Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > X2 languages

Author X2 languages
MizzMazziE
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-15 16:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I got the Norwegian X2 with a Scandinavian keyboard (so it includes æøå) but I don't want the language on the phone in Norwegian, but English. Does anyone know how to change it?
bob2k4
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-15 17:32
according to SE you cannot change the pre-installed language on the phone, you can only change the keyboard language through regional settings.
MizzMazziE
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 12:44
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to change the keyboard language to Polish. I get the Polish characters but when I press æ, ø or å on my keyboard that's exactly what I get - æ, ø and å, not any Polish characters. So maybe those keys are hard coded?

If anyone reading this has an English version of the X2: Could you please try to change the keyboard language to Norwegian/Danish and then press the 9, up and down buttons and let me know what happens? It would be greatly appreciated
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 13:57
I have a a X2 with English key layout but with Norwegian firmware and Norwegian æøå on the 9-key and arrows. I am like you, not able to change the key layout from Norwegian to English.

Take a look at Settings - System - Enhetsinformasjon (device information) where you will see information about the firmware. On my X2 is says Language region: GENERIC_NO and Programvarespråk: Norsk.
My guess is that you also have the GENERIC_NO and are therefore locked to the Norwegian language
MizzMazziE
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 14:46
Yup, that's what my phone says as well. That's why I'm wondering if anyone with the English firmware is able to write æ. ø and å if they change the keyboard layout.

I want the menu in English but still be able to write in Danish/Norwegian. I'm gonna be seriously ticked off if it's not possible...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi