Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 137138139 ... 232233234  Next
Author SE-Portfolio 2010
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-02 08:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Cameraphone - A Phone that has an integrated camera that can be used to take pictures at times when you don't have your digital camera with you

Phonecamera - Basically more of a digital camera than a phone, that can completely replace your digital camera and can also make and receive calls if and when required
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 10:19
@S4k1s

Not a bad little concept. Almost a prediction of things to come.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 19:08
So the 15th of this month is the financial report, should be interesting.

I, personally, am looking forward to Q1 next year in particular cause I see that as a bad drop in sales and in turn profits.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 00:30
Why are you looking forward to seeing that?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 02:53
You want to see how bad will it be for them after this comeback they had thanks to the x10's?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 05:22
Naah.... I think the numbers will only rise for . I expect a higher profit than Q2 thanks to the good reception to the new phones such as the Zylo, X10 mini pro etc.

Also hazel and elm have been doing well too.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 09:25
@goldenface

No, I'm not looking forward to see them do badly but am worried or concerned that they have their strategy all wrong for the rest of the year. I've already mentioned a few months ago that their current 'limited' portfolio is enough to sustain them financially till this quarter. I feel they should've had an interesting mix of phones ready for release this quarter so as to prepare for the next year, that actually goes for every fourth quarter. They knew they were not in a healthy position and I fear they failed to plan accordingly. I hope they prove me wrong which would be fantastic and would mean better products and a larger portfolio.

@tranced

I suppose the above answers your question as well. I love this brand even though it pisses me off quite often. The first time I got me a non-SE phone was in 2008, a Motorola V8 which I still use even today as my secondary phone while my favourite phone of all time- the P1i- remains my primary. This year I got me the Blackberry Bold 9700 which lasted me two weeks. Right now it is in its box in the closet gathering dust. I still have my P910i in its box as well in excellent working condition. I recently gave my W890i to my daughter.

What I'm getting at is I really find it hard trying to use other brands because the experience is like torture. The V8 benefitted because it has the best call quality of any phone, that it is beautifull crafted and thin is a bonus but it is a pain to use hence I use it mostly for calls and occasional texts. SE's user experience is second to none IMO that is why I'm hoping they bring out the ultimate smartphone that brings me back home, they are due one since their last great smartphone that is the P1i according to me. It's been a long time and I also miss the old SE magic but if they keep messing up I will crap on them and stay away for another two years

@avmaxfan

This whole year I expect only profits from SE, they've doneextremely well to come from their worst period ever. Q1, 2011 is where I see diminished profits.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 10:46
Well the X8 should do well for the right price and it looks like it should be a profitable phone for them for the festive season.

Normally the big summer announcements are shipping around this time however, there have been no 'hero phone' launches this summer so it's down to the low and mid end phones to sell lots over the holiday season I suspect.

I feel that SE are still in transition and it won't be till next year that we'll begin to see the types of devices that we really want to get our paws. The rumoured X12 / SO-01C is rumoured to begin shipping early - mid January.

I read somewhere that the new blood at the top of SE is putting a stop to the strategy of many months between announcement and shipping - a strategy that has never made any sense whatsoever. They acted like they were worried about information leaking out about upcoming phones but by the time any announced phones began shipping the competition was already catching up.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-05 11:52

On 2010-10-05 09:25:59, Dups! wrote:
@goldenface

No, I'm not looking forward to see them do badly but am worried or concerned that they have their strategy all wrong for the rest of the year. I've already mentioned a few months ago that their current 'limited' portfolio is enough to sustain them financially till this quarter. I feel they should've had an interesting mix of phones ready for release this quarter so as to prepare for the next year, that actually goes for every fourth quarter. They knew they were not in a healthy position and I fear they failed to plan accordingly. I hope they prove me wrong which would be fantastic and would mean better products and a larger portfolio.

@tranced

I suppose the above answers your question as well. I love this brand even though it pisses me off quite often. The first time I got me a non-SE phone was in 2008, a Motorola V8 which I still use even today as my secondary phone while my favourite phone of all time- the P1i- remains my primary. This year I got me the Blackberry Bold 9700 which lasted me two weeks. Right now it is in its box in the closet gathering dust. I still have my P910i in its box as well in excellent working condition. I recently gave my W890i to my daughter.

What I'm getting at is I really find it hard trying to use other brands because the experience is like torture. The V8 benefitted because it has the best call quality of any phone, that it is beautifull crafted and thin is a bonus but it is a pain to use hence I use it mostly for calls and occasional texts. SE's user experience is second to none IMO that is why I'm hoping they bring out the ultimate smartphone that brings me back home, they are due one since their last great smartphone that is the P1i according to me. It's been a long time and I also miss the old SE magic but if they keep messing up I will crap on them and stay away for another two years

@avmaxfan

This whole year I expect only profits from SE, they've doneextremely well to come from their worst period ever. Q1, 2011 is where I see diminished profits.

I would honestly add X1, it was really impressive.
a w a r e
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 12:19
@goldenface

Yes, I'm with you on the X8 doing well, the question is how good is it for the bottom line considering it is very cheap? I would've liked to see two decent mid-end phones to complement the X8. Imagine an 8 mp Walkman the size of the Vivaz and maybe something else to sustain the wonderful momentum.

I agree that next year we are in for some serious high-ends which I am hoping one (Android) will be my next phone.

If it is true that they are trying to cut down on their announcement to release schedule then it is about time, the mobile phone industry has evolved drastically over the years and they need to keep up.

One thing I'm happy about is Bert at the helm. Dick started the turnaround and it needed an experienced successor,someone with sound knowledge of the cellphone market and they that man in Bert. They need to sort out their software engineers cause they are not quite there yet. To be fair though, the overall improvements are commendable, better build quality being the most notable. Software engineering and management are better than before but need to be on par or even better with/than the best.

@doministry

That phone was spectacular on announcement but took too long to release. I've never tried it but I feel HTC screwed SE over in a number of areas based on reviews. Build quality and the sofware were deliberately messed up by the Taiwanese company only for them to come up with a better X1 in the Touch Pro. They did the same to Google on the Nexus One. Other than that I would've given it the nod. As time progresses and SE gets to use and play with Windows they will gain the necessary experience and know-how to handle it with success as they seem to have done a better job optimizing their last greenheart windows phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2010-10-05 11:38 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 12:34
To me, I see the X8 as having most of its development already done with the X10 Mini and the X10 so it doesn't look like a phone that required huge initial outlay, like the X10 would have. So the margins on the X8 will be quite large, even though the phone itself will retail for not a lot of money.

I agree that their software engineers need to step up a gear, I can't be fun for SE watching other manufacturers leaping ahead with their Android versions and being criticised so much, as they have been recently. They need to get some good phones out and quickly.

DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-05 12:44

On 2010-10-02 08:20:41, avmaxfan wrote:

Cameraphone - A Phone that has an integrated camera that can be used to take pictures at times when you don't have your digital camera with you

Phonecamera - Basically more of a digital camera than a phone, that can completely replace your digital camera and can also make and receive calls if and when required

^lol more less thee same definition for me:)
| history 5110, 8210, 3310, P900/10,8250, 5210, 1100, 3220, GA628,T105,w810,K550, K610,W880,W910,P1,G900,C905, Satio, x10 mini, arc, XS, XZ, XZ3, XZ5P,XA2U
ScoreP
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 15:31
Gizmodo is reporting that Panasonic showed their 13mp lumix phone but is well ugly. So I'll still be using my satio for awhile unless SE X12 appears by magic.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-05 18:57
A bit offtopic, but is it true that Android 3.0 will put the end to the custom UIs like HTC Sense, SE UX and so on?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 19:09
What I know thus far is that certain elements of Gingerbread WILL NOT be 'customizable' meaning that the UX and/or Sense will be scaled down. This is apparently to stop the OS's fragmentation from continuing further.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 137138139 ... 232233234  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic