Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Question regarding iPhones screen resolution

Author Question regarding iPhones screen resolution
Shebee
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 01:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey.
Well, it's Christmas soon, and I thought I'd get myself an iPhone.
I know I know, there are better options, but so far it seems like the right choice.
I've used an iPod Touch before and I didn't really notice anything weird in the display.
But now I read it only has a resolution of 320x480.
Thats kinda low.
So now I started wondering, if it was bad, can anyone with a WVGA phone tell me the difference between it and an iPhone?

So far any other phones haven't really been that good of a choice for me since I love to download all sorts of apps and crap on my phone, iPhone seems like the right choice.
So how does it do in surfing the web and gaming compared to WVGA.
Another option I was thinking of was the HTC HD2, but it's pretty expensive, and it runs windows mobile, so not that many apps.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 02:05
The iphone screen is stunning although not the best resolution there is its still great. The HTC is better
Phone?? What phone??
frank2345babies
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 20:59
The screen on the iPhone is very good though it could be improved. For browsing the net the iPhone is still the best phone I have had including the x1 and omnia HD and don't even notice the relatively low resolution. When moving from the omnia HD to the iPhone I did notice a big difference between the screens when watching videos the iPhone was at first a disappointment as it wasn't nearly so bright or sharp as the samsungs oled display. However this was just due to the transition now that I have had the iPhone for a while I find it very very capable for watching videos and quite enjoyable only thing I missed was a small stand for the iPhone

and gaming as far as I am concerned the iPhone beats all the other competitors
out there regardless of screen. I would rather play iPhone games on a QVGA screen that any windows mobile games on WVGA Screen( may sound fanboyish but it is an objective opinion lol)
[ This Message was edited by: frank2345babies on 2009-12-08 20:03 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 21:46
Its one of the best in sunlight
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi