Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-Portfolio 2010

Author SE-Portfolio 2010
domipost
Hazel
Joined: Mar 18, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: Leiden, Netherlands
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-01 17:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-01 11:12:29, Radu_91 wrote:
well at least is there a slider with the same specs as Aino but without the touchscreen going to be released soon ?
[ This Message was edited by: Radu_91 on 2009-12-01 10:20 ]



What about W995?
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2009-12-01 23:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Robyn and Mimmi - yes. Faith - no idea. You're missing one..........the shorter name of an excellent Italian footballer.

Google have their Google phone in testing at the moment. Don't expect too many favours from them on the Android scene. Its more down to to build upon the Android platform for themselves like they have done with the X10. I cannot say if the new Android phones from will be 2.0 or 2.1, it depends on and what they wish to work with. A few people are annoyed with the Hero using 2.1 but its no big deal really.
Robis
W880 Black
Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Posts: 273
From: London-Vilnius
PM
Posted: 2009-12-01 23:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
what a about XPERIA Pureness 2? How I understand, it will be maybe after year or posible only on 2011?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-02 01:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Apparently I cannot get information on this forums:

What about WinMo?

Do we know any future SE plans regarding this platform?

What about WM7?
a w a r e
McKinley
K750
Joined: Feb 23, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden, USA Los Angeles CA
PM
Posted: 2009-12-02 02:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
They have abolished WinMo according to Eldar.
I'm afraid that the X2 was the last WinMo mobile from Sony Ericsson for a while.
Only success of WinMo 7 will determine whether to release or not to release phones based on that platform in the future.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-02 02:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-02 02:05:27, McKinley wrote:
They have abolished WinMo according to Eldar.
I'm afraid that the X2 was the last WinMo mobile from Sony Ericsson for a while.
Only success of WinMo 7 will determine whether to release or not to release phones based on that platform in the future.



Thanks man.
However I was trying to find if anybody here has any info.

Eldar is not trustworthy for me at all.
a w a r e
Supa_Fly
K750
Joined: Apr 16, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: Toronto, Ontario
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-02 07:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-11-30 16:42:07, goldenface wrote:
5.0MP cam, slim and waterproof will be ideal for going around the bars. Lord knows how many phones have been bricked by dropping into pints and down toilets.



You must be American (recall the published Nokia study of 70~% of USA citizens use the tele in the bathroom) lol. Seriously though, if you're wasted on a few pints you REALLY should be using 1 hand on the wall to stand up straight and the other to aim; no free firing (friendly fire can really cause serious issues). When I'm drunk and gotta pee the LAST thing I need to do is make a phone call lol.

@juris15, thanks for the news ... I Susan the J10/J20?
|AppleTV2|iPhone7 256GB|MBA 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2009-12-02 14:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There is another WinMo device after the X2 but this has been cancelled. It could be that it comes later with WinMo7. WinMo phones are still on the agenda, they will look at WinMo7 for sure. WinMo is an important OS, would be silly not to make another. X2 will do well but if the successor does not then that's a different matter. There are plans in place for a successor. If we are lucky, we should see the new OS in the first half of 2010, its a big improvement and has a lot of potential to succeed. Its not over for WinMo yet.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-03 14:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-02 14:35:02, badassmam wrote:
There is another WinMo device after the X2 but this has been cancelled. It could be that it comes later with WinMo7. WinMo phones are still on the agenda, they will look at WinMo7 for sure. WinMo is an important OS, would be silly not to make another. X2 will do well but if the successor does not then that's a different matter. There are plans in place for a successor. If we are lucky, we should see the new OS in the first half of 2010, its a big improvement and has a lot of potential to succeed. Its not over for WinMo yet.


Very much thank you for this info!!!
a w a r e
McKinley
K750
Joined: Feb 23, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden, USA Los Angeles CA
PM
Posted: 2009-12-03 15:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What I would like to know is if there is any A300 platform based phone planned for 2010?
A successor to Aino with 3.5 inch full touchscreen capability, A300 and at least Arm Cortex A8 processor would have been nice.
Supa_Fly
K750
Joined: Apr 16, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: Toronto, Ontario
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-03 16:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-03 15:02:22, McKinley wrote:
What I would like to know is if there is any A300 platform based phone planned for 2010?
A successor to Aino with 3.5 inch full touchscreen capability, A300 and at least Arm Cortex A8 processor would have been nice.


Why waste such a powerful platform with A300 or feature phone capabilities? Why has such HIGH production costs to deliver so low to the competition; just for touch screen capabilities? A300 would get a fine boost with ARM11. 600Mhz and hardware acceleration is capable on such Freescale cpu's. BTW, what is so significant in A300 vs A200??
|AppleTV2|iPhone7 256GB|MBA 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
McKinley
K750
Joined: Feb 23, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden, USA Los Angeles CA
PM
Posted: 2009-12-03 17:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-03 16:39:57, Prom1 wrote:

On 2009-12-03 15:02:22, McKinley wrote:
What I would like to know is if there is any A300 platform based phone planned for 2010?
A successor to Aino with 3.5 inch full touchscreen capability, A300 and at least Arm Cortex A8 processor would have been nice.


Why waste such a powerful platform with A300 or feature phone capabilities? Why has such HIGH production costs to deliver so low to the competition; just for touch screen capabilities? A300 would get a fine boost with ARM11. 600Mhz and hardware acceleration is capable on such Freescale cpu's. BTW, what is so significant in A300 vs A200??



I don't know anything about A300 yet but if Sony Ericsson really want to stay competitive as a dumbphone maker, they should fit in full support for touch screen, higher resolution of course, updated look with more eye candy, well integrated social crap stuff, digital compass, fluent map application experience and more versatile web browser with at least Flash 9.4 support etc. With all the bells and whistle, a powerful CPU is needed and I don't think ARM A11 is up for that task even at 600MHz.
I know it uses an ARM11 processor at 434MHz only, but just have a look at the N97 which lags from time to time and 166MHz is most likely not enough for a feature phone la Aino sucessor, if something like that ever will be released?
Legen
W960
Joined: May 25, 2008
Posts: 469
PM
Posted: 2009-12-03 18:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Regarding s60v5, how will the planned new interface by nokia(see Engadget and Gsmarena) affect sonyericsson? Or is it just gona be a customization like s.e did with Satio? Any ideas?
se_love
K800 Brown
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2009-12-03 19:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-03 18:10:31, Legen wrote:
Regarding s60v5, how will the planned new interface by nokia(see Engadget and Gsmarena) affect sonyericsson? Or is it just gona be a customization like s.e did with Satio? Any ideas?

Its not going to affect too much, SE already has a fair game ahead of what Nokia is pushing, as seen with Kurara as its currently in a working state with flash wallpapers.
darknoob
K850 Blue
Joined: Feb 26, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2009-12-04 15:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-02 02:05:27, McKinley wrote:
They have abolished WinMo according to Eldar.
I'm afraid that the X2 was the last WinMo mobile from Sony Ericsson for a while.
Only success of WinMo 7 will determine whether to release or not to release phones based on that platform in the future.



they haven't abolished WinMo yet, although they're gonna to focus on android . that what I know..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic