Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > c905 vs c901

Author c905 vs c901
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-04 16:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
We need a C901 vs C905 vs ZN5 Comparison
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
thesun
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-04-04 16:18
no.. instead of C901 vs C905, why not we look at common ground, which is the beautiful shot they produce??
we should be brothers, not fighters..

furthermore the camdriver can be modified.. we have Raiderki on our side, while the C905 has DM..
http://www.flickr.com/groups/c901/
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2010-04-04 23:24
if i bought a new, expensive cam-phone, i wouldn't choose a camera who "just" produce great daylight pics.....i would choose a model who behaves great in all weather.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

the thing is that c905 have way better all-round camera............just look at c905 auto lowlight & night shoots.......wow, they are freaking good.....insane blackness, great colours, etc.

this is what im talking about, power of c905.......... (c901 haven't got a chance here, modded driver or not)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
thesun
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 02:06

this is what im talking about, power of c905.......... (c901 haven't got a chance here, modded driver or not)

bring me to that place, i'll show you what c901 got.
lol..

C901 owners are more likely 'poorer' than c905 owners, so they dont go to nice places often..

i wanted to show lowlight pics, but there is nothing interesting here at my place..
http://www.flickr.com/groups/c901/
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 02:09

if i bought a new, expensive cam-phone, i wouldn't choose a camera who "just" produce great daylight pics.....i would choose a model who behaves great in all weather.

I don't know if you are joking about this sometimes, open you eyes..... a phone like that doesn't exist, phone manufacturers don't care about the quality of a camera if they make everyone believe its amazing, its all about marketing, purposefully lied about the MP count on the C905 to make everyone think "Wow! That's the highest mega-pixel count on a camera-phone ever, it must be amazing" I don't doubt you know about factors to image quality like chromatic aberration, but decide to believe manufacturers trying to sell phone through intensive marketing, there has been no marketing for the C901, or any lies about MP count, so people assume its a bad camera-phone.

I make the point again, as jake20 said, there is no point in posting random pictures, this doesn't show quality, why doesn't it? Because photo quality is relative, like almost anything is, we compare by relating one thing to another. A discussion won't get us anywhere with the question "C901 vs C905" (photo quality) if there are no users with either phone, or more importantly users owning both phones and know the strengths and weaknesses of both phones, the only person who owns both is code, and until full res pics between C901 and C905 are posted, me/you/anyone else can't pass judgment if we don't own both phones and see the results in the same lighting conditions IMO, we cant pass judgment because our assumptions of the camera's photo quality come from; marketing (adverts and general hype) and other people's opinions of the phone, which come from seeing pictures on the internet or also through manufacture marketing the product,
At the end of the day, for and any other business its all about making profit, whats the point in making a camera-phone which produces incredible pictures crushing photo quality of even the top 12MP camera-phones if it only has 2MP? It would be disregarded and people would want more mega-pixels... IMO most people assume the more mega-pixels the better the quality, I remember believing this too, its shocking how they market camera's by their MP count.... The first question that's ever asked about a new camera, camera-phone isn't "oh, how big is that sensor you got inside there?" instead its always "how many mega-pixels?" because its drilled into our heads:"more mega-pixels = better quality"
I am not defending C901, for all I know C905 camera quality is better and from photos I have seen this is mainly true, but if somebody doesn't own either, how can he/she support/claim that one has better picture quality than the other?
I also want to make the point that if you cant admit there is a obvious weakness in a camera/camera-phone you have spent money on and dreamed of having, there cannot be an open and honest discussion about comparing yours to any other because from the start there is bias, and that aint' good!

For a thread like this to come to a conclusion it needs photo comparisons taken in the same conditions! Amen to that

Ive gone a bit over-the-top with this as always, but to conclude I will say that this has all been said before and will go ignored, so is the nature of opinions of photo quality, as its so easy to judge a camera by one amazing photo to be memorized by it's potential that its weaknesses are ignored. Saying any of this wont change your/anyone's opinion, thus the importance of the point above!

P.S
Plank I always enjoy debating (arguing) with you about picture quality..... but as a wise man once said;
"If you are happy with the result of your endeavors, then you need not ask for more" (I just made that up right now I think that's pretty good )
[ This Message was edited by: mriley on 2010-04-05 01:34 ]
-------------------
Junz
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 08:06
Just ask code for making a c901 vs c905 low light image with original camdrive, so everyone can make their own winner based on their eyes and taste...
Nexus 4 + C901
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 08:38
just ridiculous to say c901 is even close c905 in lowlight/night.

(I mean, the BIG subject about C901 is if anyone can fix a modded cam-driver who works properly ?????..........no thanks, i rather buy a camera who works good from start)

Glad Påsk alla barn..............
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2010-04-05 07:43 ]
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 09:35
Hahaha..I know that Plank will got burned if someone say C901 are good, because everyone know he very hate C901. He don't has any intention to show an objective statement. I don't hate my C905, every single pictures I've uploaded here just to show how the camera goes on. If Plank said C905 low-light are good, how bout my picture in the previous page? I've done add C901's picture too at same place and same time. There was no manipulation there. Don't care how much C901's pictures uploaded here, Plank always say C901 are suck because he very hate this phone so much, in other words maybe Something like \"envious\".
Please visit My GALLERY
Raiderski
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-05 10:34
Guys, don't feed the troll.
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 18:16
Peace: "If you are happy with the result of your endeavors, then you need not ask for more"

Code, please post some pictures full size so we can stop arguing about this... best not reply to Plank's post if it doesn't have any point to it.
[ This Message was edited by: mriley on 2010-04-05 17:17 ]
-------------------
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-05 18:22
I always picture gullable consumers in shops being sold 12 mega pixel camera phones by salesmen saying it's the best cos it has the highest pixel count. Simply not true. Pixels the higher you go is only really if you need to print big poster size. Most 3 to 5 mega pixel images look fine on 4x6 print paper.
Phone?? What phone??
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-06 20:55
Lets start with lo-lite condition
C901 (All Auto, no flash)

C901 (auto + flash)

C901 twilight landscape

C905 (All Auto, no flash)

C905 auto + flash

C905 twilight landscape

Both using original stock camdriver (C901: R1GA028 & C905: R1FA035)

Please visit My GALLERY
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:55
in my eyes both phones are good. but the c905 gives more sharpness
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-04-07 20:59
Yeah, its hard to compare them, daylight shots needed in the order C905 first c901 second or the other way round!
-------------------
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-07 21:12
why is there a orb in the picture waaaa a ghost
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi