Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > WiFi stopped working on my W995

Author WiFi stopped working on my W995
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2010-01-03 19:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My WiFi has stopped working just like that. When I turn it on it doesn't find any network. WTF has happened!? There have never been any problems before...
//Mange
geokilla
W715 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-03 20:05
Turn off the phone, remove battery, insert battery, turn on phone, go to WiFi, voila!

It's a common problem for phones with WiFi and a common fix.
Sony Ericsson G705 --> W715
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 14:59
Thx mate.
Tried that without success
When I turn on my phone the WiFi is activated although I had it deactivated when I shut down the phone.
//Mange
acippico
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 10:01
Mine suddenly stopped working too. I've taken the battery out, reset user settings (not master) and still not working. I've been using WiFi every day since I got the phone a year ago. Now it just refuses to fins any WiFi networks, even though there are three in my vicinity and my other WiFi devices can see them too.
I think I'm going to take a trip back to the shop.
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 22:05
Still no success for me either. I've done an upgrade on my FW and still no change. I don't know if it is hardware related since the WiFi is turned on by it self when I start up the phone. I will hand it in for service, but I'll do that later on. I need the phone right now and I can't afford to have the phone away for weeks, which will be the case.
//Mange
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-21 23:03

On 2010-02-21 22:05:37, mange69 wrote:
Still no success for me either. I've done an upgrade on my FW and still no change. I don't know if it is hardware related since the WiFi is turned on by it self when I start up the phone. I will hand it in for service, but I'll do that later on. I need the phone right now and I can't afford to have the phone away for weeks, which will be the case.

Why would you troubleshoot the phone first with new firmware ... that's a bit drastic.

Need more info:
1. Where are you connecting? Home, cafe, free hotspot?
2. Check the routers settings. Anything changed (wep/wpa2 personal passcode change? Mac filtering enabled)??!!
2. reset the router if all else is set fine. purge the hotspot connection from your phone with its settings. Then re-establish from scratch like its the very first time you're connecting.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
mange69
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2010-02-22 11:05
@Prom1

I have a WiFi router at home and I haven't done any changes in the settings. I don't find any accesspoints anywhere where I should. If there were any wrong in the settings I would still at least see the accesspoints in the list, but not be able to connect.

Then it is this auto start-phenomenon of the WiFi when I start my phone. That is very strange since I set it to off before I turn off the phone. I've done the trick removing the battery without success. That gives me the FW update as the final solution before handing it in to a servicepoint.
//Mange
amoebax
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 13:02

Hey! I got my w995 a few days. Wifi was working fine until last night it stopped working. I took the battery out
but it didn't work. Tried it a few more times and now its working again.
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-24 11:47
This also happened to me - I lost my 3G/GSM & Wifi signal around 2 months ago. Went to an SE shop since it was still under warranty, they just updated the firmware & it was fine after.
mofoRI
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-20 11:21
Has anyone solved this problem (auto-on on Wifi and no wifi access points detected) for sure?

All advice went in direction of "last hope is..." but no one reported that anything actually worked?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi