4i.

I plumped for the Klipsch ones, and I can honestly say that I haven't been disappointed.

Info on the Bose can be found here - http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/h[....]obile-in-ear-headset/index.jsp

Info on the Klipsch can be found here - http://www.klipsch.co.uk/cat/ipod-headphones/product/image_s4i

Both sets are available to buy from the Apple Store.
[ This Message was edited by: stulou on 2010-01-24 22:53 ]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 02:49
I thought Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket earphones were replaced for free if they became faulty...

esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 21:03
stulou and ofiach thanks for the replies. I have never heard of klispsch before. I am going to check it out tomorrow at the apple store and return the one I have at the moment.

thanks
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 21:46
stulou you know the Klipsch ones, do they stay ok in your ear when your running? can you deff for sure answer and end calls, while listening to music with them on? As well as answer and end calls when no music is playing?

On 2010-01-24 00:51:51, stulou wrote:
I had a pair of Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket earphones that suffered the exact problems you encountered with your Apple 'phones.

Rather than waste my money on another pair of FMJ'S, I did some serious research and found that the 2 pairs of earphones that were getting rave reviews were the Bose in ear phones for mobile, and the Klipsch S4i.

I plumped for the Klipsch ones, and I can honestly say that I haven't been disappointed.

Info on the Bose can be found here - http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/h[....]obile-in-ear-headset/index.jsp

Info on the Klipsch can be found here - http://www.klipsch.co.uk/cat/ipod-headphones/product/image_s4i

Both sets are available to but from the Apple Store.

stulou
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 23:45

On 2010-01-24 02:49:46, ofiaich wrote:
I thought Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket earphones were replaced for free if they became faulty...

They do in the USA or Canada but there is no HQ in the UK.
[ This Message was edited by: stulou on 2010-01-24 22:54 ]
stulou
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 23:51

On 2010-01-24 21:46:48, Mr Miyagi wrote:
stulou you know the Klipsch ones, do they stay ok in your ear when your running? can you deff for sure answer and end calls, while listening to music with them on? As well as answer and end calls when no music is playing?

I not sure about running but they definately stay in during a brisk walk to and from work on a daily basis. They do answer and end calls during music playback, and most definately answer and end calls when no music is playing. They are, as far as I know, the only earphones on the market that replicate the functionality of the Apple ones. They even control the Voice Control function on the 3GS.
Barachus
W800
PM
Posted: 2010-01-25 17:08
i have a pair of zaggs z-buds, they completely replicate all the iphone functions, FF, RR, Stop, answer call, stop ....etc, and the music quality is really good, and they have a unique way of round the neck wearing that is really clever
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi